Preview Save Ken Hinkley Showdown: Changes R23 vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 20, 7.00pm at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Gollant trained with A team today apparently. Rowe with B team

That happens a lot, does not mean players are getting dropped.

It's been a puzzling one throughout the season but I think I've now solved it after adding up all the clues over the 21 games.

If it's good news (Gollant in, Rowe out etc) then it was just done for training match up purposes.

If it's bad news (Thilthorpe dropped, Frampton in etc) then it is a sure selection indicator.

It's been a puzzling one throughout the season but I think I've now solved it after adding up all the clues over the 21 games.

If it's good news (Gollant in, Rowe out etc) then it was just done for training match up purposes.

If it's bad news (Thilthorpe dropped, Frampton in etc) then it is a sure selection indicator.
The don’t call you drugs glass half full for nothing!

Any chance of winning this?
It's a win/win

EIther
1) We get the win
or
2) Hinkley gets the win and keeps his job (which is arguably a bigger win)

Any chance of winning this?
yeah for sure. Gray's last game and he will be up for it. I would like to see Worrell on him. Has speed on the ground and goes well in the air and positions really well. I'd also love to see Fogarty take Rozee apart in a marking contest - you know the type, on the shoulders with real follow through and menace..like a freight train

There's no more lethal opponent than a Port team with nothing to play for
Hinkley made an interesting comment during the week, talked up the win because the players had nothing to play for, exactly! Too stupid to realise that when they had the chance to actually make the finals they blew it, but played their best football when there was nothing to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley made an interesting comment during the week, talked up the win because the players had nothing to play for, exactly! Too stupid to realise that when they had the chance to actually make the finals they blew it, but played their best football when there was nothing to lose.
Maybe they should go on a camp to get mentally stronger.

Roo could flick Kochie the details of some guys who run such a camp....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a brilliant big stage to bring him in and let him put the after burners on as well, but I feel the club is being to conservative with him.

Very polite way of saying not selecting Newchurch for at least a handful of games this season was yet another selection blunder by our stacked coaching panel.

Very polite way of saying not selecting Newchurch for at least a handful of games this season was yet another selection blunder by our stacked coaching panel.
Worrell and Newchurch were the big blunders. Worrell should have played at least 15 and Newchurch 5-10. Why play Rowe for so many games to then most likely move him on?

yeah for sure. Gray's last game and he will be up for it. I would like to see Worrell on him. Has speed on the ground and goes well in the air and positions really well. I'd also love to see Fogarty take Rozee apart in a marking contest - you know the type, on the shoulders with real follow through and menace..like a freight train
Worrall against an old gray will still be very tough and he might even learn a thing from gray. He's a top player and still a star, too bad his body is cooked.

This is 100% our problem this week.

Port will absolutely be fired up.
They will play this up a lot, "Us versus the Rest of the World" mentality.

Nothing can be more surer than a Port win, no prison jumpers allowed, nothing to play for, season is over and hurting when we beat them after the final siren to send them 0-3.

Port exist to win meaningless matches.

It will fuel their preseason and see them win the flag comfortably next year in February. Memberships will be up and Kenny will be forgiven.

That is until the tough part of their draw.

Nothing can be more surer than a Port win, no prison jumpers allowed, nothing to play for, season is over and hurting when we beat them after the final siren to send them 0-3.

It will fuel their preseason and see them win the flag comfortably next year in February. Memberships will be up and Kenny will be forgiven.

I think they will pump us for this reason. Port Boys will be up and about after flat tracking again. And let's be honest we are a flat track, especially late in the season with a young team.

Yeah we beat Carlton, a great effort. But the games after that we beat two bad teams. Good to win those games as it shows we are better than the two worst teams in the comp.

Port will win, because flat tracking is "Port Adelaide Football" it is their brand. Has been since 2013. Beating up on us further emphasises that.

But we win, overcome an up and about Port after the players stood by their coach last week and played their brand, we have a big tick in our rebuild journey.

I think they will pump us for this reason. Port Boys will be up and about after flat tracking again. And let's be honest we are a flat track, especially late in the season with a young team.

Yeah we beat Carlton, a great effort. But the games after that we beat two bad teams. Good to win those games as it shows we are better than the two worst teams in the comp.

Port will win, because flat tracking is "Port Adelaide Football" it is their brand. Has been since 2013. Beating up on us further emphasises that.

But we win, overcome an up and about Port after the players stood by their coach last week and played their brand, we have a big tick in our rebuild journey.

Think we'll be able to go with them for a half, before they get on a roll and the skis come out.

Westhoff Finlayson to win the medal.

I think they should wear the prison bars anyway.

Have their premiership points stripped, steal pick 1 from North.

Actually, we should wear the prison bars. That would stick it up them.

I liked the bit where he was asked to comment on how Port treat the Showdown like a final to beat us... whereas Burns said they are just another team & we won't go anywhere unless we look to beat all our competition rather than overly concerning ourselves with 1 local team.
Couldn't help but laugh at Wines coming out saying he didn't like Adelaide's DNA, what we're about as a club and our "sense of entitlement" 😂 The whole prison bars, one million SANFL premierships/Est 1870 debate REEKS of entitlement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back