Sarah D’Arcy — how many weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
first 2018 report after a nasty incident last night. Be interesting to compare to such an act in the male game.

Player on the ground lashes out and kicks opponent in the groin. Free reversed and immediate report.

Player on receiving end said it hurt and “I’m glad I’m not a boy” given the force and impact location.

4 weeks?

Video in article. http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...g/news-story/4ae0260b6537fcca9eedba1dda9b7bae

Think it'll be one or maybe two at most, no head-high contact involved and the AFL are likely to err on the conservative side in such a short season regardless of what they say publicly.

Other chick went leading in with her knees then pulled up at the last minute but the girl on the ground reacted in anticipation, I wouldn't really call it a kick. Should be able to protect yourself and push her away if she lines you up like that when you are on the ground exposed.

Last edited:
Other chick went leading in with her knees then pulled up at the last minute but the girl on the ground reacted in anticipation, I wouldn't really call it a kick. Should be able to protect yourself and push her away if she lines you up like that when you are on the ground exposed.
For mine it looks like Hosking still made some contact with her knee in the video, which lead to the reactionary kick. Either way it's not a good look.

Last edited:
one week wish it was two though, hate when their would be an opposition player kicking and scratching you all the time

Carlton player was pushed into her by a Collingwood player.

I think the kick was disgusting and should be punished very harshly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it goes to the tribunal, the challenge is the length of season. 3 weeks or more in AFLW is the equivalent of an 8 weeker, so we are comparing it to Bugg on Mills then.

I think she gets two with a very stern you-would-get-4 elsewhere.

it'll be two I reckon. It's an absolutely shocking look for the game and you would think that if it was in the AFL it would be at least a month on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back