blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
I did a little bit of reading on her and even her mother hates her. It seems like she has really serious mental health issues and is a compulsive liar. Largely going through untreated and undiagnosed.
Not sure how she even got on the show.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The staff didn't seem all that impressed when she told them about that lie during her interrogation but surely they knew about it before she signed up for the show.

Not surprising she didn't last long, the same with Roxy Jacenko who was completely out of her depth, I thought Schapelle Corby might have lasted a bit longer considering she spent 10 years in a Bali jail but she still seemed mentally unstable breaking down in tears at the drop of a hat.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The staff didn't seem all that impressed when she told them about that lie during her interrogation but surely they knew about it before she signed up for the show.

Not surprising she didn't last long, the same with Roxy Jacenko who was completely out of her depth, I thought Schapelle Corby might have lasted a bit longer considering she spent 10 years in a Bali jail but she still seemed mentally unstable breaking down in tears at the drop of a hat.
The producers would have known about it. The DS are from the UK, and there's a very good chance they'd never even heard of her before she rocked up for filming the show. I'd never heard of her before I watched the show either.

They make a show of reading the candidates' bios before doing the interviews. I don't know how production works, but it's quite possible that they weren't aware of her history until they read the bio.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The producers would have known about it. The DS are from the UK, and there's a very good chance they'd never even heard of her before she rocked up for filming the show. I'd never heard of her before I watched the show either.

They make a show of reading the candidates' bios before doing the interviews. I don't know how production works, but it's quite possible that they weren't aware of her history until they read the bio.

They make a point of just treating the contestants as a number rather than a name and not caring about what they've done previously so it's possible that they wouldn't have known anything about her prior to her interrogation but I thought they may have been given some sort of heads up by the producers.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
They make a point of just treating the contestants as a number rather than a name and not caring about what they've done previously so it's possible that they wouldn't have known anything about her prior to her interrogation but I thought they may have been given some sort of heads up by the producers.
That's true... to a point. They are also trying to determine the psychological makeup of the candidates, and examining them on their history plays a large part in them understanding the candidate's character.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
How was that women who lied about being pregnant and miscarrying a couple of times to try and trap her former boyfriend saying that they were only little white lies and everyone tells them.

I watched the ACA ep on her. She is the very essence of a compulsive liar.

Funny she pulled the pin as soon as the staff challenged her on it & then pathetically justified her past as “white lies” to maintain some sort of deranged dignity.

Poisonous, dangerous woman who needs psychological help!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Happened to see the end of an ep last night without intending to.
I find Merrick the most interesting character. Has spent some getting in shape for this show, talks about being 46 years old and being afraid of getting hurt physically. Clowns with the others but is honest to the camera. Shows a few sides to himself.

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Love this show, big fan of the British version over the last few years.
Anyone else having trouble watching the uncensored version in the 7 app? I keep clicking on it, but it takes me to the bleeped out version. Not the same when you can’t hear the DS cussing them out in full force!!

Any help is much appreciated!!

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love this show, big fan of the British version over the last few years.
Anyone else having trouble watching the uncensored version in the 7 app? I keep clicking on it, but it takes me to the bleeped out version. Not the same when you can’t hear the DS cussing them out in full force!!

Any help is much appreciated!!

Works fine for me (chrome on Mac). I noticed on the show page there are tabs for season 1 and season 1 (uncensored). Maybe check that?

I assume the bleeped version airs on 7? Couldn't even imagine watching it without the f bombs!

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I watched the ACA ep on her. She is the very essence of a compulsive liar.

Funny she pulled the pin as soon as the staff challenged her on it & then pathetically justified her past as “white lies” to maintain some sort of deranged dignity.

Poisonous, dangerous woman who needs psychological help!
How Josh Reynolds didn’t strangle her after some of the s**t she put that bloke through is beyond me. I’m not advocating he should of, but some of the lies and s**t she put that bloke through was next level. Pretty much destroyed his career in the process along with making claims about abuse that were absolute bullshit

Actually have more respect for the bloke, who I always thought was a peanut, for having to endure that psychopath of a woman

Seriously what an absolute nut!! She belongs in an asylum

TBH I think it’s a downright embarrassment she was given a gig on this show

Last edited:

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Really enjoying it so far. I can't help but feel the older SAS staff guy goes a lot easier on Mitch Johnson than the others. Would it be because of his depression?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Really enjoying it so far. I can't help but feel the older SAS staff guy goes a lot easier on Mitch Johnson than the others. Would it be because of his depression?
Those interviews are about digging into the psyche of the candidates. Once they get to the bottom of the issue they stop digging, and let the person express themselves. They did the same thing with Candace Warner, pushing until she came to the realisation about the offense/defence/walls thing. Then they sat back and let her think through the implications of what she'd said.

They're not into digging through people's histories just for our titillation. That's why they didn't press for specifics on the ball tampering or her history as the NSW sportsmans' bike. They're interested in the candidates' psyche, what makes them tick, and what is holding them back.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams

Maybe he's a cricket fan.

Out of all the contestants he would be the most well known one in the UK, the others are only well known in Australia and some aren't even well known here.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Maybe he's a cricket fan.

Out of all the contestants he would be the most well known one in the UK, the others are only well known in Australia and some aren't even well known here.
I think it was because he was more open & honest with them quite quickly, and they didn't have to ask too many deep & prying questions to get to the root of his problems.

Remember, that's what they're trying to do here - dig down to determine the contenders' psyches, what makes them tick. They're trying to break them down psychologically, not titillate with stories from the past. Those histories are a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Back