Resource SANFL Jumper History

bells_67

Draftee
Dec 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Also I think this was the original WWT guernsey when they were formed, or it was very smiliar

That was no 2 worn from the 2nd year and worn in the 93 flag, original eagles jumper was green and blue separated by what look like a stretched chooks head in golden yellow which was actually the E eagle emblem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Hey Mero , just wondering if any progress has been made with the SANFL Jumper history?
Not really.
I am relying on SANFL club historians.
There was a push from a guy at the Power to get some people involved, however he moved on to a different job and the project stalled.

So far I've completed Central Districts, North Adelaide, Norwood, Woodville & Port Adelaide.
I can't really research SA footy from where I live, so I am relying on locals to do that.
The best option is people from the clubs, and to this point they've proven to be disinterested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers, Adelaide Bite
For Glenelg you could try this bloke, he has amassed an unbelievable collection on all sorts of Bays stuff including heaps of guernseys. Don't believe he is officially affiliated with the club however may be wrong about that.

Liam Boy

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It might be a good idea to just make what you've got so far of the SANFL history accessible to whoeever is looking at the site, someone with info might see that you're missing something and contact you about it

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Other Teams
It might be a good idea to just make what you've got so far of the SANFL history accessible to whoeever is looking at the site, someone with info might see that you're missing something and contact you about it
Fair call.
I might have to get a SANFL thing like the WAFL thing, but that means changing all 4,939 pages to include that in the banner

Liam Boy

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair call.
I might have to get a SANFL thing like the WAFL thing, but that means changing all 4,939 pages to include that in the banner
oof. there's gotta be a way to make the banner a standardised element across the website, and changing it automatically changes it on every other page. you'd be saving yourself so much work in the long run by doing that

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Other Teams
oof. there's gotta be a way to make the banner a standardised element across the website, and changing it automatically changes it on every other page. you'd be saving yourself so much work in the long run by doing that
There is, and that involves re-creating each one of the 4,939 pages in a different format

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Other Teams

Liam Boy

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Huh. If centrals got their jumpers from footscray shouldn't they be the same as footscray's jumper from this period? instead centrals' royal blue is lighter and the hoops are higher. Is this another image that reverted?
1574989826575.png
1574989832675.png

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Other Teams
That's the problem I've been having with the old images getting uploaded again
When I first made these I saved them in cmyk format.
Later I changed them to rgb.
These ones shown are the originals I fixed a while back.
However, they came back again.
I've just uploaded the current versions, which are the deeper Blue.

Top Bottom