News SANFL Trial Games 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/loca...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

"THE Central Australian Football Club will fly south in early 2016 to take on SANFL side Port Adelaide.

The NT News can reveal the Redtails will head to South Australia to take on arguably the toughest opposition of the club’s short history on February 21, 2016 at the club’s home ground — Alberton Oval."

Game 1:
Port Adelaide Magpies vs Central Australian Redtails
Alberton Oval
Sunday February 21st
Time: TBA

I'm assuming 2-3 more trial games will be announced soon.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-12-20/magpies-trial-games-emerge-for-2016

"New senior coach Chad Cornes will coach the Magpies for the first time against the Redtails at Alberton on February 21.

The Magpies will then host the Crows at Alberton the following Saturday - in an early game before the Power plays Melbourne at Elizabeth in the NAB Challenge.

A night clash with the Bloods at Richmond on Friday 4 March will then conclude Cornes's preparation for 2016 against rival clubs, with an internal trial to wrap the Magpies' pre-season on Thursday 10 March."

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/sanfl/2016-trial-games

Trial 1:
Family Day
Alberton Oval
Friday Feburary 12th

Trial 2:
Port Adelaide Magpies vs Central Australian Redtails
Alberton Oval
Sunday February 21st

Trial 3:

Port Adelaide Magpies vs Crows Reserves
Alberton Oval
Saturday February 27th
Time: 10:00am

Trial 4:
West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide Magpies
Richmond Oval
Friday March 4th
Time: 7:10pm, Academy 4:30pm

Trial 5:
Internal Trial
Alberton Oval
Thursday March 10th

Last edited:
Port v Demons 1:35 27/2/16
Magpies v Crows 1:40 27/2/16
This just has to be deliberate. Whichever game was scheduled 1st and I suspect it was the AFL game (?)
then the obvious inference is that this 'co-incidence' is of the SANFL's making.
As a member of both I resent being forced to choose and thereby being denied the chance to see both games.
Maybe I missed the PAFC protesting publicly and thereby forcing an explanation.
Naturally the club has to tread carefully saying last yr that playing a NAB game v WCE at Norwood was welcome
and probably said the same re this week's Elizabeth venue. Look, call me paranoid but I feel there is a nasty spiteful
agenda going down.
Crows playing on Sunday 28/2/16............how nice. Their customers can see both games.
No doubt the SANFL would say "hey they don't want to be torn apart so we scheduled the game to be on at the same time
as Power's NAB game". By that logic the SANFL doesn't think the West Lakes crowd fly as one.

Port v Demons 1:35 27/2/16
Magpies v Crows 1:40 27/2/16
This just has to be deliberate. Whichever game was scheduled 1st and I suspect it was the AFL game (?)
then the obvious inference is that this 'co-incidence' is of the SANFL's making.
As a member of both I resent being forced to choose and thereby being denied the chance to see both games.
Maybe I missed the PAFC protesting publicly and thereby forcing an explanation.
Naturally the club has to tread carefully saying last yr that playing a NAB game v WCE at Norwood was welcome
and probably said the same re this week's Elizabeth venue. Look, call me paranoid but I feel there is a nasty spiteful
agenda going down.
Crows playing on Sunday 28/2/16............how nice. Their customers can see both games.
No doubt the SANFL would say "hey they don't want to be torn apart so we scheduled the game to be on at the same time
as Power's NAB game". By that logic the SANFL doesn't think the West Lakes crowd fly as one.
Has been changed to 10am.

Putting tin foil hat back on
Your post was worth putting up. I know the issue is watered down now but it wasn't that hard for the SNAFL to schedule in the first place and IMO you were pretty spot on.

Has been changed to 10am.
Still pretty crappy to have it on the same day. To watch both you need to be at Alberton from 10.00-12.00, then get the 12.21 from Alberton to Adelaide. That allows you to get to Adelaide at 12.36 or so. You then take the 12.48 to Gawler which gets to Elizabeth at 1.23. Ought to just make it, but you can bet the SANFL didn't check the adelaidemetro website before they did their scheduling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No radio or tv broadcast of the us v the clowns at Alberton this saturday ='s weird ?
I'm gunna try and get to both games. Maybe I'm the weird one. :eek:
Thought there would have been a lot of interest in this game. Bean counters say no. Oh well what would I know.
Hope the club has a camera there.

Went to the club early last night to watch the trial match and then the Richmond game. Trial game cancelled errr......wtf!
Spoke to Wizza(?) a ball guy who has been around the club forever and he tells me it was cancelled after West Lakes
lodged a protest to the AFL (?). Maybe he meant the SNAFL, either way it invites a please explain from us.
Something about an unfair advantage given our neighbours didn't have the equivalent. Wizza even pointed out a crow rep
sitting on his Pat Malone in The Quinn surrounded by his 'friends' empty seat and vacant spot. There to monitor us no doubt,
for our own well being of course.
If this is true and I've no reason to doubt it, it seems the depths to which they will stoop to try and stymie us are
limitless. Made me pretty cross 'til I thought "hey you know what we really do have them spooked". It's that or they
are nasty little people who maybe were picked on in Primary School or have small appendages.
Lets hope such appendages were circumcised otherwise there would be no end of the pricks.

Went to the club early last night to watch the trial match and then the Richmond game. Trial game cancelled errr......wtf!
Spoke to Wizza(?) a ball guy who has been around the club forever and he tells me it was cancelled after West Lakes
lodged a protest to the AFL (?). Maybe he meant the SNAFL, either way it invites a please explain from us.
Something about an unfair advantage given our neighbours didn't have the equivalent. Wizza even pointed out a crow rep
sitting on his Pat Malone in The Quinn surrounded by his 'friends' empty seat and vacant spot. There to monitor us no doubt,
for our own well being of course.
If this is true and I've no reason to doubt it, it seems the depths to which they will stoop to try and stymie us are
limitless. Made me pretty cross 'til I thought "hey you know what we really do have them spooked". It's that or they
are nasty little people who maybe were picked on in Primary School or have small appendages.
Lets hope such appendages were circumcised otherwise there would be no end of the pricks.
Which team were the Magpies meant to play last night?

Which team were the Magpies meant to play last night?
Themselves. The issue (I think) was that Butch Bonner Snelling (if he was there) really anybody that is on
the AFL list that was fit and not in Melb was going to be advantaged by a trial game. Incidentally Richmond's back up team/squad
did have a trial game last night. If the grizzle from our neighbours was about our SNAFL players then that too was seen
as an unfair advantage. The croquettes presumably hadn't organised anything so it was the old stop Port mantra.
The cancellation was not given 'til yesterday am so whether it came from AFL (doubt it as Richmond had one) or
our benevolent :rolleyes: SNAFL chums the late notice has its own connotations.
This sort of shite has notso's fingerprints all over it.

I don't even know what rcg's are. Oh well looking forward to catching you in the Quinn.
Got high hopes for the Maggies this year. Then again I always do.

Themselves. The issue (I think) was that Butch Bonner Snelling (if he was there) really anybody that is on
the AFL list that was fit and not in Melb was going to be advantaged by a trial game. Incidentally Richmond's back up team/squad
did have a trial game last night. If the grizzle from our neighbours was about our SNAFL players then that too was seen
as an unfair advantage. The croquettes presumably hadn't organised anything so it was the old stop Port mantra.
The cancellation was not given 'til yesterday am so whether it came from AFL (doubt it as Richmond had one) or
Bit bizarre disallowing an INTERNAL match. Get rid of the umpires and it's 'game simulation' training...

But their reserves side are playing against South over the weekend

I don't even know what rcg's are. Oh well looking forward to catching you in the Quinn.
Got high hopes for the Maggies this year. Then again I always do.
I reckon we will do better than last year but not as good as 2014.

I've got us going deep in September and here's why.
Davidson and Corcoran are very promising.
Another year into Austin (who I think is a star in the making).
Reynolds to really impose himself (gee he's a smooth mover)
Snelling a manchild with in n under and finishing skills to compliment our skipper
Bonner to find his feet and realise he's good enough
Aidyn Johnson to hone his kicking.
Frampton to get his body right, bulk up a bit and team with Ross who showed v Westies he can do more than just ruck.
Our fitness,which I know we had last year but adding Mladen to staff will make us stronger in the one on ones.
Bassett to tighten our defence and Chad to bring discipline belief and passion.
Could we go all the way?
I don't rule it out. Then again I'm a fan which is short for fanatic and so my judgement is probably too passionate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back