Preview Save Ken Hinkley Showdown: Changes R23 vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 20, 7.00pm at Adelaide Oval

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do the flogs care about this guernsey s**t so much? It's an old guernsey from a completely different club. Not only that but it's basically the same guernsey that's already worn by another team when they entered the league as "Port Power". They need to give it a rest, they are never wearing that guernsey. Try creating some history instead of trying to attach yourself to a previous clubs history to make yourself relevant.

It’s all so boring. Their entire existence revolves around this f*cking guernsey. Every year we circle back to this same bullshit.

If it was so important for them to wear this thing they should’ve sorted it out 25 yrs ago when they entered the competition.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s all so boring. Their entire existence revolves around this f*cking guernsey. Every year we circle back to this same bullshit.

If it was so important for them to wear this thing they should’ve sorted it out 25 yrs ago when they entered the competition.
And they bang on about having more youthful supporters who couldn't give a flying * about the 'bars' because the club they follow have never worn it.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
And they bang on about having more youthful supporters who couldn't give a flying * about the 'bars' because the club they follow have never worn it.

They rebranded as Port Power and put shiny lightning bolts on entirely teal jumpers to try and distance themselves from the bars and the hatred most SANFL supporters had for it to win the younger audience. They called their junior membership “planet teal”.

Their separation from their heritage was predominantly their own doing.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm gonna give Wines & Byrne-Jones the benefit of the doubt in that I'm pretty sure someone at the club must have told them to say all that stuff

still funny though

Given comments have come from every level of their club this week it’s clearly been a strategy of marketing ploy for them to play to their supporters

Hilarious balls up if we knock them off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Other than the fact they've blatantly plagiarized Liverpool, I think their marketing is excellent in this instance. Impactful and stirring branding. Effective marketing 101.

But I'll love it when we beat them tonight 😎

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shane doesn't get the acclaim of Tex or Fog. He's a different forward to these guys and not easily replaced. He's also had a pretty consistent year overall. I'm not sure who kicks his two goals that he often chips in with.

Rachele and Rankine change this next year dramatically though.

Hes the only one that you can rely on to compete in the air. I'm shocked with Aliir back in that we didn't play Gollant as he's the only other aerialist forward we have(may be injured haven't checked). Our preferred mode of fwd entry really requires us to play one of the two I reckon.

Who keeps Allir accountable today? Can't count on the weather to do it.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

I've been to both teams games and honestly the age breakdown is about the same

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Someone on the radio just said they hate their name and they hate their colours why not just fold the club. Fair call

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other than the fact they've blatantly plagiarized Liverpool, I think their marketing is excellent in this instance. Impactful and stirring branding. Effective marketing 101.

But I'll love it when we beat them tonight 😎

I reckon most people could come up with good marketing if they plagiarised one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world.

It’s still hilarious to me how after spending nearly two decades trying to market to the whole state to compete on the big stage they’re going back to this angle.

319E1E8E-417D-450E-AEC9-2AB6E5F24FD4.jpeg

73D3D03A-77C8-4894-8411-9894DC5A123F.jpeg

These two photos kinda betray the angle they’re going for…

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

That was the first thing I thought when I heard Jonas and Wine comment about “entitled and arrogant”
Followed By my remembering how they treated 9 other clubs in the SANFL.
If there is a club in the SANFL that one can call “entitled and arrogant” that would be Port.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Part of the reason I say let them wear it as an alternative strip is to take away the "Us v Them" marketing.

Doubt Kochie and the club really want to wear it. But use the "fight " for PR.

If it becomes a regular jumper the mystic is gone. Just one of the 30 or so jumpers the Power have worn.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

BunjiMC

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Here's hoping we have some blue, red and yellow prison bar or state guernseys to put on after we flog these campaigners tonight.

Back