Science/Environment Sausages and bacon - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, completely agree.

Atheists annoy me to no end. If I'm not trying to proselytise, I don't understand why I need to be told my faith is wrong or have people attempt to ridicule me with half-cocked notions that they have taken from the latest Dawkins quote.

It'd be 100% the other way too, it annoys me listening to religious people harp on about their beliefs.

With vegans I just find it more insufferable due to people following the latest vegan on YouTube and trying to recreate what said vegan claimed, despite that person also having no background in science.

Even their fabled 'China study' has been exposed to have cherry-picked the majority of evidence and ignored the multitude of research that contradicted its points.

Football is much harder though haha, if I'm speaking to somebody about west coast I try to make sure I always acknowledge their flaws so that I sound more impartial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is God a meat eater?.
Or are they an annoying vego/vegan type?

Apparently research has narrowed down the carcinogenicity to the nitrates added to most processed meats, and the acrylamides formed by having red meat "well done.". So you have to shop around to avoid the former, and maybe change your taste to avoid the later, and then these remain very healthy foods in fact.

Woops now the vegans are all pissy about the Australia Day lamb ad

http://www.perthnow.com.au/business...s/news-story/17fce56190808536afeefaa12d67a1c3

Being Vegan myself I take the ad in good jest and think most people have overreacted (which is exactly the purpose the ad was created for, to stir up the vegos to help them create the publicity for the MLA).

I do however tire of these ads telling me I'm not Australian if I don't eat lamb, year after year. Can't they just promote their product (hate calling lambs products) without having to resort to denigrating other people because they choose not to partake in the product they are selling?

Being Vegan myself I take the ad in good jest and think most people have overreacted (which is exactly the purpose the ad was created for, to stir up the vegos to help them create the publicity for the MLA).

I do however tire of these ads telling me I'm not Australian if I don't eat lamb, year after year. Can't they just promote their product (hate calling lambs products) without having to resort to denigrating other people because they choose not to partake in the product they are selling?
The MLA is wrong. You aren't Australian because you don't eat beef! :thumbsu:

no dont think so
Wasn't it "increase the chance of cancer by 18 percent" in the way that 0.058 goes to 0.0xx percent chance. I cant remember the exact figures but I remember seeing that although they said it raised the chance the actual percentage was still incredibly low, beneath 1% definitely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were we get our nitrates/trites.

Vegetables (44-57%) and fruits (including
juices) (20-38%) were also the major
contributors to estimated dietary nitrite exposure across the population groups. Nitrite
exposure from processed meats accounts for only a relatively small amount of total
dietary nitrite exposure (5-7%)

Upper bound mean nitrite concentrations (expressed as sodium nitrite) were generally
highest in processed meats including bacon (27 mg/kg), frankfurts (30 mg/kg), ham (28
mg/kg), luncheon sausage (35 mg/kg), and strassbourg (35 mg/kg).
The upper bound mean concentration of sodium nitrite was 38 mg/kg in spinach and 29 mg/kg in pumpkin,potatoes (nd-60 mg/kg) and beetroot (nd-71 mg/kg).
Other foods or beverages that reported upper bound mean concentrations of more than 10 mg/kg
included beans, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, grapes, parsley, peaches, peaches, pineapple
and strawberry.

https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/sc.../Survey of nitrates and nitrites Attach 1.pdf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back