SANFL List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

The tweet literally says Welsh CAN play SANFL round 1. But Rome CAN’T play till after the U/18s Championships
They both can play SANFL if not playing in the national championships. As they will both be playing in the championships neither will play SANFL until afterwards.

SANFL

BAILEY CHAMBERLAIN (Port Adelaide) Midfielder, 21, 180cm, 76kg

Bailey Chamberlain (left) in action for West Adelaide against North Adelaide. Picture: Keryn Stevens

Bailey Chamberlain (left) in action for West Adelaide against North Adelaide. Picture: Keryn Stevens
From West Adelaide.

After 20 league games for the Bloods in the past three years, the classy midfielder has moved to Port as a SANFL top-up player.
Chamberlain is a balanced ball-winner with good acceleration and versatility, allowing him to be used in multiple positions.
When not required by Port, Chamblerain will play for Adelaide Footy League club Henley Sharks.

KYE ROBERTS (Port Adelaide)
Wing/halfback, 20, 187cm, 73kg

Port Adelaide recruit Kye Roberts. Picture: SANFL

Port Adelaide recruit Kye Roberts. Picture: SANFL
Classy runner moves to Port from West after playing seven league games for the Bloods.

Roberts had previously trained at Port under the SANFL’s Rookie Program.
As a SANFL top-up player, he will provide the Magpies with plenty of run and carry while he can play various roles for them.

They both can play SANFL if not playing in the national championships. As they will both be playing in the championships neither will play SANFL until afterwards.
Tyler Welsh is eligible to play round 1 in the SANFL for the Crows Reserves. Rome Burgoyne is not eligible to play SANFL for Port Reserves until after the U/18 Championships.

Tyler Welsh is eligible to play round 1 in the SANFL for the Crows Reserves. Rome Burgoyne is not eligible to play SANFL for Port Reserves until after the U/18 Championships.
Of course, would we expect anything to the contrary?

The son of four-time Adelaide leading goalkicker Scott Welsh will play with the Crows’ State League side in 2024, outside of his state and national academy commitments, as part of the SANFL’s Rookie Program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The son of four-time Adelaide leading goalkicker Scott Welsh will play with the Crows’ State League side in 2024, outside of his state and national academy commitments, as part of the SANFL’s Rookie Program.
The U/18 Championships in 2023 started at the beginning of June. And the National Academy commits are two single week camps.

There's plenty of space for Welsh to be available to play for the Crows SANFL team before the Championships start. But Rome Burgoyne won't be able to play for Port's SANFL team during that time.

Son of Mark. Grandson of (maybe) Alan?

There were three Dittmar brothers Wally, Alan and Michael Snr, maybe another one I've missed? Think it was Len, a former boxer.

Chris is related to one of them.

Didn't realise Kade was Georgie's nephew!

Maybe Port should have offered him a top up role at the Maggies.

Son of Mark. Grandson of (maybe) Alan?

There were three Dittmar brothers Wally, Alan and Michael Snr, maybe another one I've missed? Think it was Len, a former boxer.

Chris is related to one of them.

Didn't realise Kade was Georgie's nephew!

Maybe Port should have offered him a top up role at the Maggies.
Hey champion, grandson of Wally, and possibly Terry may have got a game in for ports, Alan is Chris’s dad and Kades other uncle is Stephen Carter..

Hey champion, grandson of Wally, and possibly Terry may have got a game in for ports, Alan is Chris’s dad and Kades other uncle is Stephen Carter..
Haha!
What a pedigree then 😃👍

So, was he of draftable quality back in his Draft year over in WA?
Can remember an article about him a couple of years ago playing in country WA, and sounded a promising hard nosed mid/forward from memory.

Remember Mark and Michael Jnr both playing around the same time at Port Adelaide for a short time.

Can also recall Michael Snr kicking 9(?) goals in an SANFL game - possibly against West Torrens?

I think Wally and Alan were both older than him, and played before I started watching Port games on tv as a kid.

Hope the lad does ok. And then maybe Port could entice him across from the Doggies 😎😉

My memories of Wally are from when I was 9 or 10 years old in the late 1950's and of him being an exceptionally accurate set shot for goal, and unless my memory is failing me his preferred kicking style for those set shots was usually an immaculate drop kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back