SCG - Get new camera angles

Remove this Banner Ad

This is as bad as the time I made you upgrade to HD.

Cameras too low and zoomed in, can't read the game well at all, pure trash

Cheers

Trying to reduce the view of the seating area behind, which is full of "supporters" wearing pale green jumpers...

Q

Cheers

That awkward moment you realise that footy coverage is aimed at todger gawking, chip munching losers instead of actual footy enthusiasts that would rather watch the game unfold as opposed to a close up of Josh Kennedy's ball bag

Cheers
What they need is an AFL sized ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the empty win

Cheers

You’re terrified. This is your best start to a season in years, so much excitement and hope, yet here we are again.

The Swans, standing in your way, looking down at you with a dry smirk. You know your place and it hurts you, but the sooner you accept it the better.

You’re terrified. This is your best start to a season in years, so much excitement and hope, yet here we are again.

The Swans, standing in your way, looking down at you with a dry smirk. You know your place and it hurts you, but the sooner you accept it the better.
Lol the arrogance. This thread has nothing to do with Sydney, but rather the SCG and it's viewing experience on TV. AFL should force Sydney to play at Homebush until they get a new stadium as it is not entertaining to watch on TV, which is what generates the AFL most of its money afterall.

How old are you?

What they need is an AFL sized ground.

Too expensive for the league, especially as they’d have to rebuild even smaller grounds like Adelaide Oval, Docklands, Kardinia Park etc.

The camera angles are stupidly low though. No real reason for it either as they could get the cameras higher up in the Brewongle Stand

Can't see why 7/Fox can't do what Channel Nine does for the Cricket and use the Camera angles from there. I'm sure I've seen them set up in the back of Brewongle, in the Light Towers,etc

We've talked about this on the stadiums board, they have a camera in the Brewongle stand but use it sparingly because it's too far off from the centre line. Switching the main camera to the other side of the ground would fix the low-angle problem, but there's basically two things preventing that: 1) epic solar flare during twilight matches, and 2) the REAL reason, you lose a chunk of on-screen ad fencing with the interchange benches.

My humble solution is to build an extension on the roof of the heritage listed Ladies Pavilion. Very subtle, very classy, nobody at the ground will notice while everybody at home benefits:
SCG_CameraBooth1_zpszqrg46mq.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back