Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
It's a thread long overdue around here!

I believe it's fair starting it with our Showdown mates, who are having a season for the ages...

"West Coast flies home on a high note as winless Adelaide’s horror year rolls on" (FoxSports)

"The Crows went from top to bottom in three years — this is how it happened" (ABC)

"Inside the camp that brought down the Adelaide Crows" (The Age)

"Lyon and Watson respond to Ricciuto’s comments on departing players" (SEN)

Schadenfreude can be such a beautiful feeling. Rejoice!

Last edited:

Not into gloating at their misfortune...we've achieved nothing for years either.
Based on last weeks form we could get hammered tomorrow!!

Normally I'd agree but this is unprecedented. Literally the worst, nothingest "footy club" in the codes history having the worst most nothing year imaginable. It should be savoured and they should be laughed out of existence.

Nah. Such a sh*t franchise isn't worthy of a thread on our board.
Ok. Fair enough. Thus, it's now a thread on Schadenfreude in general.

Not into gloating at their misfortune...we've achieved nothing for years either.
Based on last weeks form we could get hammered tomorrow!!
I almost put "Scape Goat" as the tag, but I went with "Universal Love" because it is more than a relief for our shortcomings.

Schadenfreude is about the misfortune of others. It's unrelated to our situation.

It may not be your thing, but it's something that I enjoy following sports. Half of the fun comes from Schadenfreude!

i thought this was the unofficial purpose of the 'AFL talk' thread
I see more complaints and match commentary than bantering over there.

Last edited:
Hawks are 0-2 after Clarkson's remarks on HTB were followed by the AFL changing the interpretation of the rule in the middle of the season.

There are people now demanding to take Hawthorn away from primetime matches:

---
Bonus: West Lakes has won 7 of all the 24 quarters it has played this season. #silverlinings

Last edited:
There's a forum on bf called Bay 13, Grem.
I have been there taking a look. I didn't like it that much, to be honest. We can be better than that.

Besides, if we take your point to the extreme, there would be no need for the club boards. We could all discuss anything in the main board...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually we love your work Gremio but these type of threads always degenerate into shitshows.

It's the Port Board, let's focus on Port.

Personally I get no schadenfreude from their position because they are so terrible. Their losses aren't even a blip on my radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back