Competitions SBBFL Off-Season Thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to nail this down as the waivers/FA process or come up with an alternative....

I think Simonoz is in New York so this would be 8am Thurs morning cut off for waivers and from then the rest of Thursday for FA pickups - possibly even better for him than the rest of us (certainly not disadvantaged anyway) so should work.

Assuming we do I think we treat the day before Series 2 of JLT (midnight Wed 6 March) as the first waver pickup deadline and then Thursday 14th as a waivers point and then we go into weekly routine from Thurs 21st waiver (post game 1 of the season), Friday 22 FA pickup period (1st FA pickup period from now).

Can anyone with any issue with this process and dates cry foul now and if you're happy can you like it (anything for free likes eh!)?

simonoz CursingFijian TheSmokies St Kilda Death Orasia Fantazio Phoenix_9 Left_Billings Jonzi PetWussy
good with me, just need to make sure it’s actually possible. Will have a look this weekend, anyone else a bit free feel free to do some investigating beforehand.

Correctamondo.......NYC here !!

So clarification - the waiver process begins straight after the last game (usually Sunday) and remains
in place until Thursday 8am Melb time, at which point waivers will go thru, or not. FA's are then free game
from that point until the first game kicks off.

Is that right ?

Also - what's the situation now? Are FAs able to be picked up now ?

Thanks in advance, snoz

Correctamondo.......NYC here !!

So clarification - the waiver process begins straight after the last game (usually Sunday) and remains
in place until Thursday 8am Melb time, at which point waivers will go thru, or not. FA's are then free game
from that point until the first game kicks off.

Is that right ?

Also - what's the situation now? Are FAs able to be picked up now ?

Thanks in advance, snoz
The thurs 8am was nyc time (at the current time difference) otherwise you are bang on.

It will always be midnight Melbourne time after teams are announced on Thursday.

I think we’ve agreed that fa’s aren’t available until the first Friday of the season so it’s the waiver slots only until then

The thurs 8am was nyc time (at the current time difference) otherwise you are bang on.

It will always be midnight Melbourne time after teams are announced on Thursday.

I think we’ve agreed that fa’s aren’t available until the first Friday of the season so it’s the waiver slots only until then

Got it - Thanks !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just so we’re clear. if I was to put a waiver claim in now would it not get processed until the Friday before Round 1?

Just so we’re clear. if I was to put a waiver claim in now would it not get processed until the Friday before Round 1?
I don't think anyone has gone in and restricted it but maybe I should as we've got 6 ticks and no dissent so far - on Phoenixes suggestion I may test the timing - I'm confident it was midnight last year, but I can't remember if when you put a date in there whether it is 12.01am or 11.59pm that counts on that day if you see what I mean - so may need a couple of efforts to get the right day!

Once we've restricted it any waiver choice now would be processed on Mar 6th (after 1st week of JLT) then another slot after week 2 JLT and then we move into regular weekly waiver and FA times

Given the testing though can you hold off for a couple of days otherwise you're going to show your cards and the changes will be reversed?

I know who I'm aiming to pick up and wouldn't want to give any of you campaigners ideas.....

Test went fine overnight - tbh it explained exactly how it was going to work - 23.59 being the go.

I've restricted the available players to a 6 March deadline - so you have until 23.59 AEST on 6 March to make your waiver choices.

Need to make sure the waiver wire order is correct before then.

Just quietly with Admas down I now have 7 that have gone down this preseason....not a good year

Test went fine overnight - tbh it explained exactly how it was going to work - 23.59 being the go.

I've restricted the available players to a 6 March deadline - so you have until 23.59 AEST on 6 March to make your waiver choices.

Just quietly with Admas down I now have 7 that have gone down this preseason....not a good year
I promise JDG was damaged goods after I sold him to you ;)

Also, will the waiver order be as it was in the free agency thread or do we go back to last years ladder order again?

Also, will the waiver order be as it was in the free agency thread or do we go back to last years ladder order again?
Personally I think that it should include the changes within the free agency thread, but then that's mostly because I missed out with not knowing it was available and am on record as being grumpy about it....

In addition for the good of the future of the comp I reckon The Smokies should be Pick 1 until say week 6 of the season as I think he is (and his predecessor was - no reflection on the Smokies) up against it with the way that squad was left and how hard it is to get back on terms.

What do people reckon?

Watching this game tonight spotted a few young guns that look the goods that I thought may or may not have been available. Jordan Clark, Oscar Allen and Esava Ratugolea. All held by CursingFijian along with Sam Walsh the future is bring at down there!

Surely with sheed and parfitt I’ve won preseason tonight though?

Nothing like a jlt hero eh...will no doubt disappear when it counts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys where is the official list of KDs & KFs - can’t find it anywhere. Thanks !

lol just a page back but quoted below
Updated Key Position players

Adelaide
Alex Keath (KPD)
Daniel Talia (KPD)
Taylor Walker (KPF)
Josh Jenkins (KPF)
Andy Otten (KPD)
Kyle Hartigan (KPD)
Elliot Himmelberg (KPF)
Jordan Butts (KPD/KPF)
Kieran Strachan (KPF/Rk)

Brisbane
Harris Andrews (KPD)
Marcus Adams (KPD)
Darcy Gardner (KPD)
Josh Walker (KPD)
Oscar McInerney (KPF)
Dan McStay (KPF)
Eric Hipwood (KPF)
Matt Eagles (KPD)
Sam Skinner (KPD)
Toby Wooler (KPF)
Connor Ballenden (KPF)
Jack Payne (KPD)

Carlton
Liam Jones (KPD)
Charlie Curnow (KPF)
Harry McKay (KPF)
Mitch McGovern (KPF)
Jacob Weitering (KPD)
Levi Casboult (KPF)
Caleb Marchbank (KPD)
Hugh Goddard (KPD)
Harrison Macraedie (KPD)
Pat Kerr (KPF)
Tom De Koning (KPF/Rk)
Ben Silvagni (KPD/KPF)

Collingwood
Tyson Goldsack (KPD)
Brody Mihocek (KPF)
Mason Cox (KPF)
Ben Reid (KPF)
Darcy Moore (KPD/KPF)
Jordan Roughead (KPF/Rk)
Lynden Dunn (KPD)
Jack Madgen (KPD)
Anton Tohill (KPD/KPF)
Mark Keane (KPD/KPF)
Will Kelly (KPD)

Essendon
Cale Hooker (KPD)
Mitch Brown (KPF)
Joe Daniher (KPF)
Michael Hurley (KPD)
Shaun McKernan (KPF)
Michael Hartley (KPD)
James Stewart (KPF)
Patrick Ambrose (KPD)
Aaron Francis (KPD)
Luke Lavender (KPF)
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (KPD)
Noah Gown (KPF)

Fremantle
Jesse Hogan (KPF)
Rory Lobbe (KPF/Rk)
Brennan Cox (KPF)
Alex Pearce (KPD)
Joel Hamling (KPD)
Matt Tabener (KPF)
Shane Kersten (KPD)
Cam McCarthy (KPF)
Griffin Logue (KPD)
Scott Jones (KPF/Rk)
Hugh Dixon (KPF)

Geelong
Tom Hawkins (KPF)
Lachie Henderson (KPD)
Mark Blicavs (KPD)
Harry Taylor (KPD)
Jake Kolodjashnij (KPD)
Esava Ratugolea (KPF)
Wylie Buzza (KPF)
Nathan Kreuger (KPF)
Blake Schlensog (KPF/Rk)
Ben Jarvis (KPF/Rk)

Gold Coast
Peter Wright (KPF)
Sam Day (KPF)
Brayden Crossley (KPF)
Charlie Ballard (KPD)
Rory Thompson (KPD)
Jack Leslie (KPD)
Jack Hombsch (KPD)
Sam Collins (KPD)
Chris Burgess (KPD/KPF)
Josh Corbett (KPF)
Ben King (KPF)
Jack Lukosius (KPF)
Caleb Graham (KPD/Rk)

GWS
Phil Davis (KPD)
Jeremy Cameron (KPF)
Harry Himmelberg (KPF)
Jon Patton (KPF/Rk)
Aidan Corr (KPD)
Sam Taylor (KPD)
Lachlan Keefe (KPD)
Jake Stein (KPD)
Connor Idun (KPD/KPF)

Hawthorn
Jack Gunston (KPF)
Jarryd Roughead (KPF)
James Frawley (KPD)
Kaiden Brand (KPD)
Jonathon Ceglar (KPF/Rk)
Tim O’BRein (KPF)
Ryan Schoenmakers (KPF)
Conor Nash (KPF)
Tim Mohr (KPD)
Mitch Lewis (KPF)
Jackson Ross (KPF)
Jacob Koschitzke (KPD/KPF)

Melbourne
Tom McDonald (KPF)
Jake Lever (KPD)
Sam Frost (KPD)
Steven May (KPD)
Oscar McDonald (KPD)
Sam Weideman (KPF)
Tim Smith (KPF)
Declan Keilty (KPD)
Marty Hore (KPD)
Harrison Petty (KPD)

North Melbourne
Majak Daw (KPD)
Ben Brown (KPF)
Scott D. Thompson (KPD)
Robbie Tarrant (KPD)
Sam Durdin (KPD)
Ben McKay (KPD)
Nick Larkey (KPF)
Declan Watson (KPD)
Tristan Xerri (KPF/Rk)

Port Adelaide
Justin Westhoff (KPF/Rk)
Scott Lycett (KPF/Rk)
Dougal Howard (KPD)
Tom Jonas (KPD)
Charlie Dixon (KPF)
Tom Clurey (KPD)
Jack Watts (KPF)
Todd Marshall (KPF)
Jarrod Lienert (KPD)
Trent McKenzie (KPD)
Riley Grundy (KPD)

Richmond
Alex Rance (KPD)
Jack Riewoldt (KPF)
Tom J. Lynch (KPF)
David Astbury (KPD)
Callum Moore (KPF)
Mabior Chol (KPF)
Ryan Garthwaite (KPD)
Ben Miller (KPD)
Noah Bolta (KPF)
Callum Coleman-Jones (KPF/Rk)

Saint Kilda
Jake Carlisle (KPD)
Tim Membrey (KPF)
Josh Bruce (KPF)
Rowan Marshall (KPF)
Nathan Brown (KPD)
Paddy McCartin (KPF)
Josh Battle (KPF)
Logan Austin (KPD)
Callum Wilkie (KPD)
Darragh Joyce (KPD)
Oscar Clavarino (KPD)
Max King (KPF)

Sydney
Lance Franklin (KPF)
Aliir Aliir (KPD)
Heath Grundy (KPD)
Dane Rampe (KPD)
Sam Reid (KPF)
Lewis Melican (KPD)
Tom McCartin (KPF)
Kurt TIppett (KPF)
Jack Maibaum (KPD)
Toby Pink (KPF)
Joel Amartey (KPF)
Nick Blakey (KPF)

West Coast
Jeremy McGovern (KPD)
Tom Barrass (KPD)
Josh J. Kennedy (KPF)
Jack Darling (KPF)
Jake Waterman (KPF)
Nathan Vardy (KPF/Rk)
Will Schofield (KPD)
Fraser McInnes (KPF)
Josh Rotham (KPD)
Jarrod Brander (KPF)
Oscar Allen (KPD)
Bailey Williams (KPF/Rk)
Patrick Bines (KPF/Rk)

Western Bulldogs
Aaron Naughton (KPD)
Jackson Trengove (KPD)
Zaine Cordy (KPD)
Dale Morris (KPD)
Fletcher Roberts (KPD)
Tom Boyd (KPF/Rk)
Josh Schache (KPF)
Lewis Young (KPD)
Lachlan Young (KPD)
Buku Khamis (KPD)

Another dumb question......must be something in the water over here in the States.

Where on the UF saints BF Keeper League site is our waiver order ?
It's the RFA in the right hand column but it doesn't look like it's been updated yet

It's the RFA in the right hand column but it doesn't look like it's been updated yet

Personally I think that it should include the changes within the free agency thread, but then that's mostly because I missed out with not knowing it was available and am on record as being grumpy about it....

In addition for the good of the future of the comp I reckon The Smokies should be Pick 1 until say week 6 of the season as I think he is (and his predecessor was - no reflection on the Smokies) up against it with the way that squad was left and how hard it is to get back on terms.

What do people reckon?

As there was no dissent and 3 likes I’m going with continuing Rfa order from the off season

On checking the order I saw smokies came 3 frombottom last year so I’m thinking of canning that idea - mistaken identity. It was simonoz that was bottom but he didn’t inherit the bottom side so I’m not so sympathetic.....is that too harsh...

Assuming you’re all as heartless as I am the order for this Wednesday will be:

Death
Major
Orazio
Phoenix
Cursing
Pet
Left
Jonzi
Smokies
Simonoz

As there was no dissent and 3 likes I’m going with continuing Rfa order from the off season

On checking the order I saw smokies came 3 frombottom last year so I’m thinking of canning that idea - mistaken identity. It was simonoz that was bottom but he didn’t inherit the bottom side so I’m not so sympathetic.....is that too harsh...

Assuming you’re all as heartless as I am the order for this Wednesday will be:

Death
Major
Orazio
Phoenix
Cursing
Pet
Left
Jonzi
Smokies
Simonoz

Yes it’s too bloody harsh Hahahaha

If myself and smokies are listed as #1 and #2, why are we now 9 & 10 ?

You two took the last two players so you’re at the back. death and I didn’t take any players so everyone is behind us

Fair enough, I must’ve not understood the discussion earlier. The player I picked up was a FA, not a RFA so it really shouldn’t affect the waiver order. But if that’s the consensus then I’ll accept it.

Fair enough, I must’ve not understood the discussion earlier. The player I picked up was a FA, not a RFA so it really shouldn’t affect the waiver order. But if that’s the consensus then I’ll accept it.

They were all via waivers - that’s why there was an order that kept changing and, in admittedly only one case, someone got outbid for a player

SBBFL Free Agency 2018/19

Rules:

- Will be run via a Waiver Wire, order based on the reverse of the final Ladder & Finals in 2018 but will he fluid after successful nominations.

- Once a player has been nominated by a coach 24 hours must go by without another coach above them on the waiver wire nominating the same player for the pick up to be successful. If another coach above on the waiver wire does nominate the same player the 24hrs restarts.

- If a player is successfully nominated and added to a list the that nominated coach is then placed at the bottom of the waiver wire list

- If your list sits at a maximum of 44 players a delisting must be made to have your nominated player added to your list. If it’s less than 44 then a player can be added without a delisting.

- Only 1 pending nomination at a time

Waiver wire order as of 14/12/18:

Simonoz
St Kilda Death
majortinkle
Orasia Fantazio
Phoenix_9
CursingFijian
Petwussy
Left_Billings
Jonzi
TheSmokies

Available players in following post.
Forgot to quote the post that set it up - obviously there were further signings after 14 dec and the final order was what I posted yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back