SC BBL 2018/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 heat
Heat play Rd1 x2
Then Rd 4

I'd suggest changing at least one, maybe 2
Devils advocate - they can be used as loopholes in rounds 2 & 3 and from round 4 onwards Heat players are the best to own given they have 2 DGRs and no byes. That said, i do agree 5 is too many. 3-4 is probably ideal

Nice team! Bypassing Lynn is gutsy given he has double game round first up and is a genuine captain option but if he fails then its potentially a stroke of genius given that the Heat have rounds 2 and 3 off. Other than that i cant really fault it although its very different to my team. As far as strategy goes im personally focussing almost exclusively on trading to DGR players but you do make a good point in that you might miss cash generation by doing so. What i will say is that you really don't want to be trading many players that you pick in your initial team before their DGR because that essentially 'wastes' trades as it means you would've been better off starting a player from a team with an earlier DGR. Of course there are exceptions as some players may become 'must haves' due to point scoring, cash generation and captaincy potential.

Looking at my current team, ive only picked 1 player (Dunk) who doesnt have a DGR in the first 4 rounds (which essentially means i dont have any renegade players). My current trading plan is to use about 2/3 of my trades to trade in players with a DGR that week but looking at the schedule there will be rounds where i use 1 or 3. I dont think ill ever use 3 trades in a week without trading to a player with a DGR but we'll see as there are a couple rounds where a team follows a DGR with a bye (Heat rounds 1-2, Strikers 2-3, Canes 3-4, Strikers 7-8 & Stars 10-11)

Definitely a lot to consider

Ditch fawad for NCN asap

Cheers, felllas, I can see that this isn't your first rodeo. Have finally managed to consolidate a few general questions below just to check if I'm starting to understand the basics. Very easy to end up chasing your own tail, it's got a fair bit of depth to it...

1. LOOP: Run a dedicated loop or rely on blokes on bye rds? Best to use BAT/WKT with most byes / late games, low chance of selection and cheapest, and rotate thru BAT line with two playing BAT/WKTs?

2. C / VC: Always DGR blokes where available, lock VC in before first lockouts, same basic idea as AFL SC?

3. DPP: In general, better to have more BAT/BWL DPP players in BAT as bats only one avenue to score (other than fielding, in general lower avg), so have 2 or so DPP blokes in BAT?

4. EMERG: No E nomination, if have two live Es, get lowest, so better to have a non-playing DPP option you can move across the lines

5. Cash gen: How fast do the prices normally change (i.e. for a rookie to reach a price gain you'd be ok with, like 150k or so SC AFL? 60-75k?
Breakdown of trades used on cash gen bench blokes to slingshotting premos? 50/50?

6. No-Bye Players: Thinking of grabbing some like Wade at ok price with good JS and no byes for foundation, 3 or so to just leave in for the whole season

7. Finals: Unlimited trades = no limits on number of trades you use, but you can only use whatever you have left out of your 36 by then, correct?

8. Price formula: Anyone have it for SC BBL? Rolling average or single round scores the basis?
If multiround and price changes starting after rd 1, do they plug in an imaginary avg for the first two games of a three-game rolling average or what?
Prices don't seem to be based purely on avg and magic number, e.g. Lynn price.

b. Lammachane: If he bolts after 4 games, does he really have any selection purpose, i.e. how much cash could he even make in that time? Seems no point.

Hope some of these make sense...

7. Finals: Unlimited trades = no limits on number of trades you use, but you can only use whatever you have left out of your 36 by then, correct?
Nah the 36 trades represent 3 trades per week between rounds 1-13. You get unlimited trades after that i.e. you could make 16 trades a week in the finals if you wanted to.

Does anyone have their own list of must haves...

So far i have:
- Maxwell
- Bravo
- Klinger
- Ncn
- Peirson
- Lamichame
- Ingles

Tossing and turning on Lynn, probably will start him, especially as captain 1st round

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really like bravo, short, tye, Watson, khan, Carey, dunk, Maxwell and Lynn but dunk excluded they are all expensive and some don't fit with my bye planning. At the moment I don't have bravo, Maxwell and Carey from that list. Tye is no certainty to stay in my team but it is hard to go past him given his dgr first up and his ability to go massive. Klinger is another I feel is basically a lock given price and his dgr first up. Pattinson, Inglis and mccullum seem good value for money too but would not say they are locks.

Does anyone have their own list of must haves...

So far i have:
- Maxwell
- Bravo
- Klinger
- Ncn
- Peirson
- Lamichame
- Ingles

Tossing and turning on Lynn, probably will start him, especially as captain 1st round

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have 2 of those only :eek:

Cheers, felllas, I can see that this isn't your first rodeo. Have finally managed to consolidate a few general questions below just to check if I'm starting to understand the basics. Very easy to end up chasing your own tail, it's got a fair bit of depth to it...

1. LOOP: Run a dedicated loop or rely on blokes on bye rds? Best to use BAT/WKT with most byes / late games, low chance of selection and cheapest, and rotate thru BAT line with two playing BAT/WKTs?

2. C / VC: Always DGR blokes where available, lock VC in before first lockouts, same basic idea as AFL SC?

3. DPP: In general, better to have more BAT/BWL DPP players in BAT as bats only one avenue to score (other than fielding, in general lower avg), so have 2 or so DPP blokes in BAT?

4. EMERG: No E nomination, if have two live Es, get lowest, so better to have a non-playing DPP option you can move across the lines

5. Cash gen: How fast do the prices normally change (i.e. for a rookie to reach a price gain you'd be ok with, like 150k or so SC AFL? 60-75k?
Breakdown of trades used on cash gen bench blokes to slingshotting premos? 50/50?

6. No-Bye Players: Thinking of grabbing some like Wade at ok price with good JS and no byes for foundation, 3 or so to just leave in for the whole season

8. Price formula: Anyone have it for SC BBL? Rolling average or single round scores the basis?
If multiround and price changes starting after rd 1, do they plug in an imaginary avg for the first two games of a three-game rolling average or what?
Prices don't seem to be based purely on avg and magic number, e.g. Lynn price.

b. Lammachane: If he bolts after 4 games, does he really have any selection purpose, i.e. how much cash could he even make in that time? Seems no point.

Hope some of these make sense...
1, Loop, week 1, heat vc then see what score you get. Good = potentially bring in a low $ dpp who wont play rd1, Bad = C on a scorcher and pray, rd2 onwards I'll always have a loophole bye player available. Eg, week 1 i have 4 heat, week 2 trade 3 out, one left for loophole rds2&3 and dble game in rd4
2, always vc a dbl gamer
3 like real SC dpp is overrated imo, pick best team you can, scoring will take care of itself
4, correct,
5 dont be afraid to trade premos who have upcoming byes. Eg rd2, trade out Lynn, McCullum etc. Cash generation, mo idea on the formula, think its a variation of the duckworth lewis debacle
6, wade, excellent selection imo. Some of your 1st rd team will stay the season
7, 3 per week, then unlimited for each final
8, i think prices are redonne each rd

Loosechange, considering its only 4 rounds i wont be considering him

Hope some of that helps

I really like bravo, short, tye, Watson, khan, Carey, dunk, Maxwell and Lynn but dunk excluded they are all expensive and some don't fit with my bye planning. At the moment I don't have bravo, Maxwell and Carey from that list. Tye is no certainty to stay in my team but it is hard to go past him given his dgr first up and his ability to go massive. Klinger is another I feel is basically a lock given price and his dgr first up. Pattinson, Inglis and mccullum seem good value for money too but would not say they are locks.

Patto is a massive lock, cheapest dble gamer from heat, will keep till rd 4 and use as my vc loophole boy for rds 2&3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gotta hope he isn’t ‘managed’. That’s what I’m still struggling to work out, who the hell will play for the Scorchers if all fit.

Thats what worries me about the scorchers bowlers, i reckon theyll have 6 maybe 7 bowlers and there not at home much in the 1st 7 rounds

From SCC

INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS AVAILABILITY

Strikers
Colin Ingram - FULL
Rashid Khan - FULL

Heat
Brendon McCullum - FULL
Mujeeb Ur Rahman - FULL

Hurricanes
Jofra Archer - FULL
Tymal Mills - FULL

Renegades
Mohammad Nabi - FULL
Usman Khan Shinwari - Rd1 to 6
Harry Gurney - Rd7 to13

Stars
Dwayne Bravo - FULL
Sandeep Lamichhane - Rd1 to 4 and Rd12 to 13
Matt Parkinson - Rd5 to 11

Scorchers
David Willey - FULL
Usman Qadir - FULL

Sixers
Joe Denly - FULL

Thunder
Joe Root - Rd1 to 6
Jos Buttler - Rd1 to 6
Chris Jordan - Rd7 to 13
Anton Devcich - Rd7 to 13

Hi campaigners.

Is the BBL easier to play now ? I had a hard time keeping up with the rounds last time l played this.

No it is not, probably tougher than ever especially with more rounds which means more internationals which means you have to be careful over whether they're available or not.

As for Warnie's team, it'll be something like this:
Swepson (C)
Stoinis
D'Arcy Short
Lloyd Pope
Qadir
Any other leggie I'm forgetting

1, Loop, week 1, heat vc then see what score you get. Good = potentially bring in a low $ dpp who wont play rd1, Bad = C on a scorcher and pray, rd2 onwards I'll always have a loophole bye player available. Eg, week 1 i have 4 heat, week 2 trade 3 out, one left for loophole rds2&3 and dble game in rd4
2, always vc a dbl gamer
3 like real SC dpp is overrated imo, pick best team you can, scoring will take care of itself
4, correct,
5 dont be afraid to trade premos who have upcoming byes. Eg rd2, trade out Lynn, McCullum etc. Cash generation, mo idea on the formula, think its a variation of the duckworth lewis debacle
6, wade, excellent selection imo. Some of your 1st rd team will stay the season
7, 3 per week, then unlimited for each final
8, i think prices are redonne each rd

Loosechange, considering its only 4 rounds i wont be considering him

Hope some of that helps
Cheers, this is excellent, and thanks to SELFCONFESDAFLNERD, too, you blokes are the early clubhouse leaders with the analysis and advice.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back