Scary equalization solution

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this belongs on conspiracy board but...

I think I've had a disturbing vision of the AFLs future tying in betting and equalization. No priority picks or luxury taxes needed.

What they will do is handicap sides to the $2 / $1.90 line for tab sportsbet 5 minutes before the game. So if hawthorn played say Melbourne and the line was 48.5 points then Melbourne would start on a score of 48.5 (would also eliminate draws)

Maybe this belongs on conspiracy board but...

I think I've had a disturbing vision of the AFLs future tying in betting and equalization. No priority picks or luxury taxes needed.

What they will do is handicap sides to the $2 / $1.90 line for tab sportsbet 5 minutes before the game. So if hawthorn played say Melbourne and the line was 48.5 points then Melbourne would start on a score of 48.5 (would also eliminate draws)

you mean ranking the teams in order of who can beat the lines the most?

Roby did this...i can't live in a world with Melbourne 4rd.

Never said it was something I want to see. But for the entertainment centric afl view, the get to please their betting sponsor, provide "handicapping"/ equalization which renders arguments about footy department spend, academies, free agency irrelevant. They will get a game where any side could beat any other side. Which is what I think the afl want.

mqdefault.jpg

I don't know what any of this means

What is the problem to which this is a possible solution?

I thought equalisation was about finances and stadium deals. Not about what happens on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back