Savage & Hasslebaink - Pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did anyone watch the highlights show last night? Looks like we have a couple of early nominations for the Jurgen Klinnsmann Award!

How pathetic were the dives by Jimmy Floyd and Robert Savage. Savage's one annoyed me the most, as it was the 2nd week in a row, and the way he celebrated. As for Hasslebaink, he was even tackled, let along brought down!

Hopeless refereeing, and bad sportsmanship - I hope that pr!ck Savage gets what he deserves. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Did anyone watch the highlights show last night? Looks like we have a couple of early nominations for the Jurgen Klinnsmann Award!

How pathetic were the dives by Jimmy Floyd and Robert Savage. Savage's one annoyed me the most, as it was the 2nd week in a row, and the way he celebrated. As for Hasslebaink, he was even tackled, let along brought down!

Hopeless refereeing, and bad sportsmanship - I hope that pr!ck Savage gets what he deserves. :mad: :mad:

I think Jimmy Floyds was not there, although when i first saw it, i thought it was, so i guess the referee thought the same thing.

Savages was there the second time. His feet were clearly taken from under him, so i agree with that one. However, his celebration was over the top.

Robbie Savage has quite a few priors.
In the Derby v Leicester game last season he had Burton sent off
for a similar performance. Not to mention last week.
That celebration in front of the home fans in a hotly contested Midlands derby was disgraceful,he was very lucky to get off the pitch.
PENALTY-You Must Be Joking.

Hasslebaink didnt dive, he fell over :p

As he went to kick the ball he sorta got his foot stuck in the ground

Savage, well he and Danny Mills will be contesting the ******** award for 2001/2002 dont worry bout that!

Originally posted by QT
Hasslebaink didnt dive, he fell over :p

As he went to kick the ball he sorta got his foot stuck in the ground

Yeah I agree, I don't actually think he dived he just stubbed his toe in the turf & went down in such a way that the ref just assumed that the defender had done one of those sly taps on his standing leg that usually make players fall like that when they are in the process of shooting.

As for Savage well he should be horse whipped-he's one of the most unpopular players in England.

Surely it's time the actions of dying swans like Savage and Haisselbank were scrutinized on video and punished appropriately to cut this kind of crap out.

P.s- another culprit- Ashley Cole

Why don't they use a video ref, like in rugby league these days. They could use the time while everyone's agueing and harrassing the ref, replay it and either award the penalty or free kick the other way. Technology is certainly there to do it. Again, you'd still have the issue of interpretation but at least it could be scrutinised properly and not a split second judgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back