Competitions SBFFL Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for putting my earlier question in the draft thread, but I have another.

As far as I can tell multi position players are never defined are never defined as either key or general when they have forward or defender as one of their positions.

What are we going to do? Go by height? Go by position (rk/for or def = key, def/for = key, mid/for or def = gen), other options?

Cheers

s**t I didn't expect that, I haven't actually read the prospectus for a couple of years.

I would be happy either way, what would be a good height cut off? 195cm?

s**t I didn't expect that, I haven't actually read the prospectus for a couple of years.

I would be happy either way, what would be a good height cut off? 195cm?
Dont think it is just about height, its about the type of player they are as well? Im not 100% sure either but someone said early on in the piece that Prospectus/Champion Data would confirm who is general and key in their positions

Dont think it is just about height, its about the type of player they are as well? Im not 100% sure either but someone said early on in the piece that Prospectus/Champion Data would confirm who is general and key in their positions
On the app version it does when forward or defender is their sole position but not when a dpp when it's just down as for or def

I think the majority of swing men are kpp and rucks by size are likely to play like a kpp. Mids are more likely to be general so that seems easiest thing- will be outliers where not accurate though.

On the app version it does when forward or defender is their sole position but not when a dpp when it's just down as for or def

I think the majority of swing men are kpp and rucks by size are likely to play like a kpp. Mids are more likely to be general so that seems easiest thing- will be outliers where not accurate though.

You would then have guys like Suckling and Varcoe as Kpp then.

All other players will be classified by prospectus, we can't have a blanket rule where they are all Kpp or none are. I think a height restriction, although imperfect, would be the best way to seperate the Carlisle's and Hendersons from the Sucklings and Varcoes.

You would then have guys like Suckling and Varcoe as Kpp then.

All other players will be classified by prospectus, we can't have a blanket rule where they are all Kpp or none are. I think a height restriction, although imperfect, would be the best way to seperate the Carlisle's and Hendersons from the Sucklings and Varcoes.
There's issues both ways - Bont will be kpp if it height (didn't check his height but assume is the case).

Maybe have height and pos together?

Prospectus will tell us KPF and KPDs. I'd be pretty happy that anyone who is M/F or M/D would be a general defender or forward (because they play midfield after all, they are hardly KP). And we should assume all R/F and R/D are KPF/KPD.

Cmon guys. Surely common sense prevails.
Don't line someone up at chb if they aren't one.
I cant think of a player who i couldn't tell you if they are a KP player or not. Its pretty straight forward

KPD and KPF are prospectus, obviously a R/F can play KPF.

Even the D/F are easy to pick. Out of all the D/F's name one that is a close call? (Someone with SC gold)

There's issues both ways - Bont will be kpp if it height (didn't check his height but assume is the case).

Maybe have height and pos together?

Maybe this is the best way...

Single position defender or forward = Prospectus will tell us

Dual position def/fwd and Ruck = Kpp

dual position def/fwd and mid = Non-kpp

Dual position forward and defender and 190cm+ = Kpp

Dual position forward and defender and 189cm- = Non-kpp

I cant think of a player who i couldn't tell you if they are a KP player or not. Its pretty straight forward
I agree there is only potential confusion over a few players.

I have one of them in Adam Tomlinson. When he is in the 22 he pretty much plays anywhere including ruck, forward, defender or on the wings. He was classed as a Key Forward last year and a Def/For this year.

I drafted him primarily as a key defender and aim to pick him as such assuming he gets in the Bulldogs 22. He's listed as 193cm but is probably a little taller than that now. He averaged a very KPP-like 59-odd last year, but I have to admit I'm hoping he plays less KPD this year and more around the ground as that would increase his scores (although I'd settle for him being a regular in the 22 at this point).

Does anyone have any objections in me playing him as a KPD this season?

Common sense is what causes shitstorms in games like this, the more concrete rulings we have the better. If you get unlucky at least you know they're the rules and it could happen to anyone. If we have votes on things like positions it gets messy because everybody has a vested interest.

I agree there is only potential confusion over a few players.

I have one of them in Adam Tomlinson. When he is in the 22 he pretty much plays anywhere including ruck, forward, defender or on the wings. He was classed as a Key Forward last year and a Def/For this year.

I drafted him primarily as a key defender and aim to pick him as such assuming he gets in the Bulldogs 22. He's listed as 193cm but is probably a little taller than that now. He averaged a very KPP-like 59-odd last year, but I have to admit I'm hoping he plays less KPD this year and more around the ground as that would increase his scores (although I'd settle for him being a regular in the 22 at this point).

Does anyone have any objections in me playing him as a KPD this season?

I think he is a clear kpp player.

You can get messy ones though like Adam Goodes and the Bowdens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon 190+ is too small. And is should be a case u case basis.

Eg. Tomlinson yes to a KPF/KPD. However, Gilbert is not a KPD but he would be based on your heights

Keep in mind that this would only apply for players who are def/fwd dpp. There would only be a handful of them per season so worst case scenario is there would be one or two dodgy kpps per year. I can live with that over arguments around who is a kpd and who is a third tall.

I misread your post. I agree that def/mids and fwd/mids are not KPP. However, as you mentioned a Pavlich type should be able to be voted on...

Also, this year Howe and Walker become KPD and KPF using 190+ which I cannot agree on

Maybe this is the best way...

Single position defender or forward = Prospectus will tell us

Dual position def/fwd and Ruck = Kpp

dual position def/fwd and mid = Non-kpp

Dual position forward and defender and 190cm+ = Kpp

Dual position forward and defender and 189cm- = Non-kpp
Works for me

All the Def/Fwd's that are KPP players aren't debatable, they are obvious swingmen.

Howe and Walker are 190cm mediums.

Maybe 192cm+ might be fairer?

Hang on i like the idea of walker being kp. Lets stick with 190 ;)

Jk. Technically he played as a chf that year when he took the speccy over Carlisle, (was it Carlisle?)

And tidge edwards played as one too.
But lets be serious here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back