SBFFL Match Day Thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Phoenix, we need to keep a record of the winners i've completely forgotten who the previous winners were.

Already on to nfl for a few of us. If you're free wednesday night at 10pm lennyhayes77 has a live draft setup on espn. Orasio and I are signed up. Head over to the big footy american sports nfl find a league thread and you'll see it.

Thanks to all for their commitment again this year. Next year with no injuries I am going to be flying.....
2016: Phoenix
2017: Petwussy
2018: Left_Billings
2019 Phoenix

Sweet, I'll consider joining it.

I become pretty obsessed with the NFL fantasy league I'm already in. 8th season coming up... I've lost 3 SuperBowls, and been the highest scoring team 4/7 years in regular season... so I'm pretty adamant on winning the bloody thing!!!

Also, what's people's thoughts on a potential re-draft of the league? (probably not for the 2020 season, because I want CF's young guns to win a premiership).

The initial draft was so much fun! Would also put everyone on an even playing ground again.

*Note, its not because I have an ageing list :p

Also, what's people's thoughts on a potential re-draft of the league? (probably not for the 2020 season, because I want CF's young guns to win a premiership).

The initial draft was so much fun! Would also put everyone on an even playing ground again.

Congrats Phoenix on your second championship. I think everybody knew if you went big you were always going to be hard to beat. My boys are getting awfully close (they scored 2219 this week!), but the enjoyment of the game is in the drafting and trading for sure, so I'm up for anything that increases our engagement in those aspects.

Yep nothing beats that first draft.
Just chasing the dragon every year, but fun trading and rookie draft too.

Think it defeats the purpose of a dynasty league to redraft.
But if I was a minority in that view I sure wouldn't hate doing it.

Yep nothing beats that first draft.
Just chasing the dragon every year, but fun trading and rookie draft too.

Think it defeats the purpose of a dynasty league to redraft.
But if I was a minority in that view I sure wouldn't hate doing it.
That initial draft was the best!

It's tough, if we do one more year and then vouch to re-draft? (5 years is pretty long, even for a dynasty league)

I'll happily continue in its current format for many years to come though, I'm easy.

I just know a couple of the newcomers teams are a bit weaker, and a re-draft would level the playing field.

Also, I could do away with the Captaincy, I feel having Grundy as captain is a leg up on the rest...

I’d be against the idea of a re-draft, I’m only new here but as has been mentioned it kind of defeats the purpose of a keeper league.

If you’ve got an itch to go through another draft I’ve actually been toying with the idea of starting another keeper league with a few mates (still very keen on sticking around here) probably not based on bigfooty though. It would be a cash league, I’d see how many people I could rustle up before deciding squad sizes and whatnot. I’ve only got about 4 definites atm so if anyone is interested in being in another comp hit me up!

I’d be against the idea of a re-draft, I’m only new here but as has been mentioned it kind of defeats the purpose of a keeper league.

If you’ve got an itch to go through another draft I’ve actually been toying with the idea of starting another keeper league with a few mates (still very keen on sticking around here) probably not based on bigfooty though. It would be a cash league, I’d see how many people I could rustle up before deciding squad sizes and whatnot. I’ve only got about 4 definites atm so if anyone is interested in being in another comp hit me up!
Fair enough!

If you do start another cash keeper league with a draft, keep me posted, I'll join!

Congrats Phoenix, we need to keep a record of the winners i've completely forgotten who the previous winners were.

Already on to nfl for a few of us. If you're free wednesday night at 10pm lennyhayes77 has a live draft setup on espn. Orasio and I are signed up. Head over to the big footy american sports nfl find a league thread and you'll see it.

Thanks to all for their commitment again this year. Next year with no injuries I am going to be flying.....
That league that Lenny set up is his quirky one with points for Head coaches and Punters. I’ve joined just because I’m interested to see how it’s going to work haha. If anyone is going to start another one I’ll be keen to join

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be keen to join the other keeper league.

I also don’t like the idea of a re-draft however my list is pretty good. Maybe we could help the other lists out another way with priority picks etc.

Also don’t mind the idea of no captain. Thanks again for another year and well done Phoenix on winning! Cheers

Agree captains could be done away with.
Been blessed with Macrae for the last 2 years but before he broke out I knew the struggle chasing a captain every week.

Hows this lads.
I've set up an NFL league on ESPN.
Standard settings 10 team PPR. Draft next Monday 10pm
(None of which is set in stone)

Too late this year, but if we can get a good crew like we have here for our AFL I'm thinking set up a dynasty cash league to draft next August.

majortinkle Orasia Fantazio Phoenix_9

LennyHayes77 ?

How bout the rest of Yas Jonzi Left_Billings CursingFijian PetWussy TheSmokies interested?
Surely simonoz is?

Hows this lads.

Too late this year, but if we can get a good crew like we have here for our AFL I'm thinking set up a dynasty cash league to draft next August.

LennyHayes77 ?

How bout the rest of Yas Jonzi Left_Billings CursingFijian PetWussy TheSmokies interested?
Surely simonoz is?
Yeah count me in...I don’t know much about the NFL but I’m sure a fantasy league will get me interested

Hows this lads.

LennyHayes77 ?

Surely simonoz is?
It doesn't seem to let me join... I can pm you an email, and see if inviting me works?

Hows this lads.

LennyHayes77 ?

Surely simonoz is?
That initial draft was the best!

It's tough, if we do one more year and then vouch to re-draft? (5 years is pretty long, even for a dynasty league)

I'll happily continue in its current format for many years to come though, I'm easy.

I just know a couple of the newcomers teams are a bit weaker, and a re-draft would level the playing field.

Also, I could do away with the Captaincy, I feel having Grundy as captain is a leg up on the rest...
One option that worked well in a previous nfl keeper league I was in was having a maximum number of years that a player can be kept before they go back into the draft. In that case it was 3 years.

It leads to more talent in the draft each year and some interesting valuations - is 1 year of Grundy worth 2 years of Cunnington

One option that worked well in a previous nfl keeper league I was in was having a maximum number of years that a player can be kept before they go back into the draft. In that case it was 3 years.

It leads to more talent in the draft each year and some interesting valuations - is 1 year of Grundy worth 2 years of Cunnington
That’s an interesting thought! Could make things interesting.
Another idea is to pick a certain amount of players you retain and everyone else goes back into the draft?
Say you keep 10(potentially more), and everyone else goes back into the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back