FTA-TV Schitt's Creek

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
This is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series at this year's Emmys. Couple things I've learned:

1) It's Canadian (CBC)

2) Been going since 2015 and has 55 episodes.

Anyone watched it? Good, funny? Worth my time?

Funny show, watched it on NF. Pretty much everything Eugene Levy (the dad) is in is good, long track record.

watched the first couple of episodes.

Does it pick up?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Yeah, it probably takes them a season to flesh out the characters properly, and it gets better each season.

This is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series at this year's Emmys. Couple things I've learned:

1) It's Canadian (CBC)

2) Been going since 2015 and has 55 episodes.

Anyone watched it? Good, funny? Worth my time?

Just began watching it, it grows on you, its weird to describe what it actually is, theres comedy and some drama, very light, but its fun and the characters are great its an escape type of a show I guess.

Yes Levy is a ripper, the fellow playing the son, is actually the script writer I am told, don't know how true that is??
The fellow playing the son did write the scripts. That fellow, who's name is Dan Levy, is Eugene's son in real life. The woman who plays the ditzy waitress in the cafe is Eugene Levy's daughter and Dan's sister in real life. But don't be fooled, this is not a Eugene Levy production, this is a Dan Levy show and he hired his dad and sister to be in the show.

Last edited:
The fellow playing the son did write the scripts. That fellow, who's name is Dan Levy, is Eugene's son in real life. The woman who plays the ditzy waitress in the cafe is Eugene Levy's daughter and Dan's sister in real life. But don't be fooled, this is not a Eugene Levy production, this is a Dan Levy show and he hired his dad and sister to be in the show.
Thanks for that , very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to keep up with the rounds because of a family tipping comp we have every year, but I see there appear to be 8 games in round 11, yet online fixtures say that only GWS is on a bye, so where is Sydney , or did they just not write it in?
Round 11 starts Saturday right??

Trying to keep up with the rounds because of a family tipping comp we have every year, but I see there appear to be 8 games in round 11, yet online fixtures say that only GWS is on a bye, so where is Sydney , or did they just not write it in?
Round 11 starts Saturday right??
Sorry put this on the wrong site!

Yeah, it probably takes them a season to flesh out the characters properly, and it gets better each season.
Agree, me and my wife have binge watched it, and it is a full season to get into them, then there are the classic dialogue bits, the over done wealth loss, brilliant, there's gems but you have to pay attention. You got to listen to appreciate it, it gets a bit over the top sometimes you wear it because of the quality parts in it.
And Roland well what a character, but its hard to pick a problem with any characters. If you aren't prepared to keep trying, you will miss the gold in it. Its simple straight forward, a bit taxing at times, but its smart, that's what I think makes it, got about 10 episodes left.

You'll know as soon as you start whether your a stayer.

9 episodes in over the course of 2 months now. Not a thigh slapper which is why I go long periods without watching. Good show to watch over dinner or a large non-alcoholic drink. Not excessively quirky or excessively awkward but somewhere in between. Can picture a worse version where everything's loud and the characters are all stupid. Guess the characters are its strength. If they were paperthin or just assholes there wouldn't be much reason to keep watching.

Surprised it has a language warning before each episode as it feels like something you'd watch at 7pm each night if it was 2007. You could watch it with a 2020 kid.

Last edited:
Great show, can't believe there's only a 24 post thread on it!

Starts fairly slow but I was enjoying more than many from the start. Gets very good from about Season 3 onwards and was a big fan by the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back