30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Looking forward to seeing Siggins

Looking forward it watching Charlie Cameron get to Graham feet and crumb a few spoils and then kick a few bags.

Interested in watching battersby, Spina and Atkins this year.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking forward it watching Charlie Cameron get to Graham feet and crumb a few spoils and then kick a few bags.

Interested in watching battersby, Spina and Atkins this year.
It's going to be interesting watching that's for sure.

I reckon Siggins in particular if he comes on can be a very important player for us. An attacking CHB in the Bock mould would cap off our defense

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
FB Shaw Hartigan Battersby
HB CEY Siggins L.Thompson
C Mackay Lyons Martin
HF Atkins Mckernen Cameron
FF Petrenko Johnston Osborn
1R Graham Porps M.Crouch
Int. Callinan Kelly Knight Jaensch Spina

Inj: Walker VB

Id eventually prefer to see Battersby further up the ground but at this stage there's probably no one else who could play on the opposition small forwards as effectively.

FB Shaw Hartigan Battersby
HB CEY Siggins L.Thompson
C Mackay Lyons Martin
HF Atkins Mckernen Cameron
FF Petrenko Johnston Osborn
1R Graham Porps M.Crouch
Int. Callinan Kelly Knight Jaensch Spina

Inj: Walker VB

Id eventually prefer to see Battersby further up the ground but at this stage there's probably no one else who could play on the opposition small forwards as effectively.

Drop Jaensch out of that lineup and it will look even better :p

Looking forward to seeing Siggins

Im bloody looking forward to watching and enjoying our B grade side play all in the same team.

I could easily see myself watching our B side play ahead of an AFL match - depending on which one of course.

I was tired for years checking through each side in the SANFL and reserves sometimes to see how the Crows players played.

Will TEX play a game?????

You would think given the nature he may play a quarter or half surely?

Thoughts anyone?

Bueller?

I reckon the Crows reserves game crowds will be interesting? 15k per game? 20k for showdowns? or 8-10k?

Definitely will be bigger than any other game and may be the biggest for the year, but I dont think you will see more than 10K for a reserves game.

Looking forward to these matches. I hope we get to see these on 7 mate in NSW. Very doubtful I would think but perhaps the Crows can work something out for us interstaters.

I feel for you, I hope you have Foxtel, can get lonely being in a non-AFL state.

I hope all the talk generated over us getting Battersby pays out in spades.

It would be good if he could force his way into our starting 18 for at least a few games.

Given the nature of our B grade players, we can play them exactly the way Sando wants it to be played.

This can only be a good thing for us.

I feel sorry for the SANFL Clubs I can see a lot of supporters leaving their old local SANFL side and severing all ties.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Couple of questions:
1. Is there any way for us who are interstate to see video footage of the reserves games?
2. Who do I barrack for when the Crows play Norwood?

1) Send an E - mail to channel 7 asking if they have any intentions of putting the SANFL on 7 mate or 7Two as a national broadcasting show.

2) still trying to work that out myself.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Couple of questions:
1. Is there any way for us who are interstate to see video footage of the reserves games?
2. Who do I barrack for when the Crows play Norwood?
Answer to no 2 is Norwood. I imagine they were the first team you supported? Plus they'd actually want to win the comp. Cmon you Legs!

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Answer to no 2 is Norwood. I imagine they were the first team you supported? Plus they'd actually want to win the comp. Cmon you Legs!

You don't think the crows coaches or players are going to want to win?

If you don't, get real. Of course they will. Everyone involved will have a competitive spirit and I don't buy this - they will be trialling players in different positions. Ar the end if the day, their main priority will be to win as everyone hates to lose.

Ar the end if the day, their main priority will be to win as everyone hates to lose.

I actually disagree, in the sense that a player will not play out of position to win the game for our reserves side.

As I am not too familiar with the lesser likes in our squad allow me to use say Tex as an example, he will play up forward regardless of what is happening down back. Similarly a guy like Rutten will be placed in the defence.

Well thats my opinion, Im not saying I am right, but that is how I think the reserves will play out.

Not likely although ch 7 haven't announced which games they will be broadcasting.

I'd suggest somewhere in the vicinity of 4-6 games for the year. But I'm guessing.

Ratings will dictate their broadcast IMO.

Meaning first Crows, then Power, then any other SANFL side on show.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I actually disagree, in the sense that a player will not play out of position to win the game for our reserves side.

As I am not too familiar with the lesser likes in our squad allow me to use say Tex as an example, he will play up forward regardless of what is happening down back. Similarly a guy like Rutten will be placed in the defence.

Well thats my opinion, Im not saying I am right, but that is how I think the reserves will play out.

That's what I'm saying. They will want to win and play the players in that position to win the game.

Basically what I'm saying is - 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter abd the scores are level. I don't think they will experiment. I can not see Tex and Rutten swapping around. I don't think they will chuck Graham to CHB and move Siggions into the ruck.

They will play to win with development as a second option.

That's what I'm saying. They will want to win and play the players in that position to win the game.

Basically what I'm saying is - 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter abd the scores are level. I don't think they will experiment. I can not see Tex and Rutten swapping around. I don't think they will chuck Graham to CHB and move Siggions into the ruck.

They will play to win with development as a second option.

We are almost on the same page.:p

Tex goes down (heaven forbid) or is taken off, do you think Rutten (where his player has come off for example) will be moved to FF to win the game???

Another scenario Crows reserves are down by a couple of goals with 10 minutes to go, Tex has had a good game in the first half since his injury and is rested for our game against the Hawks.

Are you suggesting that Tex comes off the bench to win the reserves game??

We both dont have any idea to be honest until the season plays out, but I wouldnt want us to experiment "UNLESS" Sando wants to and rejig the structure.

Back