FTA-TV SAS Australia - "Celebs" MkIII

I thought on paper it was a pretty strong field of 'celebrities'. I'd heard of almost all of them which is rarely the case with 'celeb' reality shows...

When they're boring people,
Tim should be thanking his lucky stars he's intelligent and good looking.

Is all im sayin..

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree with the sentiment but ultimately shows like this live and die by you being invested in the people/characters on screen.

I know people hated Locky last season but him and Pauly was genuinely entertaining and kept us all interested.

This season had very little in terms of interesting storylines or people. Hell looking at it last night i could barely even remember half of them.

I think it felt like a slog and if next season started similarly im not sure id stick with it.
Fair enough actually. I think the tasks/overall show is still better than other reality shows. I liked seeing these people pushed and how far they could go. The Neighbours chick was great for that

I guess this season the people who would have brought that kind of entertainment bailed early? Aker being piss weak for example and Mundine is a shadow of his former self...

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fair enough actually. I think the tasks/overall show is still better than other reality shows. I liked seeing these people pushed and how far they could go. The Neighbours chick was great for that

I guess this season the people who would have brought that kind of entertainment bailed early? Aker being piss weak for example and Mundine is a shadow of his former self...
Yeh they definitely got a rough deal with the departures, even Bol seemed to be a really strong candidate to finish but bailed.

No idea who his wife is, but he's punching above his weight regardless of looks. Very boring fella lol
She was on last season Anna. They actually seem perfect for each other, gorgeous, lovely people but both real, real dull.

Its funny if you know his season and who he picked in the bach. Hes runner up is a complete ******* basket case (who i think actually did SAS too). She lives in FNQ and sells crystals and does breathing courses and s**t.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeh they definitely got a rough deal with the departures, even Bol seemed to be a really strong candidate to finish but bailed.

She was on last season Anna. They actually seem perfect for each other, gorgeous, lovely people but both real, real dull.

Its funny if you know his season and who he picked in the bach. Hes runner up is a complete ******* basket case (who i think actually did SAS too). She lives in FNQ and sells crystals and does breathing courses and s**t.
Yeah vaguely remember her from last season and obviously they showed pictures of her in this one. She's a stunner, no idea if she was as boring as him. Evidently is. No worries, good for them. Don't put them on TV

Bol was good but don't go on this show if you won't push through for fear of training. Maybe he thought he would but didn't like excused for VW tbh.

I know someone that does this here. Used to play soccer with him, used to be into drugs and now this kind of s**t gets him high. Must be some kind of come down

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah vaguely remember her from last season and obviously they showed pictures of her in this one. She's a stunner, no idea if she was as boring as him. Evidently is. No worries, good for them. Don't put them on TV

Bol was good but don't go on this show if you won't push through for fear of training. Maybe he thought he would but didn't like excused for VW tbh.

I know someone that does this here. Used to play soccer with him, used to be into drugs and now this kind of s**t gets him high. Must be some kind of come down
Yeh, i mean Bols seemed purely a PR exercise to get his drug scandal cleared up and i think it worked in that regard.

Ironically if you knew anything about Tim/Annas runner up (Ali Oetjen) this seems absolutely bang on the money. Shes hot but seems like a complete nutcase.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeh, i mean Bols seemed purely a PR exercise to get his drug scandal cleared up and i think it worked in that regard.

Ironically if you knew anything about Tim/Annas runner up (Ali Oetjen) this seems absolutely bang on the money. Shes hot but seems like a complete nutcase.
The show is 80% PR exercises tbf. How else would Hall, Carey, Cocaine Cassie etc get on.

Usually dislike that stuff but if they're willing to push through what is a pretty insane show I'll look passed it.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Off topic but do the women get easier/lighter standards during this show? Like the 40kg water bottles last night, surely it's lighter for the women?

SAPOL testing is easier for women, I'm not saying it in any sexist manner. Genuine curiosity, because if they're doing the exact same weights and stuff as the men then Jesus Christ, some of the girls who've gone far in the show are superheroes.

Off topic but do the women get easier/lighter standards during this show? Like the 40kg water bottles last night, surely it's lighter for the women?

SAPOL testing is easier for women, I'm not saying it in any sexist manner. Genuine curiosity, because if they're doing the exact same weights and stuff as the men then Jesus Christ, some of the girls who've gone far in the show are superheroes.
I was really annoyed at the rope challenge across the canyon or whatever.

The girls looked like they were on the *ing rack ffs, stretched out like * and the guys are just walking across it no worries cause they're taller!

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was really annoyed at the rope challenge across the canyon or whatever.

The girls looked like they were on the *ing rack ffs, stretched out like * and the guys are just walking across it no worries cause they're taller!
Yeah it's hard to tell if it's the same or not. A lot must be but the weighted stuff surely isn't

Carrying 40% of your body weight is a lot easier than 75%. I have NFI how they've got so far doing the exact same as the guys if they have. Magnificent effort (is anyway but you get what i mean)

Yeah it's hard to tell if it's the same or not. A lot must be but the weighted stuff surely isn't

Carrying 40% of your body weight is a lot easier than 75%. I have NFI how they've got so far doing the exact same as the guys if they have. Magnificent effort (is anyway but you get what i mean)
I would barely be able to lift 25kg, let alone 40% of my body weight.. which would be.. ah only 28kg.

Back