Santo, Sam & Ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone watch this?

I thought it was a bit hopeless, especially with the faults with all electronics. Pretty poor form by SBS.

They were a bit disorganised as well, hopefully they can get their act together as the Cup goes on. There is a need of a satirical football show whilst the WC is on and hopefully they pull their socks up and get it together.

What everyone else think (if they saw it, obviously)?

I liked it - it was very ad lib and you expect the early shows to have the odd teething problem. They won't have the budget of other channels - but the material was quite good.

My only concern is how many jokes they can make - 32 days worth of material will be a stretch even for a 30 minute show.

I liked it - it was very ad lib and you expect the early shows to have the odd teething problem. They won't have the budget of other channels - but the material was quite good.

My only concern is how many jokes they can make - 32 days worth of material will be a stretch even for a 30 minute show.

It was Graham Kennedy style ad-lib .. rehearsed ad-libs, but that's okay so long as it's funny. I got a chuckle out of it, and I think it will do okay, especially once the matches have started and they can spend their time talking about what happened rather than inventing stuff.

Good effort I thought.

I didn't mind it, got a bit of a laugh and will watch again.

I like a lot of Ed's work, back from the 'Get This' days.

Meh, it's okay, some of the things they do/say are funny. The Bresciano diary scene was hilarious.

I used to love the Baddiel and Skinner World Cup shows.

Most of the Phoenix From The Flames segments are up on Youtube. Well worth a search.

My favorite are the Johan Neeskens 'Hard Drugs on the Ground?', and the Irish one (cant remember the player).

You can see where the Toyota boys got some of their inspiration from (and I'm not starting an argument over which ones are better - both are good).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didn't see it, but if it's anything like the baddiel/skinner late 90's show, i'll tune in next time. When SBS filled the gaps between games with that and The Fast Show, it was a genius programming move.

Ripping little half hour show. Very basic, very under prepared, very under a lot of things, but short, sharp, unpretentious.

Winner.

And yeah, bring on more Get This references.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back