FTA-TV SAS Australia - "Celebs" MkIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I feel a little bad for Jackson. Everyone would think he’d live a great life but you can tell he really struggles a lot with some of the aspects he’s been dealt.
JW - ' my Dad played cricket for Australia'
SAS guy - ' who's your Dad ? '
JW - 'Shane Warne'
SAS guy - ' what the f@#$ you doing here ?? '
😳

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Definitely didn't pick Mitchell Johnson to be the next one to quit but it just goes to show that physical strength isn't as important as mental strength.

I know he said he has depression but you would've thought a guy that played test cricket would have been mentally stronger than that.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I only heard about this show because I clicked the following article headline like the degenerate I am:

Are people really still giving her s**t for something she did when she was 22 years old and out drinking?

That is rough.

Whoever her 'friend' was who recorded it, I wonder if they ever felt guilty for what they did.

It is apparently still following Candice around more than a decade later.

I say this as somebody who has never really cared for 'Davey Warner' and don't have a clue who Candice is / was before marrying him.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I only heard about this show because I clicked the following article headline like the degenerate I am:

Are people really still giving her sh*t for something she did when she was 22 years old and out drinking?

That is rough.

Whoever her 'friend' was who recorded it, I wonder if they ever felt guilty for what they did.

It is apparently still following Candice around more than a decade later.

I say this as somebody who has never really cared for 'Davey Warner' and don't have a clue who Candice is / was before marrying him.
She was Candice Falzon, and for a few years she was the world's best Iron Woman (surf lifesaving).

She also had a reputation for being the town bike, with many NSW sports stars going for a ride. This is where the SBW video comes into the picture.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Soft? He terrorised batsmen for a decent stint there last decade & wiped the poms off the planet in a home ashes.

Not sure where you get the soft opinion from.

He did come off as mentally weak in the show. He's a big, burly, fit, not long out of the game Australian Fast Bowler, he physically shouldn't have struggled with carrying the log as none of the girls seemed to. It was mental disintegration.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Soft? He terrorised batsmen for a decent stint there last decade & wiped the poms off the planet in a home ashes.

Not sure where you get the soft opinion from.

mentally fragile; performed well against the Poms for a short stint, apart from that his bowling was all over the shop for years - physically fit, for sure, but wouldn’t put him down as the steeliest of competitors by any means

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
mentally fragile; performed well against the Poms for a short stint, apart from that his bowling was all over the shop for years - physically fit, for sure, but wouldn’t put him down as the steeliest of competitors by any means

It was telling when he mentioned at his interview that he let the Barmy Army's songs about him get into his head and affect his bowling performances.

If you can't handle some light hearted songs from a bunch of drunken Poms it doesn't say much about your mental strength,

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
It was telling when he mentioned at his interview that he let the Barmy Army's songs about him get into his head and affect his bowling performances.

If you can't handle some light hearted songs from a bunch of drunken Poms it doesn't say much about your mental strength,

id heard him speaking about that a few years ago; exactly what was in the back of my mind - supremely gifted bowler (and decent all-round cricketer for that matter) but the mental make-up left him vulnerable to falling off a cliff, form-wise, at any moment.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, from the comforts of my couch, it did seem like Johnson folded pretty quickly. But he's been very open about his struggles, even before the show. Doesn't put up a front. Doesn't try and compensate or hide from it. I think it took a lot of courage to show how vulnerable he is on national television like that. Respek.

----

Candace Warner is as tough as an old boot. Comes across as a good person. Couldn't give a s**t about her supposed sordid past. So what if she likes a bit of utensil. Good on her.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
id heard him speaking about that a few years ago; exactly what was in the back of my mind - supremely gifted bowler (and decent all-round cricketer for that matter) but the mental make-up left him vulnerable to falling off a cliff, form-wise, at any moment.

tbh i'm not sure how anyone was surprised he cracked if they watched alot of cricket.

He was always a freak athlete - but even during his shield career before he played for Australia he struggled. At one point he quit the game entirely.

Supremely gifted bloke who could easily have been a once-in-a-generation all rounder. Shame he didn't have it upstairs.

I remember he always used to bowl better if he got a few runs with a bat - real confidence player.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
She was Candice Falzon, and for a few years she was the world's best Iron Woman (surf lifesaving).

She also had a reputation for being the town bike, with many NSW sports stars going for a ride. This is where the SBW video comes into the picture.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lara Bingle charted a similar trajectory just in different circles. Then both of them meet a good earner and get pregnant within months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back