Saturday Afternoons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen a lot of talk in the media about Saturday Arvo's and which is the most preferred time to go to the footy. Personally I prefer Saturday arvo's even though I play, as I reckon the skills in night matches aren't as good during the winter months(Colonial will change this with it's closed roof, but for me footy has always been a daytime sport), and I can take my son which I can't do at night as he's too young.

What's everyone else think?

Dave, agree 100% with you on Saturday afternoons. Maybe it is only a Melbourne thing (dont know about the i/staters but it is so much easier to watch then get home and feed the kids etc if you can plan your day around a 2pm start. Friday nights are not to bad if your driving but (though i dont have any of my own)I wouldnt like getiing public transport aafter 10:30 with kids. Saturday night even more so. Sundays are usally family days with me so thats anther no-no.

Like Shinboners, I prefer Friday night football however it is definitely out for kids. I know my 5 year old, is usually asleep by 3/4 time. My second preference is Saturday arvos, with Sundays definitely out.

Saturdays and Sundays, and Public Holidays. I live on the Mornington Peninsula, and I'm 16, which makes it hard to go to night games. Any day on the weekend when I'm not working and on Public Holidays I cant make my way up there.

Saturday afternoon or Friday night.

I play on Sunday's, so I hate it when those are scheduled.

And midweek matches are f#&$%^@ ridiculous.

Best day of the year - ANZAC DAY, Collingwood vs Essendon.

Greatest game of the year.

Matt

We've never played a H&A game on a Saturday arvo, it's always Sunday afternoons or Fri/Sat nights. This year there's a couple of Sunday night games, which are a real pain, especially for kids and oldies. I don't like Friday night games, since there's not much time between uni/work finishing and the game. (That's because of Vic TV times I should point out!)
Anyway, I like Sunday games since I don't work then and aren't religious, and Saturday nights always have a good atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back