FTA-TV SAS Australia - "Celebs" MkIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't watched this planing on catching up soon.

How did that nut job Bella go? The girl who cried wolf.

The DS worked her out quick smart in the interrogations. When asked about her past, she crumbled like a sack of s**t behind white lies & bullshit & couldn’t hand in her number quick enough.

Absolute campaigner of a thing.

Badger wins this by daylight doesn’t he? Indestructible!

He's been a professional rugby player and has only recently retired so is still in good shape, it's not really surprising that he has been the standout candidate.

I'm more impressed with the females that have lasted this long and a guy like Merrick who is in his 40s and isn't a professional athlete like Badger and the Missile.

He's been a professional rugby player and has only recently retired so is still in good shape, it's not really surprising that he has been the standout candidate.

I'm more impressed with the females that have lasted this long and a guy like Merrick who is in his 40s and isn't a professional athlete like Badger and the Missile.
Sabrina & Merrick the stand outs for me, though Badger is clearly the #1 on the course.

Sabrina & Merrick the stand outs for me, though Badger is clearly the #1 on the course.

Molly the rally car driver has done well too, I think she's the only other female left now that Erin has handed in her number, she hasn't got much airtime though.

I wonder if they will finish this off the same way they did in S1 & 2 of the UK version (I haven't seen the later series, only those shown on SBS).

Those series culminated in a cross country navigation exercise, during which they were captured. After capture they were tortured, using stress positions, sleep deprivation and loud noises, while blindfolded. They were also interrogated vigorously, in an attempt to see who would break under the strain (not the gentle interviews we've seen so far, which are designed to help the candidates get to the heart of their psyche and figure out what is holding them back). This torture & interrogation can go for up to 48 hours.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Molly the rally car driver has done well too, I think she's the only other female left now that Erin has handed in her number, she hasn't got much airtime though.
Molly has always been at the back of the pack. The only exercise she's passed for the entire series was the rope traversal, which was admittedly a seriously impressive effort. She would have been culled long ago if this wasn't a celebrity version with the candidates wrapped in cotton wool and treated with kid gloves.

Sabrina has been seriously impressive since the start, until Farass injured her back by braking far too late in the drop from the crane. That injury is the only reason she's fallen out of the lead group of 4 (her, Merrick, Badger and James).

Molly's inclusion at this late stage is an indictment of this being a celebrity version of the show. This series is more boot camp than SAS selection trial. The UK series (non celebrity versions at least) are far harder, and closely replicate the real thing.

Merrick's mental strength has surprised me, he just locks on to the job and gets moving.

Merrick's mental strength has surprised me, he just locks on to the job and gets moving.
He's been amazing. He's a 46yo former comedian, going head-to-head with 3x current (or recently retired) professional athletes, the oldest of which is 13 years his junior, and holding his own against them in extremely physical challenges. That's outstanding.

Have a read of this article, where he discusses the extreme preparation he did for the show:
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...w/news-story/dc94f5d800c4c65b9001592b2ec54af0

His hard work & preparation has well and truly paid off - he & the Badger are the two stars of this show.

The aflw female it still there or did I miss something?

I meant the only other female apart from Sabrina the AFLW player.

Molly has always been at the back of the pack. The only exercise she's passed for the entire series was the rope traversal, which was admittedly a seriously impressive effort. She would have been culled long ago if this wasn't a celebrity version with the candidates wrapped in cotton wool and treated with kid gloves.

Sabrina has been seriously impressive since the start, until Farass injured her back by braking far too late in the drop from the crane. That injury is the only reason she's fallen out of the lead group of 4 (her, Merrick, Badger and James).

Molly's inclusion at this late stage is an indictment of this being a celebrity version of the show. This series is more boot camp than SAS selection trial. The UK series (non celebrity versions at least) are far harder, and closely replicate the real thing.

I haven't seen the UK series, they are showing it after the final episode tonight so it will be interesting to compare it to this series.

Molly may be lucky to still be there but just the fact she has competed in every challenge so far is still impressive, she doesn't have the size or strength of the other remaining contestants so was never going to be one of the frontrunners.

Molly may be lucky to still be there but just the fact she has competed in every challenge so far is still impressive, she doesn't have the size or strength of the other remaining contestants so was never going to be one of the frontrunners.
That's the point really. This is supposed to be a replica of the SAS selection trials - trials for the toughest unit in the entire army (British or Australian). People who can't hold their own, due to lacking fitness/strength/endurance, have no place in the SAS, and would be rejected very early in selection.

Full credit to Molly. She has given 100% in every test, and has honestly exceeded everyone's wildest expectations. She still has no place in reaching the finals, if this were being done for real - or even to "non-celebrity real" (like the UK version).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the point really. This is supposed to be a replica of the SAS selection trials - trials for the toughest unit in the entire army (British or Australian). People who can't hold their own, due to lacking fitness/strength/endurance, have no place in the SAS, and would be rejected very early in selection.

Full credit to Molly. She has given 100% in every test, and has honestly exceeded everyone's wildest expectations. She still has no place in reaching the finals, if this were being done for real - or even to "non-celebrity real" (like the UK version).

I would imagine the real SAS selection trials would be male only or at least mostly male, this series it has been roughly half male and half female which probably explains why it hasn't been as tough as the real SAS selection trials and why someone like Molly is still there.

You can't expect females to compete equally with males when it comes to strength challenges, Sabrina has held her own against the males in those sorts of challenges but she has above average size and strength for a female and I reckon even she would be struggling if she was doing a real SAS selection trial.

I would imagine the real SAS selection trials would be male only or at least mostly male, this series it has been roughly half male and half female which probably explains why it hasn't been as tough as the real SAS selection trials and why someone like Molly is still there.

You can't expect females to compete equally with males when it comes to strength challenges, Sabrina has held her own against the males in those sorts of challenges but she has above average size and strength for a female and I reckon even she would be struggling if she was doing a real SAS selection trial.
Put it this way... Sabrina is the only female out of this group who would have even been accepted onto the UK SAS program (non-celebrity version), the others would have all been rejected at the audition. I think all of the top-4 - Badger, Merrick, Sabrina & James - would have gone a long way in the UK version.

The only reason Sabrina has struggled lately is the back injury, which she sustained during the course. Prior to that, she was the equal in every way of the 3 top males.

How they would go in an actual SAS selection trial? That's a very interesting question...

Gee, Merrick's name really does stand out on that list, doesn't it...

This is pretty tame.
'Escape to the Legion' is the go.
Bear Grylls and 11 randoms head to the Sahara and do 1 months training French Foreign Legion style.
The sergeants are total bastards and try their hardest to break them,with a fair bit of success.
The 4eps include interviews with ex-Legionnaires that give you a good insight.
Bonus is the epic 'March or Die' songs that they have to learn.

This is pretty tame.
'Escape to the Legion' is the go.
Bear Grylls and 11 randoms head to the Sahara and do 1 months training French Foreign Legion style.
The sergeants are total bastards and try their hardest to break them,with a fair bit of success.
The 4eps include interviews with ex-Legionnaires that give you a good insight.
Bonus is the epic 'March or Die' songs that they have to learn.
I saw that, or something very similar to it. SAS Who Dares Wins (i.e. SAS UK) is very similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back