Preview Save Ken Hinkley Showdown: Changes R23 vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 20, 7.00pm at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t believe that they’ve created the fake angst and then Ken broke tradition with the joint presser. Whose had the worse week, Port or Essendon?

Bicks said he thought Ken didn't want to have to answer questions about the crap his players have been saying in front of Nicks....

Pathetic if true.

Always good to watch this during a showdown week. Love him or hate him, Eddie loves putting them back in there place.

'We signed a contract but we don't agree to it anymore'....

Hadn't seen that before it was awesome

If you ever want to know what a weak small minded pathetic club port are remember they refused to name the showdown trophy the Phil walsh cup because he was associated with us as well. 3 months after he died. Not to mention their fans booing as his daughter gave the trophy to tex

Why is that odd?
Shane doesn't get the acclaim of Tex or Fog. He's a different forward to these guys and not easily replaced. He's also had a pretty consistent year overall. I'm not sure who kicks his two goals that he often chips in with.

Rachele and Rankine change this next year dramatically though.

If you ever want to know what a weak small minded pathetic club port are remember they refused to name the showdown trophy the Phil walsh cup because he was associated with us as well. 3 months after he died. Not to mention their fans booing as his daughter gave the trophy to tex
Yep. They're a disgusting people, Power supporters and admin etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fae0jH9aIAANQqC

It was the naming of the Showdown Medal for best player.

Yes, your reasons are correct though. Imagine the fact that he actually spent longer with Port Power and was a part of their 2004 Flag as well. Pathetic and petty.

After the abuse I copped from their board about it, I decided to leave and promised to never post on there again.

Fagan added: "If the medal isn't named for Phil Walsh then I can't imagine anyone ever warranting the honour, so we believe it will always now remain the Showdown Medal."

Always good to watch this during a showdown week. Love him or hate him, Eddie loves putting them back in there place.

'We signed a contract but we don't agree to it anymore'....

Why do the flogs care about this guernsey s**t so much? It's an old guernsey from a completely different club. Not only that but it's basically the same guernsey that's already worn by another team when they entered the league as "Port Power". They need to give it a rest, they are never wearing that guernsey. Try creating some history instead of trying to attach yourself to a previous clubs history to make yourself relevant.

Last edited:
Nicks first showdown was the one while we were in lockdown
He’s referring to the first one this year, even if Adelaide deliberately did a seperate PC it doesn’t take away just how petty and embarrassingly manufactured this all is.
Reeks of another Koch PR stunt.

Nicks did well with that crap. It really is childish.
Nicks' opening statement set the tone and Nicks refused to be goaded/provoked by Rucci's stupid line of questions.
I'd summarise Nicks' comments thus:"I don't care what PA players or Admin say. I only care about what our blokes do, on the day". Loved it.
I've never been more impressed by a Nicks presser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back