I'll start:

kim kinnear
david granger
bomber clifford
knight
wayne mahney
brian leys
phil mguiness

that's all i can think of at the minute.

I'm sure there's some sort of common thread there, but I just can't quite pick it ... ;)

yeah exactly, they are all**** heads...

and it's not a port adelaide thing cause they have had some champion/good bloke players that i admire and repsect like:

ebert
evans
rohan smith
delaney
hutton
williams-anthony and steven
curtis
ginever
wakelin

yeah **** heads...

and it's not a port adelaide thing cause they have had some champion/good bloke players that i admire and repsect like:

ebert
evans
rohan smith
delaney
hutton
williams-anthony and steven
curtis
ginever
wakelin

You've quoted footballers at Port Adelaide from early 80's (Kinnear) to mid/late 90's (McGuinness/Leys). I'm pretty sure any club over a 15 to 20 years would have a hefty list of ****heads.

You've quoted footballers at Port Adelaide from early 80's (Kinnear) to mid/late 90's (McGuinness/Leys). I'm pretty sure any club over a 15 to 20 years would have a hefty list of ****heads.

well not really..port seem to have the most...

although papa g has come up with a few

Mostly Port Players....

Gowans brothers - most hated by a mile
Ross Gibbs
Tim Ginever
Paul "how was I a footballer" Northeast
Steve Sims
John Fidge
Scott Hodges
Garry McIntosh
Choco
Green from Centrals - mid 90's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure there's some sort of common thread there, but I just can't quite pick it ... ;)

Where's that Thugs thread from a few years back.........

I'd nominate Stephen Hay. Put a broken jaw on Chris Radbone in the closing minutes of '83 Prelim in very similar fashion to the Matthew Bruns incident. One of the worse things I've seen at the footy with regard to a behind the play hit on player that never saw it coming.

Salisbury
Neil Sachse He was a dirty bastard, even though he got so badly injured
Allan and Wayne Stringer
Granger
Clifford although I sort of liked him too
N Balme
Steve Sims
N Button
Kidney
Chicken Hayes one for the oldies

I thought there would be more hate from the Port boys for John Wynne.

Never mind the free to a Bay player that may or may not have been there (didn't look high to me) - that footage is of Hodges getting his ankle so badly smashed in a footy game that he was nearly forced to retire. If you look closely you can see a lump in Scott's sock - that was his snapped bone poking through. And still he came back from that to play in the 1995 GF, and go on to win the Ken Farmer Medal and Port's Best and Fairest in 1996, and was re-drafted by the crows on the back of that form.

Ahh Scotty Hodges, the destroyer of dreams. How about this footage then?

[YOUTUBE]YM2Sur24ceQ[/YOUTUBE]

Now where are the last quarter highlights of Port's 1994 premiership? ;)

Never mind the free to a Bay player that may or may not have been there (didn't look high to me) - that footage is of Hodges getting his ankle so badly smashed in a footy game that he was nearly forced to retire. If you look closely you can see a lump in Scott's sock - that was his snapped bone poking through. And still he came back from that to play in the 1995 GF, and go on to win the Ken Farmer Medal and Port's Best and Fairest in 1996, and was re-drafted by the crows on the back of that form.

Ahh Scotty Hodges, the destroyer of dreams. How about this footage then?

[youtube]YM2Sur24ceQ[/youtube]

Now where are the last quarter highlights of Port's 1994 premiership? ;)

jesus don't try and justify that bullshit..get your one eyed warfie glasses off for a minute please. the bays player had his head over the ball and got hit high...what happened to protecting a blokes head. blatant free.

but no the piss weak umpire ignores it and then pulls the softest free kick from his arse in front of goal... load of s**t. annoying, soft bullshit which affects outcomes of games.

as for the footage u posted..yeah another free kick. but that was blatantly there. and a sesational kick. but let's not talk about the umpiring that day from quarter time on. worst display ive ever seen...and NOT for both teams. worst off it was prelim final.

and the 1994 premiership..well what can i say about that. That was port brillance and hodges at his best no doubt. i still enjoy watching replays of that second half.

1. Scott Salisbury
2. Peter Green
3. Andrew Taylor
4. Garry McIntosh

andrew taylor... lol good call macca

just reading through this thread..a few people ahve said Peter Green but i don't recall him

craig kelly..when at norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back