Game Day Saturday, March 25 - R1 v Essendon @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

PS. does anyone know how I can change my name? Couldn't think of something good and original when I signed up...but it just seems too official

Hello to everyone.
Have posted on and off over the years.
Haven't really followed the pre season this year and just watched the replay to saturdays game this afternoon. I like to think I know football well but may need to get up to speed on this seasons trends.

My observations
- Forward set up looks decent. Lynch + Day/Wright, Martin, Touk, Ah Chee I'm happy with. Seems a few different ways to kick a goal with that lot.
- Rosa definitely added some assurance in the midfield.
- Rischitelli had a great game. Racked up the possessions in previous years but never really felt like he did much with them. I thought he impacted the game in positive way and was my second best on the night behind Gary.
- Davis - did some nice things - what is his role though? Mid sized half forward?
- Malceski... didn't really see the good things a few people mentioned. The goal and spot of of Martin in the forward 50 was nice...but other than that he was garbage. Got caught with the ball a lot. Just seems slow, and weak, gets buffeted off it a lot. I don't like how he sucks, and how much were paying him to suck.

Malceski showed up to his contract negotiations with the Suns with a ski mask and gloves - 3 yrs on $500k p.a. was pure highway robbery for what he is delivering. Gee we have had to overpay for experience - at least we dodged the bullet in paying for Howe and Seedsman and prudently got Rosa.

Who the **** knows. Our cheersquad has been putrid for years. To those who are there: thank you and well done. But having 3 people waving flags isn't really a cheer squad.

The club really needs to do something about it.

Its because those people are there that the bay is empty. A few bad eggs in the group have really spoiled it for everyone else, and most of the decent contributors have left.

I agree Mal didn't deserve the vote and he was better but not great. However, his defensive work was ten times better than last year. That chase down tackle where he got paid the holding call was like watching a different player to last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back