SBFFL Match Day Thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry TheSmokies, but for the first time in the history of this league my boys have gone three on the trot! Have we done enough to leap frog majortinkle who looks like he might have slumped to a second consecutive loss?

1557660636769.png

Well done boys!

PSA: Everyone trade Tom Lynch and/or Aaron Francis into your classic teams this week because they're guaranteed to go 130+ this week

B: B. Maynard (67), A. Naughton (97), A. McGrath (80)

HB: J. Sicily (105), M. Hore (89), S. Savage (104)

C: G. Ablett (86), C. Oliver (C) (350), M.Duncan (VC) (124)

HF: J. Cripps (114), J. Gunston (93), S. Petrevski-Seton (61)

F: O. Fantasia (83), P. Wright (49), J. Gresham (45)

R: T. Goldstein (79), L. Hunter (113), T. Phillips (81)

I: T. Miller (65), M. Kreuzer (109), C. Mayne (44), D. Simpson (49)

Total: 2087

Emergencies:
B: A. Francis (49)
C: S. Burgoyne (63)
R:
F: T. Lynch (74)
I: A. McDonald-Tipungwuti (74)

IN: A.Naughton, B. Maynard, P. Wright, C. Mayne, D. Simpson, M. Kreuzer
Out: A.Francis, N. Vlastuin, T. Lynch, J. Hately, S. Burgoyne, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti
2087 This week, Saved by Clarry.

My 100% strike rate of picking the wrong FF continues though

Flaming Phoenix Round 8

FB: M. Suckling (100) - H. Taylor (86) - Haynes (54)
HB: Houli (106) - C. Hooker (84) - Mills (96)
C: Zaharakis (81) - J.P. Kennedy (116) - D. Zorko (114)
HF: Stephenson (87) - Westhoff (41) - M. Walters (96)
FF: T.Lynch (111) - M. Taberner (87) - J. Darling (69)
R: B. Grundy (141) - Fyfe (133) - Coniglio (75)
I: N. Wilson (27) - Dumont (89) - R. Henderson (120) - N. Jones (111)
Captain: B. Grundy (141)

Total Score: 2165

Sorry TheSmokies, but for the first time in the history of this league my boys have gone three on the trot! Have we done enough to leap frog majortinkle who looks like he might have slumped to a second consecutive loss?

View attachment 672681

Well done boys!
3rd straight defeat mate - get it right!!!

1,777 for me - my poorest for a couple of seasons I reckon - Captain and ruckman both going off injured in their first halves didn't help, but not the reason I lost.....a lot of bang average scores

Some notable outs 4 best 18 players for almost any club.
Young Guns Rd 8
Hurn (107) - Wilkie (62) - Salem (122)
B.Smith (71) - Talia (91) - Rich (101)
Libba (72) - Scully (86) - Swallow (116)
McEvoy (102) - B.Hill (67) - Yeo (115)
Dangerfield (198) - S.Reid (81) - D.Smith (71)
Mclean (33) - Hogan (64) - Lambert (112)
Miles (60) - Byrne Jones (66) - Duggan (72)- Thurlow (78)

Total = 1947 / 22 played

Emg
Marchbank 92
Motlop 64
Preuss
Membrey 59
Webster 62

In Miles, Thurlow, Byrne Jones, Duggan
Out Ebert, Beams, Wingard, Daniher

Just thought I’d put it out there, what is the reasoning behind not allowing loopholing? I reckon it adds another level of strategy and interest over the weekend. But that’s just my opinion.

Forgive me since I am still newish in the league and missed the first few years and not sure what has been discussed in the past. I understand it would’ve been difficult before UF but I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work now. Anyway feel free to tell me it’s a stupid idea I just thought I’d open it up for discussion.

Just thought I’d put it out there, what is the reasoning behind not allowing loopholing? I reckon it adds another level of strategy and interest over the weekend. But that’s just my opinion.

Forgive me since I am still newish in the league and missed the first few years and not sure what has been discussed in the past. I understand it would’ve been difficult before UF but I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work now. Anyway feel free to tell me it’s a stupid idea I just thought I’d open it up for discussion.
I agree.

Originally as you say it wasn’t possible but now it’s more the massive advantage someone would have if they had the time over the weekend. With 44 man squads and picks for the future you could loop 5 every week. Just handing it to the guy with time on their hands I reckon.

Originally as you say it wasn’t possible but now it’s more the massive advantage someone would have if they had the time over the weekend. With 44 man squads and picks for the future you could loop 5 every week. Just handing it to the guy with time on their hands I reckon.
Yes, no. I agree with you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 8 team - not too shabby........

As for looping, have to say no as well - simply unfair to those who don't sit on their pc/phone all weekend. Simples.

DEF: Lienert 123, Weits 67, Jones 76, Brown 87, Weller 106, Answerth 49
MID: Berry 70, Zerrett 129, Sidey 100, Cripps 240, Murph 82
FWD: Lobb 128, Curnow 57, Fish 55, Simpkin 77, Paps 52, MacPherson 109
RCK: Lycett 104
I/C: Powell 71, Cerra 54, Dawson 69, Ross 15

TOTAL: 1920

Fair points made by all, I personally like it as it adds interest over the weekend and adds value to squads with depth instead of just top end talent.

I play footy in a small country town and very often don't have reception on Saturdays but in Classic I strategically put VC's and E's on players I am able to swap and change in the times I'll have reception. Like I said, more than happy to keep it as is, the league is running pretty smoothly without chopping and changing rules (take note AFL). Just thought I'd put it out there in case there was a silent majority agreeing with me.

Bit of controversy here.
PetWussy Left_Billings
Thought I'd go add it up myself as a 3rd party.
However I've already found the discrepancy.
Pet, you are counting danger as captain.
But on UF you have danger vc, Duggan C..
Quite obvious you made a mistake there and no doubt you meant to have danger.

Tough call, wish you had of made this mistake (24 points I think the diff was?) On a week when the margin was a bit bigger between the 2 teams!

Really tough call, and 1 of you is bound to be really pissed off, and both have a decent argument to claim victory.

For me, I'd say unfortunately we need to go by what's on UF.
So we go with lefty's scores.

Anyone else feel free to like this post to back me in here, or put up an argument.
Sorry pet!

*ing dog it would've been cause beams was listed as my captain for multiple weeks and I swapped him with duggan...I already announced danger to be my captain week in week out last week when my house was broken into (he scored 26) and obv missed that duggan was my captain. Split up with the misses too so this weekend fantasy was far from my mind

ruddy dog it would've been cause beams was listed as my captain for multiple weeks and I swapped him with duggan...I already announced danger to be my captain week in week out last week when my house was broken into (he scored 26) and obv missed that duggan was my captain. Split up with the misses too so this weekend fantasy was far from my mind
I'll take the L though in the spirit, team shouldn't have even gotten up after last week and my outs

ruddy dog it would've been cause beams was listed as my captain for multiple weeks and I swapped him with duggan...I already announced danger to be my captain week in week out last week when my house was broken into (he scored 26) and obv missed that duggan was my captain. Split up with the misses too so this weekend fantasy was far from my mind
Also crashed my car leaving work in rain on Friday so that completed the hatrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back