List Mgmt. Save us, Michael McMahon!

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, may as well start a thread on it...

Can he bring Dangerfield?
Gee you got da itchy trigga finga bro.

This has to be a record for thread creation on our board

Mark Blicavs is one of his. Reminds me of Garry Ziebell and Kayne Turner.

Cameron Guthrie’s dad Andrew, who had coached Blicavs as a junior footy player, mentioned to Geelong recruiter Michael McMahon that there was this 198cm bloke who could run 3km in under 8½ minutes.

It was little wonder the Cats’ recruiting staff’s ears pricked up, given, at that time, the record for the 3km at the AFL draft combine was held by Bradley Hill at 9min, 52 secs.

“So they put two and two together and thought if he can handle the ball then he’s going OK,” Blicavs said.

“I think also the recruiters are really thorough, if they even sense that someone has potential, they’ll go through that, so I was one of probably hundreds that year, it just so happened to have worked out.”

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-cat-mark-blicavs-has-had-much-to-learn-since-trading-in-his-running-shoes/story-fnjuhrxq-1226944888278

Gregson is another:

4. Gregson gold
All of the big names contributed in Geelong's blistering seven-goal first term, but alongside Tom Hawkins, Joel Selwood and Mitch Duncan was a small first-year forward more than pulling his weight. 18-year-old Cory Gregson kicked two smart goals in the opening term from seven disposals, and continues to add some classy finishing and speed to the Cats' forward mix. The 175cm South Australian was the Cats' second selection at last year's draft down the order at No.47, but has played every game this year, so credit again goes to list manager Stephen Wells, recruiter Michael McMahon and the club's scouting team for finding a promising player beyond the top 30. Gregson's 18 disposals and three goals should see him strongly considered for the round six NAB AFL Rising Star nomination

Last edited:
This is speaking of S.Wells, I look forward to seeing what McMahon can bring to the club.

"In the recruiting, there are egos and recruiters who love the life, but are they prepared to do the hard work? Not always, whereas Stephen Wells does," McMaster said.

"He loves players who are hard at the ball and can't stand those who make stupid decisions. He also listens to the right people and doesn't canvass his ideas with others, sitting on his own to watch games.

"He has developed the necessary confidence and has some very good people in his recruiting team, plus Neil Balme and Steve Hocking ... who have played key roles in the list."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee you got da itchy trigga finga bro.

This has to be a record for thread creation on our board

The Cooper Harvey Megathread was started by Shayne Harvey's obstetrician during the initial scan to confirm the pregnancy.

The Cooper Harvey Megathread was started by Shayne Harvey's obstetrician during the initial scan to confirm the pregnancy.

I thought you started it that fateful night you snuck into Yarrambat and put some Marvin Gaye on the turntable while Irishing up Boomer's Spark?

Good to have a McMahon back at the club.

Yep, it's been too long.

1363536000000.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back