Competitions SBFFL (The St Kilda Board Fantasy Football Leage) - Official Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me a week going on holidays to qld
Sounds delicious! Enjoy.

Flaming/Blazing Phoenix would like to thank the following players for their service to the club.

Adam Cooney played most of the season before retiring before the grand final. Although he won't retire as a premiership player, he played an important role for the club. Retired.

Simpkin you were picked up to cover Hibberd, and when you weren't injured, you were pretty s**t. Go back to the VFL. Delisted.

And finally rookie Tom Keough, cheers mate. Go back and rip up the SANFL! Delisted.

Do we need a separate National Draft and PSD? It would surely make more sense to combine them into one draft and then follow with a rookie draft (any zero game players). I'm not sure that I'd want to be required to take 3 picks from the thin pool that is the 2016 National Draft and then still make room to hit the PSD and get gems from the rest of the available players.

If we must separate them, surely our version of the National Draft should be open to all zero game players, not just the small pool of real world 2016 Draftees.

Sorry to nag on this one, it would be good to get a landing so that we can start setting up trades that involve draft picks.

Sorry to nag on this one, it would be good to get a landing so that we can start setting up trades that involve draft picks.
Sorry mate, overlooked this.

National Draft will stay separate, we can discuss changing it for next season if people think it's redundant.

I think it just makes finding that under 18 gem a little bit more special when you drafted them rather than having them all be free agent signings.

Armoooo what are the rules surrounding rookies? If we want to upgrade a rookie that takes up one draft selection right? And if we want to put someone from our main list back to the rookie list do we effectively open them up to be selected by other teams?

A rookie upgrade takes up one of your minimum three selections. It does not necessarily need to take a draft pick however.

If you go into the draft with only a first and a second rounder you will be able to promote any rookies with a 6th round pick. (6-9th round picks only open if you want to upgrade a rookie).

If you have previously upgraded a rookie during the season, they returned to the rookie list after the grand final. You can keep a rookie for two years, you can either retain or delist.

If you delist they will be eligible for the PSD and if they are not selected there may move into the rookie draft (if they have played under 10 games). If they are not selected in either draft they would then join the free agents pool.

If a player is on your senior list and you would like them on your rookie list you would need to delist them and hope that they're not selected in the PSD or before the pick you intend to use on them in the rookie draft.

It is also important to note that list spaces are locked in prior to the national draft.

If you go in there five empty spots you can only select five players across the national and PSD drafts. If you use your five picks in the national draft you won't be allocated any PSD picks, if you select three players you will get two picks on the PSD etc. If you delist players between drafts you don't get any extra PSD picks.

. If you delist players between drafts you don't get any extra PSD picks.

Thanks for the rest of the explanation - can I just query this? Why we wouldn't delisting a player after the National Draft but before the PSD give you an extra PSD pick? You have that space on your list and have made the player available to all other managers to take in the PSD.

Or are you simply saying that you would have a space on your list that you could fill from the waiver wire?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the rest of the explanation - can I just query this? Why we wouldn't delisting a player after the National Draft but before the PSD give you an extra PSD pick? You have that space on your list and have made the player available to all other managers to take in the PSD.

Or are you simply saying that you would have a space on your list that you could fill from the waiver wire?

Managing list spaces is part of the challenge of managing your list. For example, I am only planning on taking 3 picks (potentially one of them as a rookie upgrade).

As a result of this I will probably go into the drafts with 4 open list spaces to allow me to take one pick in the PSD. If hypothetically a few players slip through our National Draft I don't think it's fair for me to then delist a coupe of players between drafts so I can get another bite at the cherry in the PSD.
If this were the case, the smart list management option would be to keep as many players as possible prior to the National Draft and then weigh up your further delistings after the National Draft. Undermines the importance of list lodgement and takes out an element of strategy.

Current National Draft Order as I have it, happy to keep this updated through trades or Armoooo can copy it and start a new post.

Round 1

1. CanonEyes

2. CanonEyes (from 12Chill’s Chargers)

3. Drouin Danger

4. CanonEyes (from Puzzles FC)

5. Drouin Danger (from Ghetto Targets via CanonEyes)

6. East Coast Wolves

7. Futile FC

8. Young Guns

9. Puzzles FC (from Gippsland Gunslingers via CanonEyes)

10. Puzzles FC (from Flaming Phoenix via CanonEyes)

Round 2

11. 12Chills Chargers (from CanonEyes)

12. 12Chill’s Chargers

13. Drouin Danger

14. Puzzles FC

15. Ghetto Targets

16. East Coast Wolves

17. Futile FC

18. Young Guns

19. Gippsland Gunslingers

20. Flaming Phoenix

Round 3

21. Flaming Phoenix (from CanonEyes)

22. 12Chill’s Chargers

23. Drouin Danger

24. CanonEyes (from Puzzles FC)

25. Ghetto Targets

26. East Coast Wolves

27. Futile FC

28. Young Guns

29. Drouin Danger (from Gippsland Gunslingers)

30. Flaming Phoenix

Round 4

31. CanonEyes

32. 12Chill’s Chargers

33. Drouin Danger

34. Puzzles FC

35. Ghetto Targets

36. East Coast Wolves

37. Futile FC

38. Young Guns

39. Gippsland Gunslingers

40. Flaming Phoenix

Round 5

41. CanonEyes

42. 12Chill’s Chargers

43. Drouin Danger

44. Puzzles FC

45. Ghetto Targets

46. East Coast Wolves

47. Futile FC

48. Young Guns

49. Gippsland Gunslingers

50. Flaming Phoenix

Last edited:
Sounds delicious! Enjoy.

Flaming/Blazing Phoenix would like to thank the following players for their service to the club.

Adam Cooney played most of the season before retiring before the grand final. Although he won't retire as a premiership player, he played an important role for the club. Retired.

Simpkin you were picked up to cover Hibberd, and when you weren't injured, you were pretty s**t. Go back to the VFL. Delisted.

And finally rookie Tom Keough, cheers mate. Go back and rip up the SANFL! Delisted.
Also cutting Premiership ruckman Jason Holmes. Was a pleasure having you play for the last 2 weeks. Will forever be welcome back at the club. Best of luck in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back