Competitions SBBFL Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t think we agreed on an LTI option
No we definitely haven't. But I am trying to push the issue after not really getting a response from the group. I am hoping that this nomination allows us to bring the matter to a head with a vote.

So essentially, under the new Preseason Supplemental Selection Period (ending March 15) AFL clubs can sign players as category A rookies to replace players who suffer season ending injuries. So, I'm really just testing this rule. I do have additional interest in the rule with Daw also suffering season ending injuries.

Can we each take the time to register a vote on this matter?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/new-rule-gives-blues-time-to-find-docherty-replacement

No we definitely haven't. But I am trying to push the issue after not really getting a response from the group. I am hoping that this nomination allows us to bring the matter to a head with a vote.

So essentially, under the new Preseason Supplemental Selection Period (ending March 15) AFL clubs can sign players as category A rookies to replace players who suffer season ending injuries. So, I'm really just testing this rule. I do have additional interest in the rule with Daw also suffering season ending injuries.

Can we each take the time to register a vote on this matter?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/new-rule-gives-blues-time-to-find-docherty-replacement
I don’t have an issue with it as long as it’s policed right, like how can you confirm that it’s a season ending injury? what happens to the player you rookie after the injured baby player returns?

i just think 44 players is enough to cover injuries, but wouldn’t have a problem with a LTI option

Reading that article, Carlton will be able to replace Docherty with someone, it has to be before March 15th. I’m happy for you to take whoever that is, but I don’t think you should be able to pick up anyone you want. And I don’t think we should have an LTI after that cut off date. So if we run with it exactly like the AFL, I have no issues.

I don’t have an issue with it as long as it’s policed right, like how can you confirm that it’s a season ending injury? what happens to the player you rookie after the injured baby player returns?

i just think 44 players is enough to cover injuries, but wouldn’t have a problem with a LTI option
Perhaps we could work on the basis that I can't actually nominate for a player until Carlton does in real time? That way, there is no doubt about whether an injury is season ending because the club has actually declared it to be so in real life, to make it's supplemental selection. In that scenario I wouldn't be able to claim until Carlton and North make their claims.

Going back to what I suggested in earlier posts I actually like the chaos that comes with forcing the real time club supplementary player upon the relevant coach in this competition. So if Carlton ran with Jed Lamb...then he joins my roster for the year. Under that scenario If I don't like Jed Lamb then I should be allowed to dump him back into the waiver, but Docherty would then also fold back into the waiver and become eligible to be nominated on by all.

Again, I am happy to run with the majority rule whatever that may be.

I think that resolves it then. It’s a no to supplementary selections.

On that basis I’ll change my earlier nomination to read:

Nominate Jez McLennan
Delisting Majak Daw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. I didnt even know it was open.
Id close it until after jlt.

Same. I’ve been flat out at work. Pretty shabby if you ask me.

My post jlt waivers watch list pretty much gone before I even knew waivers was open
Uf waiver wire just became a free for all.
Need to go back to waivers on here.

Imo lock lists from now.
Have another delisting and FA draft after jlt, prior to rd1.
This was where we’d left it as far as I was concerned - it got 4 likes and nobody suggested different - what happened
s**t i leave you fellas alone for a couple of days... too bad if i was after any of these players

Exactly the problem with fa’s last year - whoever happens to be online gets the chocolates- not great in my view and why we were discussing changing it

Delisting Oleg markov, not needed very short stint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back