Rumour Sanfl wants to dump a team

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the point tribey was trying to make. Those clubs attract their best home crowds for the year when Port is the visiting team.

Then port would have the biggest crowds in the league if they consistently drew biggest crowds (face to palm)

You just kept regurgitating the same old rhetoric I'm sure 20 years ago you were right. Starts to figure out why power is in such a decline.

Enjoy gentleman go maggies!!

Then port would have the biggest crowds in the league if they consistently drew biggest crowds (face to palm)
Only if you assume that other SANFL fans turn out at away games in the same numbers as Port fans do.

Norwood have the best crowds. They also get Friday night games every second week to boost attendance. I believe Port are top 3 for attendances.

Not really last time port were top in attendances in sanfl was 2007 .

Port magpies had 5th biggest crowds in sanfl last year.

Norwood bays sturt and dogs attracted more than us.

Port were 3rd in home match attendance and also 3rd in H&A attendance in 2011 according to the sanfl annual report

Port were 3rd in home match attendance and also 3rd in H&A attendance in 2011 according to the sanfl annual report
For a team that had hardly played finals for yonks. So maybe then, compare our crowds to South and West to get a correlation.:rolleyes:

* the SANFL and * the PAMFC. The only reason I would've cared about this is if I was worried about the development of our players, but now that we've screwed over Banner harder than any other SANFL club has ever screwed over one of our players, I'm not worried about that anymore either. The PAMFC and/or every other club in that irrelevant, parasitic shithole of a competition could be sucked up its own a-hole along with their delusions of importance tomorrow and the only reason I'd notice is because I'd wonder where the Power's SANFL reports have gone.

gopower is me if I was more eloquent and had more time to post.

What the PAFC (that's us!) have done to Banner is absolutely ridiculous. We'd be ready to burn down Prospect Oval if North Adelaide was treating one of our players the way we've treated Banner.

The only thing that makes any sense is some sort of internal suspension we've kept quiet. I really feel for the guy because he's shown he can perform at AFL level only to be languishing in the SANFL 2s at a club that wont make finals.

Meanwhile Tom Logan is playing AFL football week in week out.

[rowe]go and get stuffed[/rowe] etc

What years did the other clubs get lights??

The 2 AFL clubs are not going to get more than one or two Friday night games at AO. So if we are still in the SANFL in 2014 then we should schedule the Magpies first 3 or 4 home games at AO on a Friday night in March, April and early early May when the weather is still good and the novelty of a shiny new stadium is there. We will get 10,000 - 15,000 at those games and the club could push if you are a Power member you get the same seat for the Magpies game.

We just have to negotiate a decent stadium deal for the Magpies with the SMA. Hopefully we do a deal with the SMA CEO and piss off the SANFL.

Just give the crows a reserves side and it gets back to 10 teams and that kills the bye.

Or you have to get rid of the eagles, geographically to close to Alberton. Only way to get rid of a club is to force them to go broke

Are you stephen rowe? Troll, the crows have been resisting the move to Adelaide Oval from day one and even today the majority of your supporters don't want to move but have no choice in the matter. It was Port that bid for AFL and crows were formed. It was Port that initiated the move to AO and the crows reluctantly followed. It is Port that has led the charge for the licenses to be taken away from snafl and negotiate for better stadium deal in 2014 and the crows follow. So don't give us that crap about crows pushing for own licences you clown

Maybe Stephen Rowe's brother...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think I am pro SANFL?

Far from it. I think you will find that most.of the Crows board and admin feel.the same way. Back when you supported the Crows we were the "SANFL Club". But the club has evolved from that and niw seeks independence.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/crows-cha...main-independent/story-e6frecoc-1226073754155

Independence.from the SANFL is only half of it though. They will still be part if the SMA and we have.to play home games at Adelaide Oval. Where is the leverage to get a better stadium deal? No different to them having leverage in deals at Footy.Park.

And yeah I am a little pissed at the.prospect.of.the Magpies dying. When I voted yes (us Magoies members had real voting rights)for the.Magpies to become part if this, it was always in the back of my mind his would happen. I wonder how Tim Ginever and Fiacci feel now. They backed ONEClub because.the.Magpies were months from bankruptcy. And wanted to save the club they.played for.

Surely.some of you would be.pissed to see the Magpies die? Just when things are looking better infield and the junior development programs are amongst the best in the SANFL Hopefully it is just premature speculation.
You are a joke. You jumped ship back in 1991 when the Crows came on board. If you claim to be a Port Adelaide supporter back in 1990, you would have supported your club in their endeavours to join the AFL and not support another club in the AFL. But you took the easy way out and followed all of the sheep at West Lakes. Fact is, we don't want supporters like you at Port Magpies games because you abandoned your club in their time of need.

Having said all that, Port should have stopped playing in the SANFL at the end of 1996. The SANFL have only got themselves to blame for this whole debacle.

Port = Most members
Port = Highest draw for other teams

I can see the SANFL's point.

When you want to draw a big crowd to one of your home games you want to be playing POrt, Bays or Centrals not South or WWT

Not to mention games televised with the Magpies in them on ABC get the most viewers

Looks like I'll be in the minority who will be genuinely upset to see tha Maggies go. We are currently in the unique situation of being the only club in the land with teams from junior level right through to the AFL, all run out of the same building.

I look forward to my Saturday afternoons (on Power away weeks) heading down to Alberton to watch local footy and have a kick on the oval at the breaks with my 2 year old. Guess I'll have to find an amateur club to watch if the Maggies go...

Looks like I'll be in the minority who will be genuinely upset to see tha Maggies go. We are currently in the unique situation of being the only club in the land with teams from junior level right through to the AFL, all run out of the same building.

I look forward to my Saturday afternoons (on Power away weeks) heading down to Alberton to watch local footy and have a kick on the oval at the breaks with my 2 year old. Guess I'll have to find an amateur club to watch if the Maggies go...

It would be great if there was a natural progression from the lower levels into the top team without having to compete :)

Magpies have the most members, the Magpies draw the biggest crowds playing home and away, most of the clubs love playing the Magpies. If the Magpies had lights at their ground the attendances at Alberton Oval they would out-do all the other clubs that have lights now. The Magpie members and supporters have always attended their games whether on top or at the bottom. Can't say the same for the Panthers, Sturt, Centrals (and they won a few premierships in the last 10 years), Woodville-West Torrens, West Adelaide and North Adelaide. If the SANFL decided to end the Magpies, they'd be making a HUGE mistake.

It would be great if there was a natural progression from the lower levels into the top team without having to compete :)
Yeah I always held a faint hope that some kind of zoning would one day work its way back into the AFL and a good Port Adelaide boy from the Eyre Peninsula would work his way through the levels and go onto to be a Brownlow Medallist in Power colours. Now I just hold out hope that we might win another game sometime...

I guess you guys can still cheer on your "Port Adelaide" AFL branded entity, Port in name, but not in anything else.......
35iiy9.jpg

* off troll.

I'm with you.... :thumbsu:

This is the SANFL attempting a pre-emptive strike given the news (on other thread) that the two SA and WA AFL teams want to establish reserves, perhaps in a new national competition. Every time I read something from the SNAFL its seems like a contrived story to save face.

Me too. To think that I wont be able to take my son in a few years to Alberton to watch the black and white prison bars play footy where I had so many great times growing up with my old man and friends makes me genuinely upset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back