Vincent Chase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2011
MadiZen Square Garden.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Jets
Did anybody catch any of this the other night?

[YOUTUBE]B7jsAzvqmeU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Holy s**t parts of that made me rage.

brb taking a protein shake instead of going out and spending money on alcohol is a bad thing.

That bloke in the red bandana is the biggest tool i have ever seen.

Re: Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

^ Yep, watched it.

The poor 14 year old kid being singled out and backed into a corner was disgraceful. Basically pushed him into saying that he would consider steroids.

And the guy who was like "yeah, I cycled steroids for 8 years" (great physique for an 8 year test veteran, by the way), was an absolute knob. Questioning the other guy out the front about his supplementation saying that it's all synthetic chemicals and he shouldn't be taking any of it, he needs to give his body food. The guy responded with "yeah, I do. I eat 6-8 meals a day making sure to get good amounts of protein, carbs and fats." The reply? "No, you need to feed your body real food, you need 5-9 meals a day." The dude was a mess when it came to understanding things.

He also said that he experienced a bad side effect from steroids so he spoke to his naturopath about it and got her advice.

^ nt sure if srs.

Joke of an episode and SBS Insight got blasted for it. Their site and facebook page were getting hundreds of comments and many from rec body builders with science degrees or doctorates saying that it was all uninformed, biased bullshit.

^ Yep, watched it.

The poor 14 year old kid being singled out and backed into a corner was disgraceful. Basically pushed him into saying that he would consider steroids.

And the guy who was like "yeah, I cycled steroids for 8 years" (great physique for an 8 year test veteran, by the way), was an absolute knob. Questioning the other guy out the front about his supplementation saying that it's all synthetic chemicals and he shouldn't be taking any of it, he needs to give his body food. The guy responded with "yeah, I do. I eat 6-8 meals a day making sure to get good amounts of protein, carbs and fats." The reply? "No, you need to feed your body real food, you need 5-9 meals a day." The dude was a mess when it came to understanding things.

He also said that he experienced a bad side effect from steroids so he spoke to his naturopath about it and got her advice.

^ nt sure if srs.

Joke of an episode and SBS Insight got blasted for it. Their site and facebook page were getting hundreds of comments and many from rec body builders with science degrees or doctorates saying that it was all uninformed, biased bullshit.

5082f7ea_Slow-Clap.gif

I also lol'd when that bloke goes "lets compare blood samples then", after that 18yo said his doctor thinks his completely healthy.

Did anybody catch any of this the other night?

[YOUTUBE]B7jsAzvqmeU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Holy s**t parts of that made me rage.

brb taking a protein shake instead of going out and spending money on alcohol is a bad thing.

That bloke in the red bandana is the biggest tool i have ever seen.
And they say you can't judge a book by it's cover!!!

Yeah was a bit of a joke. I think i saw more of the end of it, not sure how long it went for.

Hated that guy that was telling people to eat this, dont take this and yet he did an 8 year steroid cycle. Good on ya mate.

Yeah was a bit of a joke. I think i saw more of the end of it, not sure how long it went for.

Hated that guy that was telling people to eat this, dont take this and yet he did an 8 year steroid cycle. Good on ya mate.

So much this.

Yet he still doesn't look like he lifts.

^ nt sure if srs.

Haha, what an absolute clown that guy was.

It came as no suprise to learn that he takes his expert advice from a naturapath. :D

The funny thing was the 14 year old knew more about a healthy diet than most of the condescending audience.

i didn't watch this one but they did a t one last yr that got a bit of airtime...they secretly recorded a lot of dodgy pt's in parks and stuff but sadly it wasn't too far from the truth

BTW, what do you guys think was the pre-workout drink the 18 year old guy was taking that his mum tried? Sounds pretty good.

White Flood.

High in caffeine but good otherwise.

Value for money too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah that does sound like what he said.

Have you tried it? Better than Jack3d?
I have tried it, yes.

Put it this way; if I were to go back to either one of those, I'd go back to White Flood. But I'm not very caffeine tolerant (probably my only real issue with it) as I think it has about 200mg per serve. My tolerance sits at around 150mg (about the same as one 500ml can of V/Redbull).

If you've never had one before though, go with Jack3d. It's a great starter and you can get it for around 30 bucks I think, online. Doesn't contain fillers but does have small servings of everything. Which is okay for someone new to pre-workouts. If you feel nothing. Double your serve (seriously serving size is tiny for Jack3d - I know people who got up to 4 serves which is obviously time for a different supplement.)

Wait, wait; I only saw snippets after the start, but didn't that Australian author (wearing the red bandana) get stuck into the 18 year old for "pumping himself full of chemicals" after the 18 year old said he ate healthily (which he did)?

What the feck?

Also, how do you know he still takes clen?

No, this guy

Look at the health 'supplements' this hypocrite puts into his body everyday
402496_10150669729996639_681441638_10894825_250265274_n.jpg

and what about the extremely OBSESSIVE and ORGANISED food this guy has everyday
249924_10150261636621639_681441638_8634343_640038_n.jpg

Seems like an 'obsession' with being healthy to me

..Lets not forget the photo of him infront of a mirror, flexing:
296044_10150361059291639_681441638_9598871_1816565566_n.jpg

302389_10150339899111639_681441638_9411871_4670099_n.jpg

Him standing in a SUPPLEMENT STORE
270774_10150300909296639_681441638_8986550_1500322_n.jpg

His supplement supply (Creatine much?)
248934_10150261831816639_681441638_8636415_5472846_n.jpg

"Jamie Close I can get them wholesale thru a brother of mine who runs a supplement store
June 3, 2011 at 1:08pm"

Taken the 14 year old?

What's he teaching him that he didn't already know? Seemed to me he ate healthier than any 14 year old I've ever come across.

Not the 14 year old, the 18 year old. He's taken him as a client to help him with his 'disorder'

I have tried it, yes.

Put it this way; if I were to go back to either one of those, I'd go back to White Flood. But I'm not very caffeine tolerant (probably my only real issue with it) as I think it has about 200mg per serve. My tolerance sits at around 150mg (about the same as one 500ml can of V/Redbull).

If you've never had one before though, go with Jack3d. It's a great starter and you can get it for around 30 bucks I think, online. Doesn't contain fillers but does have small servings of everything. Which is okay for someone new to pre-workouts. If you feel nothing. Double your serve (seriously serving size is tiny for Jack3d - I know people who got up to 4 serves which is obviously time for a different supplement.)
k thanks for the tips.

I drink a lot of coffee and have done so for 20 years so don't think the high caffeine levels will be a problem.

hehe natuapath's DON'T like steroids? Glad this came out.

I'm just confused by that guys stance on supplements and obsession.....

i watched this.. IT SUCKED! it seemed like they were against people exercising. and the writer with the bandanna was plain arrogant.

The only thing this show proved was that people with a preconceived idea will never change their mind.

I thought it was funny how the host kept condescendingly haranguing the 18 year old( who seem pretty normal to me quite frankly) about how he spent hours a day on his appearance and how he is wasting his life on mere aethestics when he should be doing other, apparently more important things. If I was him i would've asked her how many hours she spends a day getting her hair done, shopping for clothes, applying lippy etc. Not to mention the hours she must spend in the studio 'make-up' when she has to work.

Fancy being told by some over-coiffured middle age busybody who spends her days patronising people on T.V not to be narcissictic. I would've lost it.

I lost respect for Fitzsimons, sadly. I did laugh at how their agenda was 'weightlifting is unhealthy' and basically it's better to 'sit on the couch and be a fat s**t while reading a book.'

'Oh, by reading books it's always with you, with weightlifting you lose it after 2 weeks, therefore it's not necessary.' C'mon.

That guy who tried to pick on the 18 year old about his diet was such a w***er

Pretty bad show from both sides to be honest, but especially those criticising the lifters. I thought the most level headed person on there was the 34 year old ex roid user, he spoke really well.

The thing I'd criticise about the young lifters would be excessive supplement use, which I think is a waste of money, & also lifting for the ego rather than the rush & enjoyment of it. They were too worried about how they look & what they lifted, which was obvious, & I don't think that makes you happy. You should just do your best & accept what comes rather than always thinking about how others are percieving you and effectively lifting for their reactions rather than your own well being. But the host & audience took it further than that.

Had to shake my head when they had a go at the guy for not eating McDonalds, I mean wtf?

I think it's more a case of how the show is framed; two competing sides will generally display exaggerated arguments to support their perspective.

I would argue (but I only started going to the gym at 23 personally) the Asian kid was clearly overdoing it, but he did state it was a possible backup in terms of employment.

I think when you saw the guys who worked out speaking, majority of them were actually fairly educated, clearly healthy, and likely to be decent people. But you can see that it does affect your lifestyle (I'm not saying it's bad) and I think this just proves that it's worthy of analysing the effects to see how exercise becomes addictive.

Other point would be whether the vanity issue is what primarily drives people to train. I still don't think this is a bad thing and again lies somewhere in the middle of the road. For those who perfect their diets, work out every day, and become incredibly rigid solely for vanity purposes, I'd argue they're missing the point. Likewise there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel bigger, stronger, healthier, and better about yourself and going to the gym is a great way to achieve it.

Overall it was probably just a shitty show with overly biased audience members getting a greater share of air time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back