Competitions SBFFL Grand Final Teams, Scores and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here we are, after 22 long weeks we have reached the inaugural SBFFL Grand Final. It has been a great season, even if we have had some challenges and I am sure we are all hoping that our showcase match can live up to the even season we have witnessed all year.

Lockout will coincide with Supercoach lockouts this round. Please remember not to edit your initial post after lock out. If you are keeping track of your progressive scores please make a new post. If you could also make a post for your final score that will really help speed up the process.

It would be great if we could have these threads kept as neat as possible, so please post your team in your initial post only. Please try to avoid discussion in this thread until both teams have named their teams.

All match day discussion can commence after the teams are named (or after lockout if not everybody gets their team in on time.)

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DUE TO THE FINALS WE WILL BE HARSHER THAN USUAL IN RELATION TO TEAM NAMING, THERE WILL BE PENALTIES FOR LATE SUBMISSIONS.

Grand Final
Gippsland Gunslingers Vs Flaming Phoenix

Gippsland Gunslingers
FB:
N.Vlastuin J.Gibson J.Weitering
HB: G.Birchall J.McGovern S.Burgoyne
C: M.Duncan L.Hodge D.Shiel
HF: C.Rioli K.Tippett J.Watts
FF: T.Greene T.Lynch L.Breust
R: T.Goldstein J.Selwood T.Boak
I/C (From) :J.Martin S.Thompson B.Harvey C.Cameron

Emg: M.Pavlich, A.Mackie, T.Bugg

Captain:Luke Hodge
Vice Captain:Joel Selwood

In: J.Martin,
Out:N.Naitanui

Last edited:

Flaming Phoenix

FB: R. Henderson - D. Astbury - M. Broadbent
HB: B. Houli - N. Haynes - N. Wilson
C: D. Zaharakis - J. P. Kennedy - S. Selwood
HF: D. Zorko - J. Westhoff - J. Lyons
FF: M. Suckling - J. Darling - D. Menzel
R: J. Holmes - S. Coniglio (VC) - R. Gray (C)
I: R. Douglas - I. Smith - R. Bastinac - N. Graham
E: B. McGlynn, S. Wellingham, R. Schoenmakers

In: Graham, Menzel, Henderson, Suckling
Out: Mills (inj), Cooney (ret), Wellingham, McGlynn

Last edited:
In the last team meeting before the GF, Captain Fyfe gets up to speak to the group: "Guys, it's been a hard year. When Hooker and Hibberd went down with suspension, we thought we would struggle. When I re-broke my leg, the media had just about written us off for 2016. With Harley struggling with his 'calf' we just didn't have the class of some of the other teams. But each and everyone of you has banded together and have peaked at the right time of the year. We did enough to scrape into finals. We were ready to call it a successful season after winning our first final, something we didn't think likely. But fortunately for us, PetWussy's mob had a bit of a downer and just couldn't go with you blokes. Now, we face the almighty. Pound for pound on paper they might look stronger, but you boys have been through more. Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game; if we played them ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not tonight. Tonight, we fight. Tonight we stay with them, and we shut them down because we can. Tonight, we are the greatest footy team in the world. You were born to be footy players—every one of you, and you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team Armooo has. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!"

(If I could get graded on my ability to avoid Uni assignments, I'd get straight HD's).

Was he named in the team on Thursday? if so you get an emg in for him.

Not ideal still, but beats a donut.

Gippsland Gunslingers
FB:
N.Vlastuin J.Gibson J.Weitering
HB: G.Birchall J.McGovern (85) S.Burgoyne
C: M.Duncan L.Hodge D.Shiel
HF: C.Rioli K.Tippett J.Watts
FF: T.Greene T.Lynch L.Breust
R: T.Goldstein J.Selwood T.Boak
I/C (From) : J.Martin S.Thompson (96) B.Harvey C.Cameron (36)

Progressive Score: 217
Projected Score: 1664

Not a great start TBH...

Flaming Phoenix

FB: R. Henderson (107) - D. Astbury (44) - M. Broadbent (119)
HB: B. Houli (67) - N. Haynes (59) - N. Wilson (33)
C: D. Zaharakis (89) - J. P. Kennedy (155) - S. Selwood (McGlynn's 120 comes in, McGlynn/Zorko to switch positions)
HF: D. Zorko - J. Westhoff (91) - J. Lyons (68)
FF: M. Suckling - J. Darling (91) - D. Menzel (130)
R: J. Holmes - S. Coniglio (62) - R. Gray (147)
I: R. Douglas (83) - I. Smith - R. Bastinac - N. Graham (69)
E: B. McGlynn (120), S. Wellingham (73), R. Schoenmakers

Captain: R. Gray (147)

Progressive Score: 1681 (17 + C)

To play: Zorko, Suckling, Holmes, Smith, Bastinac

Well s**t....

Gippsland Gunslingers
FB:
N.Vlastuin (49) J.Gibson J.Weitering (75)
HB: G.Birchall J.McGovern (85) S.Burgoyne
C: M.Duncan (82) L.Hodge D.Shiel (102)
HF: C.Rioli K.Tippett (56) J.Watts (55)
FF: T.Greene (86) T.Lynch (86) L.Breust
R: T.Goldstein (99) J.Selwood (122) T.Boak (76)
I/C (From) : J.Martin (93) S.Thompson (96) B.Harvey (112) C.Cameron (36)

Progressive Score: 1310
Projected Score: 1883

Not a great start TBH...

Going into the final quarter of the Grand Final and it looks like it is

Zorko, Suckling, Holmes, Smith, Bastinac and 371
vs
Gibson, Burgoyne, Birchall, Hodge x 2, Rioli and Breust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really need Hawthorn to have a big win for me tomorrow, these blokes have carried me all season so it is fitting that they will be the blokes to chase down the margin in the big dance.

I am not feeling at all confident though I'm afraid...

Gunslingers Remaining Players Season Average: 619
Gunslingers Remaining Players 3/rnd Average: 639

Not sure the boys have the ammo in them...

Gippsland Gunslingers
FB:
N.Vlastuin (49) J.Gibson (64) J.Weitering (75)
HB: G.Birchall (75) J.McGovern (85) S.Burgoyne (123)
C: M.Duncan (82) L.Hodge (85 x 2 = 170) D.Shiel (102)
HF: C.Rioli (93) K.Tippett (56) J.Watts (55)
FF: T.Greene (86) T.Lynch (86) L.Breust (88)
R: T.Goldstein (99) J.Selwood (122) T.Boak (76)
I/C (From) : J.Martin (93) S.Thompson (96) B.Harvey (112) C.Cameron (36)

Final Score: 1923

Flaming Phoenix

FB: R. Henderson (107) - D. Astbury (44) - M. Broadbent (119)
HB: B. Houli (67) - N. Haynes (59) - N. Wilson (33)
C: D. Zaharakis (89) - J. P. Kennedy (155) - S. Selwood (McGlynn's 120 comes in, McGlynn/Zorko to switch positions)
HF: D. Zorko (108) - J. Westhoff (91) - J. Lyons (68)
FF: M. Suckling (68) - J. Darling (91) - D. Menzel (130)
R: J. Holmes (63) - S. Coniglio (62) - R. Gray (147)
I: R. Douglas (83) - I. Smith (67) - R. Bastinac (71) - N. Graham (69)
E: B. McGlynn (120), S. Wellingham (73), R. Schoenmakers

Captain: R. Gray (147)

Final Score: 2058

PetWussy TJ17 Left_Billings St Kilda Death saintbatty majortinkle 12Chill CursingFijian

Please join me in congratulating Phoenix_9 for taking out the SBFFL premiership. What an achievement to come from 6th place to take out the whole competition.

What a horrifying thought to consider that our premiers will be significantly bolstered by the return of Hooker, Hibberd, Fyfe, Hooker and Bennell next season but with some time to tinker hopefully the pack will be able to put together a strong challenge and we will be able to have another really even season in 2017.

Keep an eye out for the re-distribution draft which will commence on Saturday 3 September 2016. I will get the draft pool and order up as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your efforts this season.

I cannot believe my run continued, and culminated in the premiership! What an exciting finish to the inaugural season of this league! My hat goes off to everyone involved in making it such a fun and competitive part of my week. I have to thank Robbie Gray, he really lifted in finals, like a true champion. I only hope this is the first season of a long lived competition. Commiserations to Armoooo, you put together an amazing squad and were hard pressed not to get the chocolates. Thanks heaps for setting this up. Onwards and upwards to 2017!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back