brad5668

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2009
Ellenbrook
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Armadale
This was posted on my Facebook wall by Jim Dougan.

The Bassendean Council are considering knocking down the wonderful old scoreboard on the hill as they say it needs repairs. That would be a shame and I am not happy about it. So I am asking all of you out there in football land to let the council know that we don't want to lose the board. It is part of Swan Districts Football Club and Bassendean and part of football and we don't want digital a board you can't see when the sun hits it, HATE digital with a passion.
please guys tell your friends and family and get behind this campaign and send your email to the following email address:

mail@bassendean.wa.gov.au

let them know you want it to stay. all of you historians join in. why do we have to go to something like Peel have or Leederville oval. lets retain a bit of sporting history.
i declare i have an interest in keeping it, i have been doing the scores for 21 years and love the old girl. please help save her. thanks guys from Hacksaw

This was posted on my Facebook wall by Jim Dougan.

The Bassendean Council are considering knocking down the wonderful old scoreboard on the hill as they say it needs repairs. That would be a shame and I am not happy about it. So I am asking all of you out there in football land to let the council know that we don't want to lose the board. It is part of Swan Districts Football Club and Bassendean and part of football and we don't want digital a board you can't see when the sun hits it, HATE digital with a passion.
please guys tell your friends and family and get behind this campaign and send your email to the following email address:

mail@bassendean.wa.gov.au

let them know you want it to stay. all of you historians join in. why do we have to go to something like Peel have or Leederville oval. lets retain a bit of sporting history.
i declare i have an interest in keeping it, i have been doing the scores for 21 years and love the old girl. please help save her. thanks guys from Hacksaw
I'll go one better brad5668 I'll have a chat to the mayor, he's a friend of a friend. Also, to Jim Dougan I am thankful you have been doing it for 21 years, simply outstanding. :thumbsu:

If the ToB hadn't spend god knows how much putting stupid significant tree signs everywhere perhaps they'd have some cash to do the repairs. Think they decided to spend all their reserves on the basis that they were going to merge with City of Bayswater (which all fell in a hole).
Love the scoreboard - easy to read from the can bar - and the kids have a fair old time playing on it too.

Not looking like they are going to keep the old scoreboard, looking at the minutes of the meeting.

They've set aside $45,000 for demolishing the old scoreboard structure.

Minutes of the meeting are not yet up however the recommendation was:
"That Council lists $45,000 for consideration in the draft 2015/16 Capital Budget for the demolishing and replacement of the steel infrastructure for the scoreboard and clock within Steel Blue Oval Bassendean."

Not quite sure whether this means the facia will be retained but on a new base - we'll have to wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back