Sav Rocca to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

dodgyhodgy

Senior List
Sep 12, 2003
Hickey Stand not the wade
AFL Club
Geelong
Could Sav Rocca be the answers to Geelong's forward problems?

Surely they only need an established forward who is going to be around for another couple of years and I think that Thompson could squeeze a couple of years out of Rocca. While McCarthy and playfair come of age.
Plus while Rocca is down at Geelong he could help out Mc Carthy with his goal kicking.
But who would Geelong trade to north???

ahhh.....no.

Sorry but we need to go forward and plan for the future. We started it with our youngsters now we need to add a quality forward.

Geelong supporters will be having brett spinks flashbacks on hearing sav to geelong. I saw playfair play against bendigo bombers at kp and he was sensational. Id look at getting a tall player to geelong but you have to invest most of your energy in playfair and McCarthy.

Would be worth a 4th round pick. But he wouldnt be traded, Laidley has decided we need him for one last year before McIntosh is ready to hold down a senior spot, let alone debut. Morrell is a chance to go to Geelong though, I suspect he wants to return to WA, Eagles would love a Morrell to assist their forward line...

Originally posted by benno87
Would be worth a 4th round pick. But he wouldnt be traded, Laidley has decided we need him for one last year before McIntosh is ready to hold down a senior spot, let alone debut.

If we couldn't get Rocca then I think that Bradshaw would have to be on Geelong's list of trade hopefulls.

Originally posted by dodgyhodgy
If we couldn't get Rocca then I think that Bradshaw would have to be on Geelong's list of trade hopefulls.

True, add Jade Rawlings to that...

Man I would love to see Rawlings @ North Melbourne, can't afford him though. Our only chance is that we have Brady...

Originally posted by benno87
True, add Jade Rawlings to that...
I don't really think that Jade Rawlings is the type of player that Geelong are after. He has been at Hawthorn and has not been the No. 1 forward getting the No.1 defender. Where as at Geelong he would be getting the No.1 defender and I don't think that he could stand up every week with a quality defender playing on him every week.

Rocca, hell no they could no get a more finished overrated player to the club.

Get Whitnall, that is what they need. Move heaven and earth to get him.

Originally posted by vicpride99
Rocca, hell no they could no get a more finished overrated player to the club.

Get Whitnall, that is what they need. Move heaven and earth to get him.

ditto that

It took FOUR replies before we got a Brett Spinks reference to this thread?

Gee, that guy set the world on fire. :D

Rocca would be counterproductive to Geelong. Matt McCarthy will be a champion of the game in 2 years time once he gets a body on him.

Did I mention that I know him too?

Originally posted by marcuz
Geelong supporters will be having brett spinks flashbacks on hearing sav to geelong. I saw playfair play against bendigo bombers at kp and he was sensational. Id look at getting a tall player to geelong but you have to invest most of your energy in playfair and McCarthy.

I agree.

I quite like the idea myself, as long as he took nothing more than a 4th round pick and D.Clarke. Not the same as Spinks or White, they cost plenty to acquire and were expected to lead the forward line for years. And we've got plenty in the cap to pay his higher wages for a year or two. Could be a good mentor to the younger players coming through and would provide some real bulk on the forward line. Most of all though, maybe he could do something about the shocking kicking skills at Geelong.

Totally waste of an acquisition though if somebody like Whitnall signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back