Discussion SC Season Review (of sorts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This is soooo much more exciting than the cash prize. Check this sh*t out!!!

View attachment 975577

vast Bring on the Zingers!

So this email is legit?

I thought it was a scam and deleted it.

I got an email for finishing in top 1011 requesting name, address and phone number.

Key chain, cap and socks on offer but sadly no personalised tracksuit.

So this email is legit?

I thought it was a scam and deleted it.

I got an email for finishing in top 1011 requesting name, address and phone number.

Key chain, cap and socks on offer but sadly no personalised tracksuit.

I got one too. Cheap pricks could have at least offered a free large combo.

I got one too. Cheap pricks could have at least offered a free large combo.
4hzaf9.jpg

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I did an experiment a few years back where I made 2 teams, the usual MPM for me (8-8-14 set up) and a strict GnR team for my kid (13-0-17) The result was virtually identical looking teams and rankings inside the Top1k at the end of the year. The lesson learned here is that a Rd1 team is not as important as I'd previously thought and that trading and team management, particularly prior and through the MBRs is what separates the wheat from the chaff. It's also perfectly plausible that a WaynesWorld19 selected Rd1 team can finish Top1k, so long as he doesn't do his own trades. Moreover, whether it's MPM or GnR, starting with too many PODs in your Rd1 team is never a good idea. No more than 1 or 2 selections under 5-10%. You really can't go wrong starting with a combination of the most popular selected players, it doesn't really matter which ones and have a trades plan that's a bit longer than the upcoming round.

Interesting post.

I usually try for MPM, and save one season I dominated with that strategy I’m always chasing from the outset watching as other teams stacked with Gawn, Neale, Macrae and Lloyd cruise through the season and make the right trades toward the death.

Probably less fun, but you’re banking points each week rather than speculating a bunch of what if’s.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interesting post.

I usually try for MPM, and save one season I dominated with that strategy I’m always chasing from the outset watching as other teams stacked with Gawn, Neale, Macrae and Lloyd cruise through the season and make the right trades toward the death.

Probably less fun, but you’re banking points each week rather than speculating a bunch of what if’s.

MPM doesn't mean you can't start with all of those guys. I missed out on Neale, but bought him in for Rd3. Brought in Lloyd & Petracca as my next 2 upgrades fairly early on as well.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
MPM doesn't mean you can't start with all of those guys. I missed out on Neale, but bought him in for Rd3. Brought in Lloyd & Petracca as my next 2 upgrades fairly early on as well.

Mind be possible if you weren't picking breakout scrubs like Hugh McCluggage. :moustache:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back