List Mgmt. Save us, Michael McMahon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah think they're going inside-kpp-outside order. Was just being facetious. Drafting is very much hit and miss. Last year looked like a pretty good draft.
Don't think we've drafted a "plodder" since we took Mitch Wilkins with a late pick in 2012. McKenzie fits the bill the previous year I guess and Nielson still has a fair bit to prove but I think since 2011 our drafting has been very good considering what we've had. Just a matter of giving more than just Wood, Brown, Jacobs, Turner and Dumont opportunities to see what EVW, Clarke, Durdin, Mountford, Fordham etc can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Interesting. Starts November 14. Draft is November 25. High degree of trust from Geelong there.

And, on the Cam Joyce appointment, while the continuity of an internal appointment is right, I do wonder about him now being Brad's boss, after working alongside/under him for so long. He's going to have to be a strong, independent character as it'll be his job to hold Brad to account for the sorts of things we bemoan here. Anyone know him/got any views on this one?

And Walsh in the official role of "hanging around". Geoff Walsh = The Bad Smell.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting. Starts November 14. Draft is November 25. High degree of trust from Geelong there.

And, on the Cam Joyce appointment, while the continuity of an internal appointment is right, I do wonder about him now being Brad's boss, after working alongside/under him for so long. He's going to have to be a strong, independent character as it'll be his job to hold Brad to account for the sorts of things we bemoan here. Anyone know him/got any views on this one?

And Walsh in the official role of "hanging around". Geoff Walsh = The Bad Smell.

Been touted for a couple of weeks, I am sure they have had a plan in place. Draft is different to trade period though, trades far more secretive, hence the date.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Geelong are probably confident that regardless of who we pick, our draftees will either turn out as injured crocks or developed into vanilla flankers. :(
So, that's impressive work. We'll have "North-Melbourne-ised" him in the space of a week.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
McMahon: Look, Brad, I'll tell you now, yeah? When I was at Geelong, our perception of your club was: they're having a laugh.

Scott: Thanks very much.

McMahon: No, not in a good way, having a laugh, mucking around at the expense of North Melbourne.

Scott: Well, rubbish. And I resent the accusation, because this club has performed very well.

McMahon: It's performed OK, I want it to perform a lot better.

Scott: There you go, what is 'better'? Because I could show you a graph of players vs. task, and where does the line go

McMahon: The line goes where I want it to go. Now if you can't improve your performance and your consistency with or without making people laugh, you and I are going to have a very serious chat.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
McMahon: Look, Brad, I'll tell you now, yeah? When I was at Geelong, our perception of your club was: they're having a laugh.

Scott: Thanks very much.

McMahon: No, not in a good way, having a laugh, mucking around at the expense of North Melbourne.

Scott: Well, rubbish. And I resent the accusation, because this club has performed very well.

McMahon: It's performed OK, I want it to perform a lot better.

Scott: There you go, what is 'better'? Because I could show you a graph of players vs. task, and where does the line go

McMahon: The line goes where I want it to go. Now if you can't improve your performance and your consistency with or without making people laugh, you and I are going to have a very serious chat.
If this wasn't an conversation transcript I'd have a hard time believing you posted this many words. Edit: But now I realise where it comes from, I'll allow it. ;)

But seriously, does this imply the Senior Coach reports to the List Manager? I'd have thought they'd be peers, reporting to the GM. Anyone know for sure?

Surely Walshy would have been telling Brad to just shut up, stop laughing and coach?!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back