Scam Pop Ups

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems effective. How long has this thread been running?
It has been effective in reducing the occurrences. The nature of the modern ad technology means it’s unlikely this will ever be completely eradicated.

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone else is noticing this - but in the last 24 hours I can't view BF from mobile. Getting a forced pop up to some dodgy "win an iphone!" type webpage. Impossible to click away from.

Pretty sure it's not malware on my phone or anything - identical problem presenting on two different iphones.

May only be affecting international users (as I live in Asia). Site is unusable on mobile with the current situation.

Just FYI.

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone else is noticing this - but in the last 24 hours I can't view BF from mobile. Getting a forced pop up to some dodgy "win an iphone!" type webpage. Impossible to click away from.

Pretty sure it's not malware on my phone or anything - identical problem presenting on two different iphones.

May only be affecting international users (as I live in Asia). Site is unusable on mobile with the current situation.

Just FYI.
Is it on every page you load up?

Some advice here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/scam-ads.1199647/

Had a lot of spam ads on mobile BF today but following the above advice helped clear the issue so far
It was on every page that I was loading earlier - currently in the UK so not sure if that is a contributing factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got a bunch of these when browsing on my iPhone, will follow steps in OP. FYI there's also one which gives a warning about malware with a link to protect your phone or something similar

I just got a bunch of these when browsing on my iPhone, will follow steps in OP. FYI there's also one which gives a warning about malware with a link to protect your phone or something similar
If you can post a screen grab when it comes back we can chase it down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back