SC BBL 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Thought I'd start a discussion on the SC BBL upcoming season

I've taken a quick 5 minutes to throw together the first team

upload_2018-11-2_9-59-4.png

I used to be good at this game, but have forgot how to cricket. I don't even know half the players. :(

Do they still have that thing where some teams play twice each round? That used to do my head in

Yes DGR, double game rounds, a key part of strategy

Good thread and good timing, trying this this year. Have got some questions on strategy, will post them all in one go this weekend to make it a bit structured​

Some will be very basic for those who've been doing it for a while now, but you have to start somewhere.​

Good thread and good timing, trying this this year. Have got some questions on strategy, will post them all in one go this weekend to make it a bit structured​

Some will be very basic for those who've been doing it for a while now, but you have to start somewhere.​

Happy to help where i can bud,

Its tough as it constantly changes and team selections arent finalised till like 2 hours before game commences

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.18.03 pm.png

Planning to maximise points in the first round with lots of scorchers and heat players but am looking ahead to round 2 where the strikers have a double game with khan and laughlin. That said i am somewhat wary of round 3 when both the strikers and heat have a bye so my trades prior to round 2 will most likely be looking ahead and getting a few 6'ers or thunder players in for my heat players. The 6'ers dont have a bye round all season so someone like Henriques could well stay in my team all season. Its probably counterproductive to look ahead more than 2-3 rounds but i like the idea of keeping Watson and Ferguson until round 4 when they play twice.

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 581193

Planning to maximise points in the first round with lots of scorchers and heat players but am looking ahead to round 2 where the strikers have a double game with khan and laughlin. That said i am somewhat wary of round 3 when both the strikers and heat have a bye so my trades prior to round 2 will most likely be looking ahead and getting a few 6'ers or thunder players in for my heat players. The 6'ers dont have a bye round all season so someone like Henriques could well stay in my team all season. Its probably counterproductive to look ahead more than 2-3 rounds but i like the idea of keeping Watson and Ferguson until round 4 when they play twice.
I play in 3-4 week segments, and plan for the future. I use the following, which helps.
20181103_202842.jpg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I play in 3-4 week segments, and plan for the future. I use the following, which helps.View attachment 581449

That definitely helps! I'm already planning potential trades for the first 4 rounds or so and am using the watchlist feature quite heavily. Its interesting to note that the first 4 rounds look the most difficult to navigate in terms of scheduling. I assume that teams are likely to be more fluid in the opening few rounds too so it might be a challenging period. Should be relatively smooth sailing after that. I'm currently looking at scheduling to see which teams/players are best to use to exploit loopholes as well. If i come to any meaningful conclusions ill be sure to post them

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics

Join kents
Joined.

Every year I swear I won't play this frustrating game, but every year I do. Just an addict I guess :)

I've thrown this team together for round 1, but until we know which players are actually playing and available it's just guesswork. I do like the look of it if they all play though.

2jaf01w.jpg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Joined.

Every year I swear I won't play this frustrating game, but every year I do. Just an addict I guess :)

I've thrown this team together for round 1, but until we know which players are actually playing and available it's just guesswork. I do like the look of it if they all play though.

2jaf01w.jpg
I know its way too early to be rating teams but jeez that looked awesome...until i saw the bench. If you can get away with spending as little as you did on the bench, your team will be bloody brilliant (for at least the first few rounds).

Joined.

2jaf01w.jpg

No AJ Tye........

I know its way too early to be rating teams but jeez that looked awesome...until i saw the bench. If you can get away with spending as little as you did on the bench, your team will be bloody brilliant (for at least the first few rounds).

Bench strugglea bigtime

I have Faulkner on my bench atm

Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey guys, a mate and I are two podcasts into our Free Hit BBL Supercoach podcast series previewing the BBL08 season. We've had Tim Ludeman and Jamie Cox on and have Ben Laughlin, Ben Dunk & Craig Simmons on our next few pods.

We've also got two brilliant stats guys who really know their stuff and input from past BBL fantasy winners.

Please search Free Hit BBL Supercoach podcast on Facebook or @freehitbblpod to find us.

https://m.facebook.com/freehitbblpodcast/?__tn__=C-R

We're available via Apple Podcasts or Wooshkaa.

Listen here- https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/bbl-supercoach-free-hit-podcast

Happy to help where i can bud,

Its tough as it constantly changes and team selections arent finalised till like 2 hours before game commences

Compiling some questions l, will ask a couple on the weekend, I reckon.
Seems to have more tactical elements than footy SC to it with DGR/bye planning, horses for courses selections over utilizing full kitty depending on schedule / matchups, more slingshotting trading than classic rookie up/downgrades - at first glance, at least.
Understand the popularity, looks a good format and cream will rise to the top more reliably than in footy SC given intricacies, you’d reckon.

Compiling some questions l, will ask a couple on the weekend, I reckon.
Seems to have more tactical elements than footy SC to it with DGR/bye planning, horses for courses selections over utilizing full kitty depending on schedule / matchups, more slingshotting trading than classic rookie up/downgrades - at first glance, at least.
Understand the popularity, looks a good format and cream will rise to the top more reliably than in footy SC given intricacies, you’d reckon.

All true

Scoring rules worth looking at as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back