Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
As semi-implied by the title, this is a thread for relevant players for the Swans. This is for all to post thoughts and questions on Swans players in terms of TOG, possibility of game, pecking order, expected best 22, expected output etc etc.

Possible Relevant players:
JPK
Jack
Jetta
Mitchell
Parker
Armstrong
Lamb
Towers

BradBert

Senior List
Nov 4, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just starting to look at DT for 2013 and I have a query - what are Swans fans' thoughts on O'Keefe? He averaged over 110 in the second half of 2012 and from an outsiders point of view this seemed to do with an increased/permanent midfield role. Is he likely to continue with this role next year? & how is his pre-season tracking?

Congratulations on the premiership.

& thanks in advance. :)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Just starting to look at DT for 2013 and I have a query - what are Swans fans' thoughts on O'Keefe? He averaged over 110 in the second half of 2012 and from an outsiders point of view this seemed to do with an increased/permanent midfield role. Is he likely to continue with this role next year? & how is his pre-season tracking?

Congratulations on the premiership.

& thanks in advance. :)

ROK should continue his role in the middle, the only query would be is whether age slows him down. In saying that he is a health freak and only injury should curb his output for this year.

settingthebarLOW

Team Captain
Dec 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
JPK is turning 25 IIRC. Has he hit is peak or is he set to improve?
ROK is also a valid option as a unique for those interested in managing bye rounds. Would be a lock if DPP :oops:
Will Parker be sub quite a few times?
Will Mumford's scoring be diminished by Pyke?
Towers/Membrey to get games? Or be on the outer? Membrey IIRC can replace an underperforming Morton.
Rohan cheaply priced from injury but never a great DT scorer.
Unfortunately Swans don't seem to relevant DT-wise this year, though can't say the same in real life ;)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
ROK is also a valid option as a unique for those interested in managing bye rounds. Would be a lock if DPP :oops:
Towers/Membrey to get games? Or be on the outer? Membrey IIRC can replace an underperforming Morton.
Unfortunately Swans don't seem to relevant DT-wise this year, though can't say the same in real life ;)

It would be a good effort for JPK to improve but if he kicks the ball more this year, who knows. See him more to continue his output.
Parker may get the vest but wouldnt expect to get it as much (injuries etc) Bird, Bolton and a few others may share the vest around this year.
Mummy would be a unique but with Pyke in the side ruck time may be decreased, also tippett coming in could further decrease his ruck time.
Membrey and Towers would be lucky to get into the side this year with a few like Mitchell, Armstrong, Lamb etc to be given games before this years draftees.
Rohan I wouldnt touch this year due to the break and may be finding his feet again this year. Next year look for him to step up and hopefully take some of goodes place as a game breaker for us.

You are right, DT really isnt the swans forte however next year may be a bit different with a changing of the guard. SC is a different matter :)

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney

Unlike Membling I think Towers is a chance of game time, picked at a mature age and the pick he was taken at someone has a role in mind for him. Watch his pre season games for a strong indicative sign. Membrey I think is more likely to be in development.

ROK started 2012 slowly because of injury, but if I recall, I brought him in following the game with the Hawks in Round 5 when he seemed to hit his straps, and he never looked back, so I think he would be a valid addition to any team, but maybe wait a few rounds first to see how he goes, think he's just getting to that sort of age where you can't reliably count on him to have his sort of output from the get go.

ShaySwannies

All Australian
Apr 25, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Tottenham, Vikings
Hannebery hasn't scored well in the past, but if his final series is anything to go by he may be ready to explode. I'd put some serious consideration into him if he's not overly expensive.

JPK, ROK and Jack are always on my radar. Last year I officially gave up on Mummy as a DT option.

Hannebery is my SuperCoach smokey for next year. Will be mid price and I think he will have many more games next year like his GF performance.

PaulRoos

All Australian
Mar 12, 2007
Down South - WA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Diorites- Sth Freo - Wolves
As much as I love the Swans I never pick any of our players, we're just not a team who have individuals consistantly scoring big besides maybe Kennedy.

Only guys I'd be interested in are the cheap guys who might get some games eg. Towers, Membrey, Mitchell and that would only be to make money off them.

I've been playing DT & SC for a few years, play it for fun never expecting to make it too far as my teams are full of Red'n'White.

Took 13 Swans players into the minor GF last season and only just got beat which was a fair effort.

Just can't have a Pies player, a Hawks player, an Egos player in my team ... would rather crash'n'burn than feel sick every time I look at my team.

Towers will get game time next year I believe... other than that I agree with scaryness and ShaySwannies Hannebery would be a fantastic choice should really break out next year.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
I think the only players from the Swans that would potentially get premium averages (SC wise) are JPK and Jack to be honest. I would have added RO'K to that too if he still had DPP, but as a mid i can't see him getting anywhere near the 115-120+ or so required to be a keeper as a mid. That, and he is on the wrong side of 30 to improve on his scoring output really. Likewise with Goodes, 33 and this might be the year where we see him taper off a bit compared to his peak, could be a decent upgrade target in the forward line should he be performing well around the bye area.

Mumford, hmmmm maybe. Although he won't be doing a majority of the ruck. He'll share the load with Pyke and now Tippett. So i can't see him getting near the likes of Cox, Sandilands and a good 4 or 5 others. (McEvoy, Maric, NicNat etc....)

Mitch Morton is rookie priced. Watch his NAB Cup form.

Membrey, Mitchell and Towers are probably the only rookie priced players that i'm considering at the moment. Unless someone else bobs up in the NAB Cup pushing for Rd 1 selection.

That's probably my assessment. lol.

alanlau34

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
JPK will probably be the only Swan I seriously consider locking in. The rest are very even and consistent, but awkwardly priced. Any rookies won't be guaranteed gametime.

I'll be picking up cheapies from the lower tier teams that will be starting in round 1.

What is it with Hannebery, has a high ceiling but can bottom out as well with scores in the 40's/50's?

Does he tag often?
I wouldn't expect him to tag much if at all in 2013. He had 6 games at that level in 2012, was sub in 1 of them and subbed out in another. 4 quiet matches for the year is more than the top consistent midfielders, if you were picking him this year you would expect him to improve on that. Points in his favour include high durability (21, 24, 25 matches in the past 3 years), continued increase in output through his career, and demonstrated ability to perform at a very high level in finals suggests that he does have the ability to score consistently as he develops.

Danair

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep, I agree Hanners is looking at a breakout year (maybe better suited to DT). Really looking forward to this new SC/DT draft league.

Last year it was CAS and he did a really good job so if he is stil up for it I would recommend him.

If he needs a break I could do it though. Or at least attempt to do it....

I could try to, it's not as if they're breathing down my neck at work so I have extended periods of nothingness to fill, but maybe a more popular figure should take charge.

Back