Preview Save Ken Hinkley Showdown: Changes R23 vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 20, 7.00pm at Adelaide Oval

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
No, don’t tell me he was sniping Olsen
He told a story in 2012 when he just came on as president and John Olsen was president? of the SANFL and he called kochie into his office to tell him he was to do right by the SANFL rather than port, kochie told him he’d quit before he did that.
Kochie walked out and said he got a phone call from Andrew Demetrio saying Olsen wanted him sacked.
Kochie was probably right, but he said he’s never told anyone in public about it.
Chose this week to light another fuse.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He told a story in 2012 when he just came on as president and John Olsen was president? of the SANFL and he called kochie into his office to tell him he was to do right by the SANFL rather than port, kochie told him he’d quit before he did that.
Kochie walked out and said he got a phone call from Andrew Demetrio saying Olsen wanted him sacked.
Kochie was probably right, but he said he’s never told anyone in public about it.
It’s the us against them mentality that they play on.
As you can understand my dislike for this club it’s bred into you the day you walk into the club,but I did have respect for them as a club, but under Koch and Hinkley that is no longer there

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Kochie has zero credibility, there is even a thread down there about getting him stood down due to his mistruths.

May have happened but Koch has called wolf too many times to believe him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Got to say he was classy.

There is no doubt Ollie Wines and Tom Jonas crossed the line with the insults and let themselves down and ultimately they let Gray down. Instead of focusing on sending off their club champion, they are more interested in insulting the opposition. I can't imagine Ken Hinkley or the board would be happy with their comments and they should be ripped apart by the club for them. All Ollie did is basically prove he is not a leader and more a mindless individual who just follows the pack. I'm proud of my club for not responding, but you could tell Nicks, Sloane and other players were insulted.

Ollie just proved the very reason you just don't make your best player a captain.

I'm gonna give Wines & Byrne-Jones the benefit of the doubt in that I'm pretty sure someone at the club must have told them to say all that stuff

still funny though

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I'm gonna give Wines & Byrne-Jones the benefit of the doubt in that I'm pretty sure someone at the club must have told them to say all that stuff

still funny though
No doubt their marketing guys and Davies have scripted this to create "US v Them".

Just watched Nicks presser.
Looked a few times Nicks wanted to suggest that when Rucci kept banging on about it. Nicks mentioned that a lot of the guys are mates off field.

Nicks did well with that crap. It really is childish.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
So has anyone worked out why Port Power and laying the rivalry garage on so thick?

I mean separate pressers? How much more pathetic does it need to get ?
Bickley explained that he thought separate pressers as the war of words has got out of hand.
Ken (love him or hate him) is generally pretty respectful to the opposition as most coaches and players are, so him not having to go against his players and say that they were wrong infront of the oppo coach.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
And then everyone on the bus stood up and applauded

Powertron

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So has anyone worked out why Port Power and laying the rivalry garage on so thick?

I mean separate pressers? How much more pathetic does it need to get ?
It’s our brains trust trying to deflect from the absolute rabble they have overseen all season. An attempt to tap into the tribalism that footy can bring out but in this case it’s completely manufactured by incompetent management who don’t want any more questions being asked of them.

The most depressing part is our players are put forward to deliver the faux tough guy message.

Do us a favour and take out DBJ and Jonas, and really beat us, none of this after the siren crap, from the get go show up how incompetent Kenny and his brigade of silly people are.

See you at the footy! 🤪

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
It’s our brains trust trying to deflect from the absolute rabble they have overseen all season. An attempt to tap into the tribalism that footy can bring out but in this case it’s completely manufactured by incompetent management who don’t want any more questions being asked of them.

The most depressing part is our players are put forward to deliver the faux tough guy message.

Do us a favour and take out DBJ and Jonas, and really beat us, none of this after the siren crap, from the get go show up how incompetent Kenny and his brigade of silly people are.

See you at the footy! 🤪
We’d like nothing more, except it might be the catalyst for change and we don’t want that!

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

See you at the footy! 🤪
Looks like we are more similar than we'd both like.

AFL controlled clubs seem to have the same problem

diligaf473

Club Legend
Dec 11, 2013
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chargers, WHU, AUFC
Haven’t posted for years, but still lurk. Thought I would share this little gem from a Port supporting mate who went to the Port v Richmond game at AO and was in the Chairman’s function when Kocky approached my mate and his brother and said “just between us three we’ll be running out in the prison bars in the Showdown”. Now my mate isn’t a kool aid drinker and calls out Kock all the time when we’re talking about his footy club so I have no reason to doubt him but surely Kock wouldn’t want to pull that stunt?

Also mentioned that Kocky swears like a tooper and openly stated his hatred for the Crows.

still funny though
Neither are the sharpest tools in the shed...

Back