Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEF: Shaw, Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes, Brown (Maynard, McKenzie)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Wines, Swallow, Heeney, Boekhorst, Freeman (Vandenberg, Blakely, Steele)
RUC: Naitanui, Lycett (Cox)
FWD: Goddard, Martin, Swan, J.Martin, Salem, Hogan (Daniel, Lambert)

Not much cash left over. Hoping those in bold become keepers, which would give me 14. Hibberd obviously pending ASADA. All rookies obviously subject to change. See a lot of upside with Lycett and Martin and even if they don't become keepers hoping they become a pretty easy swap to someone down the track, will watch their NABs very closely
Like this team. Not sold on the Ruck set up tho. I know going all in like that is sure to cover for injuries, One hit in bye rounds etc etc. But you're likely giving up points every week of the season to do it IMO. While NicNat is flying I doubt Lycett would be and vice versa is all I'm thinking. I suppose it's covered you and with that Fwd/Ruc flexibility it could work. I'd just as much rather pick up the two best rucks I could is all.

Hey lads, posted here few weeks back, wasn't happy so I set some good time to do some research ect before uni starts to get my team ready, like everyone else I have a few NAB cup watchers. Having said that, I am rather happy about my team. Only concern is TBC because of Essendon saga and I only have 8k left in my kitty.

So here goes. ( Go easy )

Birchall, Broadbent, Newnes, Higgins, Ibbotson, Dick ( Goddard, Vojo-Rainbow )

Ablett, Pendelbury, Fyfe, Selwood, Dangerfield, Boekhorst, Vandeberg, Laverde ( Freeman, Steele, Lambert )

Goldstein, Bellchambers ( Cox )

Franklin, Martin, Swan, Mitchell, Clarke, Hogan ( Salem, Daniel )

Would be very open to any feedback.

On ability, I think he's definitely a good buy for his price because I expect North will be right up there this year.

HOWEVER, I don't trust his body and players who break down often hurt you in SC. If he gets injured early, replacing him isn't quite as easy as it would be if a premium was injured.
While I agree he's never been consistent enough for a SC premo, he doesn't really have a "history of breaking down", i.e., he's not fragile week-to-week. Over his career there have really been 3 main concerns:

Osteitis Pubis, which has cleared up since Scott (and maybe more importantly Saunders) came to the club
Pulmonary embolism, which affected him through a pre-season while he had to stay on anticoagulants
Last year's foot injury, which was a freak training mishap.
He also had a calf late in 2012, which hasn't so far appeared to be a recurring thing.

I haven't gone there myself, but it's interesting to consider a guy priced at 67 who could easily get 90+, even in the mids if you keep him as a M9 loophole wildcard. I wouldn't upset my structure to get him in, but if he fits why not?

While I agree he's never been consistent enough for a SC premo, he doesn't really have a "history of breaking down", i.e., he's not fragile week-to-week. Over his career there have really been 3 main concerns:

Osteitis Pubis, which has cleared up since Scott (and maybe more importantly Saunders) came to the club
Pulmonary embolism, which affected him through a pre-season while he had to stay on anticoagulants
Last year's foot injury, which was a freak training mishap.
He also had a calf late in 2012, which hasn't so far appeared to be a recurring thing.

I haven't gone there myself, but it's interesting to consider a guy priced at 67 who could easily get 90+, even in the mids if you keep him as a M9 loophole wildcard. I wouldn't upset my structure to get him in, but if he fits why not?
I suppose if you think you can keep him there long term then why not. However I reckon most people would be better placed cashing out a rookie and moving up another level to the premo by years end. He's only going to make so much money and the likelihood of him stepping up a level to be that consistent premo is the risk you are taking. If he doesn't you might as well have played a cash cow there instead IMO.

It's all based on the upside and if he fits in your structure (e.g. you have a spot for him come years end) then wicked, go for it. I'd rather go with cash in my bottom 5-6 mid spots early because that's where the points & $$ is IMO.

Like this team. Not sold on the Ruck set up tho. I know going all in like that is sure to cover for injuries, One hit in bye rounds etc etc. But you're likely giving up points every week of the season to do it IMO. While NicNat is flying I doubt Lycett would be and vice versa is all I'm thinking. I suppose it's covered you and with that Fwd/Ruc flexibility it could work. I'd just as much rather pick up the two best rucks I could is all.
Yeh I'm the same, i've got another option which is essentially
Hibberd>Goodes
Lycett> Goldy
J.Martin>Titch

Hey lads, posted here few weeks back, wasn't happy so I set some good time to do some research ect before uni starts to get my team ready, like everyone else I have a few NAB cup watchers. Having said that, I am rather happy about my team. Only concern is TBC because of Essendon saga and I only have 8k left in my kitty.

So here goes. ( Go easy )

Birchall, Broadbent, Newnes, Higgins, Ibbotson, Dick ( Goddard, Vojo-Rainbow )

Ablett, Pendelbury, Fyfe, Selwood, Dangerfield, Boekhorst, Vandeberg, Laverde ( Freeman, Steele, Lambert )

Goldstein, Bellchambers ( Cox )

Franklin, Martin, Swan, Mitchell, Clarke, Hogan ( Salem, Daniel )

Would be very open to any feedback.

I like it a lot.
if you could make buddy into gray I'd almost copy/paste

7ET1kv3.png

Think i'm reasonably happy with this, except defence is definitely where i'm the least certain. Depending on how docherty looks in the NAB cup but i'm hoping he has a breakout year this year and produces similar to what Kade Simpson has in the past whilst playing a similar role. Could just as easily downgrade him to someone like Ibbotson if he's looking good and either keep that extra money in the bank (currently have 66k) or upgrade elsewhere. Thoughts?

7ET1kv3.png

Think i'm reasonably happy with this, except defence is definitely where i'm the least certain. Depending on how docherty looks in the NAB cup but i'm hoping he has a breakout year this year and produces similar to what Kade Simpson has in the past whilst playing a similar role. Could just as easily downgrade him to someone like Ibbotson if he's looking good and either keep that extra money in the bank (currently have 66k) or upgrade elsewhere. Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with that team at all. Is as good as I've seen on here during pre-season.

7ET1kv3.png

Rucks are a problem. No backup if one misses two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back