Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Can't say I remember him...

At the bottom of the article:

Wilson joins several other new faces on Port Adelaide’s SANFL list for 2022 including former Woodville-West Torrens pair Jackson Lee and Nick Moore along with Brayden Kirk from Crystal Brook and formerly North Adelaide, Moonta forward/midfielder Aidan Turner and Mac Nield from PHOS Camden.

Wilson joins several other new faces on Port Adelaide’s SANFL list for 2022 including former Woodville-West Torrens pair Jackson Lee and Nick Moore along with Brayden Kirk from Crystal Brook and formerly North Adelaide, Moonta forward/midfielder Aidan Turner and Mac Nield from PHOS Camden.
Wasn't he on the Crows' rookie list for a year or two?

I knew of him, but I never knew he'd previously played for the Magpies.

Was a junior at Port before being a massive weapon on the wing for Norwood. His brother Luke I think played a couple games at either senior or reserves level for us.

Was a junior at Port before being a massive weapon on the wing for Norwood. His brother Luke I think played a couple games at either senior or reserves level for us.
That's how I remember him, blistering speed on the wing and I reckon 3 of those opening SANFL season games Rd 1 v Norwood at the Parade on a Thursday night, that I went and watched, his blistering speed cut up the Magpies. And I remember the long hair that flowed in the breeze when he went on those runs, before he put it in a bun.

The crows took him as a rookie pick at end of 2014 and according to Draftguru he played 16 games for the crows reserves and 2 for the Magpies in 2015. I can't remember what happened there. The crows cut him at end of 2015. Draftguru has his SANFL history from 2010 when he was 17.

He played in 2014 Redlegs flag side against Port and for the state against WA in 2016 and 2019. he finished up at the end of 2020.

Norwood made this video on the eve of his 100th SANFL game.

That's how I remember him, blistering speed on the wing and I reckon 3 of those opening SANFL season games Rd 1 v Norwood at the Parade on a Thursday night, that I went and watched, his blistering speed cut up the Magpies. And I remember the long hair that flowed in the breeze when he went on those runs, before he put it in a bun.

The crows took him as a rookie pick at end of 2014 and according to Draftguru he played 16 games for the crows reserves and 2 for the Magpies in 2015. I can't remember what happened there. The crows cut him at end of 2015. Draftguru has his SANFL history from 2010 when he was 17.

He played in 2014 Redlegs flag side against Port and for the state against WA in 2016 and 2019. he finished up at the end of 2020.

Luke Wilson was the one that played 2 games for us in 2015.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
WOW. Loved wilbur at Norwood. A real speed demon.

Yeah I was a fan of his. Kind of wanted us to pick him up a few years ago amazing speed. Hopefully still has it. Didn't know he was a magpies or Crows player though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My Uncle is mates with Nick Hookers father, he said that he's playing in the NT atm and then he's playing in Tasmania next season

My Uncle is mates with Nick Hookers father, he said that he's playing in the NT atm and then he's playing in Tasmania next season

1639315124396.png

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Wilson was the fastest player I can remember seeing in the flesh. Not sure why he didn’t make a better fist of it at AFL level. He had a pretty good weapon there.

The squad that Shane Grim has put together is very good. 2022 could be the year of the Magpie. Players like Finlayson, Skinner, Dumont, Clurey, Mayes, Hayes, Bonner, Farrell (when fit) and Frederick will likely play most games and are AFL standard. You’d expect Sinn, Jones, Mead to play some AFL but mostly SANFL and a large group has proven they are good SANFL players like Schofield, Williams, Wiedemann, Lord, Sutcliffe, Corcoran, Ethan Moore and McEntee.

Depth is usually a concern for an AFL side playing in the SANFL but the top ups are as good as I’ve seen at Port. The only thing is no one has yet told me why Freddy was promoted from the rookie list meaning we lost our 43rd list spot.

Wilson was the fastest player I can remember seeing in the flesh. Not sure why he didn’t make a better fist of it at AFL level. He had a pretty good weapon there.

The squad that Shane Grim has put together is very good. 2022 could be the year of the Magpie. Players like Finlayson, Skinner, Dumont, Clurey, Mayes, Hayes, Bonner, Farrell (when fit) and Frederick will likely play most games and are AFL standard. You’d expect Sinn, Jones, Mead to play some AFL but mostly SANFL and a large group has proven they are good SANFL players like Schofield, Williams, Wiedemann, Lord, Sutcliffe, Corcoran, Ethan Moore and McEntee.

Depth is usually a concern for an AFL side playing in the SANFL but the top ups are as good as I’ve seen at Port. The only thing is no one has yet told me why Freddy was promoted from the rookie list meaning we lost our 43rd list spot.
Although we finished 7th, we were 2 wins off 3rd spot. At one point we had 23 players injured from memory, if we can be reasonably fit, we should be top 3 minimum.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Although we finished 7th, we were 2 wins off 3rd spot. At one point we had 23 players injured from memory, if we can be reasonably fit, we should be top 3 minimum.

We also beat the premiers by 10 goals with a majority "top up" listed team. Plus great wins over North and Centrals under similar circumstances. I have a very good feeling about this up coming season.

I think what's helped is not cutting and changing the coach every two years like we did with Hocking and Cornes, I think its steadied the ship abit Plus Lokes had that first season where we lost everyone but Summo and he basically had to build the top up list from scratch, and let's be honest, since 2019 we've had very little turn over in these blokes unlike other years

We also beat the premiers by 10 goals with a majority "top up" listed team. Plus great wins over North and Centrals under similar circumstances. I have a very good feeling about this up coming season.

I think what's helped is not cutting and changing the coach every two years like we did with Hocking and Cornes, I think its steadied the ship abit Plus Lokes had that first season where we lost everyone but Summo and he basically had to build the top up list from scratch, and let's be honest, since 2019 we've had very little turn over in these blokes unlike other years
The thing that could hurt us is covid outbreaks. Which could wipe out squads for 1-2 weeks if games don't get postponed.

In soccer some teams with a small number of players testing positive were forced to push through the games.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Anyone heard when the SANFL will release it's fixtures for this season?
Website almost entirely devoted to Women's comp and draft news - guess they're all on holidays over at HQ until the end of the month!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back