2nds SANFL Report: Logan continues to push

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please elaborate on this? What's go with Impey and memberships? I see it everywhere on here.
Seems we borrowed Professor Frink's AT-5000 Auto-dialer around the start of the season to 'contact' potential members. Jarman Impey's recorded message was used. Probably others too but Jars is our prince, and gets BigFooty Port board credit for every Port membership sold, and every upgrade.

At5000.gif

The 'pay cut' is fact, not a rumour. Perhaps you missed that... going from our best finals player to zero games this year is unusual to say the least. Pay attention!
Did you watch different finals to me last year?

Was in the top half dozen best players in my mind. Struggle to see who he would replace. Moore is in front of him.

I love it when I here someone is pushing for selection and the fact others are too

all teams need quality in their depth

Did you watch different finals to me last year?
COLLINGWOOD 9.9 (63) PORT ADELAIDE 12. 15 (87)
GOALS: COLLINGWOOD: Swan 3, Cloke 2, Beams, Keeffe, Macaffer, Williams. PORT: Schulz 3, Wingard 3, Boak 2, Wines 2, Monfries, Westhoff.
BEST: COLLINGWOOD: Swan, Williams, Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom. PORT: Logan, Westhoff, Boak, Wingard, Schulz, Monfries, Cornes.
From The Age

GOALS: COLLINGWOOD
: Swan 3, Cloke 2, Beams, Keeffe, Macaffer, Williams. PORT: Schulz 3, Wingard 3, Boak 2, Wines 2, Monfries, Westhoff.
BEST: COLLINGWOOD: Swan, Williams, Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom. PORT: Logan, Westhoff, Boak, Wingard, Schulz, Monfries, Cornes.
From The Age
dog_with_bone_4.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOALS: COLLINGWOOD
: Swan 3, Cloke 2, Beams, Keeffe, Macaffer, Williams. PORT: Schulz 3, Wingard 3, Boak 2, Wines 2, Monfries, Westhoff.
From The Age
So? Wines isn't in the best players yet he was immense that day. The paper doesn't always get it right. There are several ahead of Logan in line for a call up. If we need to call up a defender right now it has to be Heath. Logan is a great SANFL player, and an average AFL player. Best years are behind him and while he gives it everything he's got, like Matt Thomas, his everything just isn't good enough.

El Nino is going to stuff up Tommy's 2014. Not enough rain to slow the game down and a bigger bodied down back isn't needed yet. But once the rain and cold comes Tommy will be playing for the Power.

I still can't believe the negativity surrounding Logan. Quite clearly there are other more natural footballers in the club that are maturing and stepped ahead of Logan but if we need to call him up for some games then we can have decent faith in Logan filling a role. If not, well that is the nature of AFL. I'll be elated if he finds himself back in the side with rewards such as our 2nd AFL flag at the end but I'll be just as elated if Logan helps us win our 37th sanfl flag too.

i just watched the highlights from a few maggies games. gotta say that little jakey neade is a bit of a forgotten player that has a heap of talent. i always thought he came in too young as he was too light, but as he gets bigger he is going to get scary good.

i just watched the highlights from a few maggies games. gotta say that little jakey neade is a bit of a forgotten player that has a heap of talent. i always thought he came in too young as he was too light, but as he gets bigger he is going to get scary good.
I dont think anyone has forgotten him!! Some others pushed ahead of him, but he will get back in the side at some point. Mercurial skills, just needs a bit more muscle & a bigger tank.

I still can't believe the negativity surrounding Logan. Quite clearly there are other more natural footballers in the club that are maturing and stepped ahead of Logan but if we need to call him up for some games then we can have decent faith in Logan filling a role. If not, well that is the nature of AFL. I'll be elated if he finds himself back in the side with rewards such as our 2nd AFL flag at the end but I'll be just as elated if Logan helps us win our 37th sanfl flag too.

I don't think it's negativity, or personal. It's merely a rational view of the depth chart combined with, for want of a kinder term, spud fatigue.

I can't speak for everyone, but I for one was sick and tired of the active embrace of submediocrity during our down years by fans and the selection panel alike, with certain individuals purported to be the heart and soul of the team when their performance - and their contribution to that team - was a massive part of the reason we were in the basement. Not mediocre and getting better, in the basement. Rock bottom.

I'm not going to name names, but two of the chief culprits are now retired and another is languishing in the reserves elsewhere. Logan was the best of this crop. A kamikaze in the contest and with handy closing speed, but often lost as a backpocket and batting as a tail-ender in the midfield. That's not to say he wasn't capable of good one and two-off performances - he's survived on an AFL list for the better part of 10 years for a reason - but on balance was always going to be one of the first on the chopping block as we rose from the ashes.

And so it goes we're 7-1 and now a contender. Natural selection means this type of player - limited but giving their all - is obsolescent. And I'm gobsmacked as to why anyone would mourn the prior state of affairs.

... gotta say that little jakey neade is a bit of a forgotten player .....
Not forgotten has been emergency at least one and I think a couple of times. He was dropped for good reason last year but has played super-well in his last few games.

Have started watching the Ch7 replay, hats off to the production values. Good camera work, very good commentary. :thumbsu:

If John Casey doesn't say, gets the job done, then you should be a little disappointed.

I don't think it's negativity, or personal. It's merely a rational view of the depth chart combined with, for want of a kinder term, spud fatigue.
QUOTE]
No it is being negative. We know Logan is not a first 22 player and is a depth player but after 8 rounds people are calling for him to be delisted just because somebody mentioned he is playing well enough for a possible call up to the AFL side. There's lots of football left in the season.

Mediocrity was also shared with the coaching staff too, not to mention the gold passes that made the whole club rest in idleness.

Last edited:
No it is being negative. We know Logan is not a first 22 player and is a depth player but after 8 rounds people are calling for him to be delisted just because somebody mentioned he is playing well enough for a possible call up to the AFL side. There's lots of football left in the season.

Who's calling for him to be delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back