Competitions SBFFL Match Day Thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

A number of my forwards let me down this week. A disappointing end to 2018, but well done to Orasia Fantazio, best of luck in the preliminary final!
Thanks mate, very unlucky! You were the better team all year just a few unlucky injuries and subpar efforts from a select few! I'm sure after a solid offseason your boys will come back stronger than ever in 2019!

Unlucky mate very stiff on a few scores
Cheers mate. I could try and make a case for feeling hard done by based on the previous couple of weeks, but to be honest it was those weeks that were the outliers - I was the runt of the finals based on scores over the year so fair enough result.

Congrats and good luck - you had a couple of injuries in the week as well so I hope they get up for the next round as you'll need them a I think.

Thanks mate, very unlucky! You were the better team all year just a few unlucky injuries and subpar efforts from a select few! I'm sure after a solid offseason your boys will come back stronger than ever in 2019!
Only 30-odd points difference over the year - as good a 50:50 as you could find I reckon.

We've had a winner from 6th before I think so you never know...

I was already the walking wounded up forward now Fantasia and Walters both go twang!! Lucky they were kind enough to put up respectable scores before breaking down again. But my forward line will be really scraping the bottom of the barrel this week! Thank god JDG is back and firing!

Damn made it to the eliminations, against the minor premiers and both my key fwds drop in Hogan and Dixon. A new FA in finals time! Either Kersten or Pederson?
Damn, didn't think about that Pedersen will fill Hogan's role. Just thought young Jongy might be able to get some cheap points against the Blues rabble

PetWussy thats super unlucky...big boy is a chance to return though!
Missing Hogan, Dixon, Daniher, S.Reid, Bruce all key fwds..
Missing Talia, Hombsch, Austin, Hamling all key defenders.
Also just lost lambert and recently nic nat so theres a bit of talent missing from young guns. If McEvoy doesn't make it thatll be 8 best 22 out for a final. Good test of depth. Best of Luck Jonzi , clearly the best team for '18.

Missing Hogan, Dixon, Daniher, S.Reid, Bruce all key fwds..
Missing Talia, Hombsch, Austin, Hamling all key defenders.
Also just lost lambert and recently nic nat so theres a bit of talent missing from young guns. If McEvoy doesn't make it thatll be 8 best 22 out for a final. Good test of depth. Best of Luck Jonzi , clearly the best team for '18.
Ahh now cotchin. This week is going to hurt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonzi FC
B: P. Seedsman () D. Rampe () S. Murray ()

HB: J. Crisp () R. Tarrant () S. Thompson ()

C: J. Polec () L. Whitfield VC () R. Sloane ()

HF: S. Edwards () T. Hawkins () K. Langford ()

F: I. Heeney () B. Brown () J. Stringer ()

R: C. Sinclair () T. Mitchell C () J. O’Meara ()

I: E. Curnow () L. Shiels () M. Bontempelli () S. Darcy ()

Total:

EMG: Byrne-Jones, Hanners, Cox Schache, Neal-Bullen

Out: McStay, Powell-Pepper, Neal-Bullen
In: Seedsman, Darcy, Langford

Last edited:
Knight 2 a GunFyfe Preliminary Final Team

Captain: Clayton Oliver
Vice Captain: Gary Ablett

B: L. Hodge (89), S. May (77), B. Hardwick (71)

HB: N.Vlastuin (74), J.Mcgovern (64), B. Maynard (121)

C: G. Ablett (112), J. Selwood (109), M. Duncan (109)

HF: J. De Goey (76), J. Gunston (140), L. Jong (74)

F: M. Walters (70), A. Francis (94), J. Cripps (96)

R: T. Goldstein (95), L. Parker (159), C. Oliver (186)

I: S. Burgoyne (124), C. McKenna (92), T.Phillips (81), J. Ziebell (60)

Emergencies:
B: A. Naughton ()
C: W. Hoskin-Elliott (67)
R: B. Preuss ()
F: S. Petrevski-Seton ()
I: C. Spargo ()

Total Score:2173

In: L. Jong
Out: O. Fantasia

Good Luck Left_Billings

Last edited:
Knight 2 a GunFyfe Preliminary Final Team

Captain: Clayton Oliver
Vice Captain: Gary Ablett

B: L. Hodge (), S. May (), B. Hardwick ()

HB: N.Vlastuin (), J.Mcgovern (), B. Maynard ()

C: G. Ablett (), J. Selwood (), M. Duncan ()

HF: J. De Goey (), J. Gunston (), S. Petrevski-Seton ()

F: M. Walters (), A. Francis (), J. Cripps ()

R: T. Goldstein (), L. Parker (), C. Oliver ()

I: S. Burgoyne (), C. McKenna (), T.Phillips (), J. Ziebell ()

Emergencies:
B: A. Naughton ()
C: W. Hoskin-Elliott ()
R: B. Preuss ()
F: T. Miles ()
I: W. Brodie ()

Total Score:

In: S. Petrevski-Seton
Out: O. Fantasia

Subject to change as I toy with different combos, will depend on final teams.

Good Luck Left_Billings
Hate to do it but is Aaron Francis really considered A KPP? not sure where we settled on the requirements.

Hate to do it but is Aaron Francis really considered A KPP? not sure where we settled on the requirements.
I've been going off the post on the team lists thread.
Aaron Francis kd/kf

I believe this was was what we were going off I'm pretty sure, please confirm Phoenix_9 ?? I really hope so otherwise I'm left with no KPF's haha, he's been my FF the last 3 weeks so I would hope I would have been pulled up by now if not correct

Yep, Perfect, no issues then, good luck to you .
Thanks mate! I wouldn't expect him to set the world on fire against the Tigs tonight anyway, he's just all I had left with no Kennedy, Lynch or Stewart!

Who would've thought I would regret trading Jack Watts?! He might put up a respectable score against the Pies and their lack of KPD's this week.

Thanks mate! I wouldn't expect him to set the world on fire against the Tigs tonight anyway, he's just all I had left with no Kennedy, Lynch or Stewart!

Who would've thought I would regret trading Jack Watts?! He might put up a respectable score against the Pies and their lack of KPD's this week.
Gunna be a real hindsight moment nonetheless, will be a real tight contest i reckon.

Gents,
If you check UF i ping ponged around kersten and pederson..put the request in thursday night to swap (gray out just incase) once peds was named EIC and it said itd process and be reflected in my lineup on the friday but now it says on monday. Is there anyway i can process it quicker or am I a man down..bloody injury carnage have 14 men not playing this week

I've been going off the post on the team lists thread.

I believe this was was what we were going off I'm pretty sure, please confirm Phoenix_9 ?? I really hope so otherwise I'm left with no KPF's haha, he's been my FF the last 3 weeks so I would hope I would have been pulled up by now if not correct
Yeah, going off the prospectus, not sure how but he got KPF classification but he did. So he’s all good

Gents,
If you check UF i ping ponged around kersten and pederson..put the request in thursday night to swap (gray out just incase) once peds was named EIC and it said itd process and be reflected in my lineup on the friday but now it says on monday. Is there anyway i can process it quicker or am I a man down..bloody injury carnage have 14 men not playing this week
I don’t know what to say, I can’t really process it now... because you had dropped Kersten there was the time period where he was locked into waivers and there wasn’t enough time before Fridays lockout for it to go through. Would need a gentleman’s agreement for it to be allowed... but they’d be within their right to disallow it. A happy medium would be for you to take half your forward emergencies score.

I don’t know what to say, I can’t really process it now... because you had dropped Kersten there was the time period where he was locked into waivers and there wasn’t enough time before Fridays lockout for it to go through. Would need a gentleman’s agreement for it to be allowed... but they’d be within their right to disallow it. A happy medium would be for you to take half your forward emergencies score.
If it hasn’t processed in UF I’m ok with it...play the full score for Pederson/kerston...good luck

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back