Game Day Sat May 1 : Collingwood (17th) vs Gold Coast Suns (11th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coach has ruined our better players or he cant motivate them any more.
They are all horribly out of touch....its not because they are poor footballers...it's one common denominator.
De Goey doesn't seem to care though. Even before this year, he seemed to be getting by on pure talent alone. Better hope we can get pick 15-20 for him.

Maybe the way back is to let Darcy and Jordy walk in free agency. They are both hopeless atm anyway. They look like D grade players so we might not get much for them.

So, who honestly put their hand up to have Moore moved up forward (not me) and now regret wanting that? Truthfully.
I regret nothing, persist with him up forward get his Achilles fixed and get a new coach and he’ll do fine up there.

These kicks in the guts are good for us long term. Rip the bandaid off. The situation is dire, a win for us today would have perpetuated the myth that things are recoverable.

I just had a look at our wins and losses from last season. We had 3 good wins, all in the first half of the season (Bulldogs, Saints and Geelong) Our only other wins were against bottom sides. Even Adelaide and Sydney gave us a run for our money. Freo beat us at the G. It's amazing we even made finals.

Somehow Covid got the blame for a lot of it and people trotted out the old "a win's a win" after falling over line against s**t sides like Adelaide and Sydney and beating sides like Norf and Carlton.

Something needed to change then, but we ignored it for some reason.

I am not sure Ive ever said this about any of our players but I really have a strong dislike for DeGoey. Wanted to be one of the top paid players in the league last year and we have a dozen blokes who out preform him each year. You get blokes like Mihochek who bust their arse week in week our and are on half the coin. He is quite possibly the most overated and overpaid player I've seen. We have guys getting a game who shouldn't but that's more through lack of talent than effort IMO (Brown, Mayne etc) yet this pretender who should be our marque player plays a couple of good games a year and gets called a star. He is very un collingwood and would be the first player at our club Id look at offloading at seasons end.
I’m with you on this one. I lost respect for him with how he and his father handled the off season and this year he has been very disappointing.

Maybe the way back is to let Darcy and Jordy walk in free agency. They are both hopeless atm anyway. They look like D grade players so we might not get much for them.

Darcy is been played like a yo yo at the moment. Leave him at CHB, don't play him forward, let the club get through this season with what is available to play up forward, like Cox, Cameron, Mihocek, DeGoey. Wait till end of the season, then go hard for Harry McKay or Weideman in the off season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back