Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Well that could have been the last time we’ll see Meesen for the Redlegs. He was the only Crow out there tonight; Gibbo played in the reserves and for some reason Pfeiffer, despite being named, didn’t play.

Overall Meesen had a pretty good night, he had 7 possessions to half time but probably wasn’t quite as effective in the ruck; DeLuca had the better of him on a few occasions. We got up by 20 odd points in the second term, then when he went off and Nicholas came on the lead got back to a goal. Meesen then came back on however we still couldn’t buy a centre clearance. He did take a brilliant contested mark on the wing which lead to a goal, which was a highlight.

He copped a knock during a ruck contest during the first half and I think it affected him a little. He started the third quarter on the bench and when he eventually came on he had little game time. He was much better in the last term; he worked tirelessly around the ground and was good in the ruck. For the night he probably finished with about 15 possessions, 5 or so marks in perhaps his last display for the Redlegs. :(

Total Power said:
Drummond, whats your opinion on DeLuca?
Good prospect mate, he started a little slow but improved as the game wore on. He was dominating in the ruck for a while, his ruckwork in the second quarter was one of the main reasons Sturt got back into the game. He gets up high and gives his onballers a good shot. He was pretty handy around the ground too, very mobile and moved well. He went forward in the last quarter and kicked a good goal. I think he’s quite a talent.

Drummond said:
Good prospect mate, he started a little slow but improved as the game wore on. He was dominating in the ruck for a while, his ruckwork in the second quarter was one of the main reasons Sturt got back into the game. He gets up high and gives his onballers a good shot. He was pretty handy around the ground too, very mobile and moved well. He went forward in the last quarter and kicked a good goal. I think he’s quite a talent.
Cheers Drummond, as usual....great work.God knows how much we need a ruckman in the coming years :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back