Teams SC 2016 - My Team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly how I wanted it, but reasonably happy. (Until after round 1 haha)
No dpp links and a would have preferred Jacobs or Stef but just couldn't work out that way.
Any feedback appreciated.

Defenders
Boyd Laird Bartel
Weitering Day M Adams (Brown Tippa)

Mid
Fyfe Danger Pendles Ablett Priddis
Libba Mills Hewitt (Gresham Dunkley Davis)

Ruck
Goldy Gawn (Grimley)

Forward
Martin Barlow Wells
B Kennedy Menadue Kerridge (Milera McCarthy)

No $ left

Team pretty well locked now Melb v GWS has started. So now stuck with Petracca. Will only need to trade him in anyway so while everyone is scrambling to get him in I may be able to move on someone else or save the trade. Thinking positive but no other mid rookie appealed just yet. Hoping my 6 premo mids scoring offsets the need for Libba and Mills. My main worry is D6 but a viable cheap scoring option will turn up in the next few weeks, always does every year so I'll ride it out for a week or two then reassess. Not convinced on Weitering yet either. He almost certainly won't average 70+ IMO. Also can't see Mills scoring output at halfback being significantly higher than Gresham, Dunkley, Hewett etc., who are primarily midfielders to justify the extra 100k but we will see, risky strategy perhaps. Not sold on a 2nd ruck yet but bullish on Tippett so I'll have a closer look at them and eventually move Tippett forward. Have kept just enough cash to move on Papley or McDonald-Tippungungooniegoogoowuutoo to another 117-123k rookie correction if need be.

Before one derides a few picks like Tippett, Robinson, Sloane, Malceski, B.Smith, Buddy etc etc. I've done my research and are bullish on them, the only one you guys managed to talk me out of was Lobbe, so well done. Also today moved on McGovern and Libba for some top end talent in Fyfe. As I remember last year, starting without him (and Goldy) is costly and it's not so easy to get them in.

Good luck all here in 2016 and may one of us be coveted in SC glory by the end of 2016 . Heres to pissing all our girlfriends/wives off with SC.

B: BARTEL, BIRCHALL, B.SMITH, MALCESKI, Dea, M.Brown (Adams, M-Titu)

M: FYFE, ABLETT, R.GRAY, SLOANE, SELWOOD, ROCKLIFF, Gresham, Hewett (Dunkley, Davis, Petracca)

R: GODLSTEIN, TIPPETT (Loersch)

F: BARLOW, ROBINSON, FRANKLIN, Wells, Menadue, Kerridge (McCarthy, Papley)

94b8ebdcff55cbe06cf220642eed51d7.png

What I ended up with. Question as a first time SuperCoacher...is the idea to try and feed the $ increase of bench players into your starting list and downgrade the bench players as their price rises?

What I ended up with. Question as a first time SuperCoacher...is the idea to try and feed the $ increase of bench players into your starting list and downgrade the bench players as their price rises?
Yep, basically buy low sell high. When you have a couple of rookies maxed out, trade them for one rookie (playing preferably) and one gun player who has dropped in value.

Ended up with the following:
Def: Shaw, Rance, Laird, Weitering, Dea, Brown, Adams, Tipa.
Mids: Fyfe, Ablett, Danger, Pendles, Rocky, Libba, Mills, Oliver, Hewett, Gresham, Davis.
Rucks: Goldy, Martin, Goat.
Fwd: Barlow, Hall, Wells, BenKen, Menadue, Kerridge, Papley, McCarthy.
~50k left over.

Spent a lot on premos and higher priced rookies, but am fairly happy with my structure so far. I haven't seemed to miss any rookies and every premo/keeper I have selected I expect to keep for the rest of the season (barring injury).
I'm not a huge fan of having to start 3 def rookies, but I reckon Weitering is a gun, and the other 2 spots will have to be a raffle every week...

Yep, basically buy low sell high. When you have a couple of rookies maxed out, trade them for one rookie (playing preferably) and one gun player who has dropped in value.

By maxed out do you mean a price at which you don't think they'll rise much more?

i think a few of us will post the relevant Breakevens for the rookies and premos each week

No recipetion yesterday so couldn't swap KK

Need a defender rookie... Who?

Shaw, Laird, KK, Dea, Adam's, Brown, Hartley,??

Danger, Pendel, Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, B Kennedy, Gresham, Hewett, Davis

Goldstein, Gawn, Grimley

Wingard, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Menadue, Kerridge, McCarthy, McDonald T

Only 15.2k left

Yes. All your rookie money goes into upgrading the players on the field. Until you have a full team, then you can strengthen your bench, if you still have trades/money.

Danger, Pendel, Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, B Kennedy, Gresham, Hewett, Davis

Goldstein, Gawn, Grimley

Only 15.2k left
You've missed the boat on everyone. Papley, Cameron, McDonald, Weitering, Milera, AhChee etc.
And if you only have 15k, you can't afford anyone anyway.
At this point, your only option is to either bet on a Lee or Brand getting a game at some point. Or downgrading Danger/Selwood to a cheaper option (if there are any still available) and getting a Cutler/Harwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've missed the boat on everyone. Papley, Cameron, McDonald, Weitering, Milera, AhChee etc.
And if you only have 15k, you can't afford anyone anyway.
At this point, your only option is to either bet on a Lee or Brand getting a game at some point. Or downgrading Danger/Selwood to a cheaper option (if there are any still available) and getting a Cutler/Harwood.

Yeah pretty stuffed

Goldstein, Gawn, Grimley

Only 15.2k left
Eric McKenzie or Jackson Nelson.

Goldstein, Gawn, Grimley

Only 15.2k left

Well at least I won't finish last this week. :$

dog.JPG

Mad some stupid on field decisions like making Shaw Captain and starting Gov and Tip. Easily fixed next week, Ablett perma C.

Good
  • 4 keepers in defense + Weitering. Those starting two or three of Dea/Adams/Tip/Brown are in for a tough one early on.
  • Got Goldy who looks like he is going to go skits like last season
  • No Fyfe. Marathon not a sprint but yeah, not good signs from him.
  • M Crouch 96 from 67% game time. 15 contested 10 clearances, gun. Should get off for his bump.
  • Happy with Premium selections and have nailed the rookies bar Menadue. Straight swap with Gov, thats why you spare 50k.
  • Pleased with the structure but maybe one too heavy in the midfield. Could have avoided the D6/F6 carnage.
Bad
  • Pendles, at least he somehow got 90 from that insipid performance. Signs aren't good but he has been the second best SCer over the past 6-7 years, gota have faith.
  • No Libba... ouch
  • B Crouch looks fat and rusty. Wish I had Libba instead but have to hold, especially due to his awkward price. I think he will come good.
  • Playing roulette with F6 every week is a problem.
  • Those with Parker have a massive advantage and the rest of us could be playing catch up.

View attachment 229172

Mad some stupid on field decisions like making Shaw Captain and starting Gov and Tip. Easily fixed next week, Ablett perma C.

Good
  • 4 keepers in defense + Weitering. Those starting two or three of Dea/Adams/Tip/Brown are in for a tough one early on.
  • Got Goldy who looks like he is going to go skits like last season
  • No Fyfe. Marathon not a sprint but yeah, not good signs from him.
  • M Crouch 96 from 67% game time. 15 contested 10 clearances, gun. Should get off for his bump.
  • Happy with Premium selections and have nailed the rookies bar Menadue. Straight swap with Gov, thats why you spare 50k.
  • Pleased with the structure but maybe one too heavy in the midfield. Could have avoided the D6/F6 carnage.
Bad
  • Pendles, at least he somehow got 90 from that insipid performance. Signs aren't good but he has been the second best SCer over the past 6-7 years, gota have faith.
  • No Libba... ouch
  • B Crouch looks fat and rusty. Wish I had Libba instead but have to hold, especially due to his awkward price. I think he will come good.
  • Playing roulette with F6 every week is a problem.
  • Those with Parker have a massive advantage and the rest of us could be playing catch up.
Good summary, and a good team as well. Looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back