News Schoenberg signs two-year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Think this guy can be a AA midfielder. He doesn’t look like an athlete but he’s got plenty of burst speed, a good turn and a pretty strong tackler.

Think this guy can be a AA midfielder. He doesn’t look like an athlete but he’s got plenty of burst speed, a good turn and a pretty strong tackler.
Very Brad Crouch-esq IMO.

Better kick perhaps but he's got similar attributes

Great news. I think this guy could go on to win a Brownlow at some stage. Looks like he's putting on some extra muscle and seems very happy at the club. Sounds like a good vibe at the club with the young blokes.

Should probably watch closer then
Oh, he's shown me something as a forward
But with our list profile and drafting I'm nearly adamant we're going to play him down back.
And he's shown very minimal there.

Must be having a good preseason. :)

Most of our draftees are re-signed before a ball is bounced in their second season. Most of the first rounders since Lever have signed whilst their first season is still unfolding. This is welcome news, but it is the norm. Those that haven't are the exception. I think the latest in the last few years was around May of season 2. But reckon it was only thst one that made it into the season prior to signing.

Hopefully he gets decent midfield minutes this year (noting he is unlikely to have the tank to run a full game through there yet).
Me too, reads the ruckman's tap really well and seems to have a knack for getting to the fall of the tap at pace. Not a trait a lot of our mids in recent years have shown. Probably the last Crows mid who did that consistently was Danger.

I think we will see a lot more of that with increased minutes in center bounces

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. The porpoise was pure silk. I think Schoenberg has a bit more in and under grunt to his game.

Porplyzia stopped tackling altogether as his his shoulder seemed to pop out any time he tried.
Both don't panic with ball in hand & look to take the best option... but agree, that's where the comparison probably ends.

Porps was a mini D Jarman rolls Royce, whereas Schoenberg more comfortable with the inside stuff.

Like both though.

Not sure if anyone realised this but he played against men when he was 14.

Please, keep this info on the down low because if Deerrrwayne gets a hold of it, he'll bleat it out everytime Harry gets near the pill
OH god, imagine if he kicks a CHAOS BALL or MAKES IT SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEM.

Both don't panic with ball in hand & look to take the best option... but agree, that's where the comparison probably ends.

Porps was a mini D Jarman rolls Royce,

I remember a few years back watching a showdown at my brothers house with two of Port Magpies royalty from the 70s/80s and I made a small, absolutely small comparison between a Crows player (who won a B&F) and D Jarman and they both put me back in my place pretty quickly. Apparently, there is D Jarman...daylight, more daylight and then others.

Given their football pedigree, I decided to make no more stupid comparisons that night.

On the plus though, we smashed Port, so that was funny

I remember a few years back watching a showdown at my brothers house with two of Port Magpies royalty from the 70s/80s and I made a small, absolutely small comparison between a Crows player (who won a B&F) and D Jarman and they both put me back in my place pretty quickly. Apparently, there is D Jarman...daylight, more daylight and then others.

Given their football pedigree, I decided to make no more stupid comparisons that night.

On the plus though, we smashed Port, so that was funny
1870’s/80’s?

Then turn either way and deliver with precision off a couple of steps with a defender breathing down his neck every step of the way. Combination of vision and skill I can't really recall seeing in another player. Sam Mitchell maybe.
Plus as hard at as anyone. NEVER shirked a contest. Porps was an amazing footballer ... there is nothing about Shoenberg that reminds me of him though.

Shoenberg has a very different vibe, there is a tiny bit of a de Goey flavour to him maybe?

Plus as hard at as anyone. NEVER shirked a contest. Porps was an amazing footballer ... there is nothing about Shoenberg that reminds me of him though.
I still remember that game Porps destroyed North melbourne, and he'd messed his shoulder up as well. Did it with one arm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back