SBFFL Match Day Thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Christensen 4 game average of 86.5 in for his first game of the season over McKernan... gets injured and scores an 11. It’s moments like these that make fantasy sports so frustrating. Watch McKernan go large now.
Bloody frustrating injuries in fantasy.
I reckon AFL should have subs for injury, ridiculous having a team play a man/2/3 down.
Fantasy should let us at least take a bench score over an injury in the first half.
Been burned before by first Q injuries.
Possibly something we as a league can implement a rule for in the future.

1713/17
Still to come:
Burgoyne
Roughy
Gunston
Sicily
Miller

Last edited:
Had me worried.
1713/17
Still to come:
Burgoyne
Roughy
Gunston
Sicily
Miller
I was 1715 from 19! before dogs match.
Even though Macrae let me down slightly by his standard (chasing goldys 350 and he has his 4th lowest score of the year)
But a solid 105, JJ 99 and worp the Lord 142!
Your hawks let you down sic/silk/Gunston coasted as they flogged the suns.
Touk on track for a good score then went missing in the last Q.

Think I was the only bloke in Australia not able to get behind roughy!!

Ended up 2166, thanks to Worp.
Had a lot of solid 80-90s only a few poor ones.
You had a few monsters and Goldy had me stressed. But too many sub 70s to carry the total I believe.

Flaming Phoenix Preliminary Final Team

FB: M. Suckling (91) - T. Jonas (63) - Haynes (116)
HB: Houli (145) - C. Hooker (Emg. H. Taylor - 72) - Mills (89)
C: N. Fyfe (101) - J.P. Kennedy (97) - R. Henderson (68)
HF: R. Gray (55) - J. Westhoff (72) - M. Walters (124)
FF: A. Christensen (11) - J. Darling (74) - T. Lynch (44)
R: B. Grundy (123) - J. Lyons (141) - D. Zorko (104)
I: N. Jones (61) - T. Dumont (73) - D. Zaharakis (18) - I. Smith (111)
Captain: N. Fyfe (101)
Total = 1954

Zaharakis and Christensen killed me :(

Puzzles FC 1576 (18 Played + C)

Flaming Phoenix 1565 (18 Played + C)

Phoenix_9 going to go down to the wire.
1576 + Z. Williams (106), T. Greene (115), Himmelberg (57), O'Brien (86).
Total = 1940.

I don't have the rest of your scores, but assuming you added up correctly to 1576, I've pipped you by 14!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had me worried.

I was 1715 from 19! before dogs match.
Even though Macrae let me down slightly by his standard (chasing goldys 350 and he has his 4th lowest score of the year)
But a solid 105, JJ 99 and worp the Lord 142!
Your hawks let you down sic/silk/Gunston coasted as they flogged the suns.
Touk on track for a good score then went missing in the last Q.

Think I was the only bloke in Australia not able to get behind roughy!!

Ended up 2166, thanks to Worp.
Had a lot of solid 80-90s only a few poor ones.
You had a few monsters and Goldy had me stressed. But too many sub 70s to carry the total I believe.
Yep got me mate. 2085 for me. Good luck in the granny! Wrong side of the fixture judging by the other scores!

That last game was the killer, Worpel scoring nearly 100 more than Sicily the difference in the end.

I’m going to take Left_Billings like of my post to mean that it is St Kilda Death in the grand final and against myself.

Commiserations to LB and OF on great seasons.

Look forward to an injury free battle between the top 2 sides of the home and away season (think it’s a first for our league). Best of luck mate!
Yep 2 very deserving grand finalists. The 2 best sides all year! The only other you could make a case for would be the unlucky CursingFijian. Bright side for Cursing is he gets to add a pick 6 to that team chock full of young talent.

As for my team I’m just glad trading isn’t open yet because I probably would’ve rage traded Sicily by now.

Deserving Finalists, and that means there will be a new champion this year. Have we had a back to back champion yet? Like all good teams they're both hitting their straps at the right time of year.

Orasia Fantazio you get to challenge for a portion of the prize money against Left_Billings this week in the dreaded 3rd place playoff.

Deserving Finalists, and that means there will be a new champion this year. Have we had a back to back champion yet? Like all good teams they're both hitting their straps at the right time of year.

Orasia Fantazio you get to challenge for a portion of the prize money against Left_Billings this week in the dreaded 3rd place playoff.

Yep I’m going for back to back 3rds!

No matter what I’ll own picks 7 & 8

If I recall correctly:
I won in 2016 (I was underdog against Armoooo).
PetWussy won 2017 (beat me in the GF).
Left_Billings won 2018 (beat PetWussy in the GF)
2019 should be a good battle! Can I make it 2 premierships from 3 GF appearances, or will St Kilda Death win his first cup in his maiden GF!?
My money would be on the minor premier! But I won’t go down without a fight!

Phoenix_9
I have been lucky to beat you twice this year, but you had outscored me 14-4 up until we met the 2nd time in R20.
I have hit form however and outscored you the last 3 weeks in a row.
But you still have the proven higher ceiling.
Should be a good battle! No injuries please (looks at Christensen and Zaharakis)...
Also, I’m happy I had Taylor at Def Emg for the Hooker late out and not a Gen Def, otherwise I would have lost

Just went through and had a second add up and turns out it was closer than even first thought, good game Phoenix_9

Puzzles FC : 1946
Flaming Phoenix: 1954

8 points. A cruel game it is.
When I saw that you had me tagged, my first instinct was, oh s**t, he added up wrong and I’ve lost!

Good game mate, so bloody close!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back